• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Of the 2 help please

BAMCIS

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 26, 2006
    CO

Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56mm​

Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50​

So I'm kinda down to these 2 scopes.
    For a Remington 308,5R 24" barrel.
    Can use a 600-800 meter range.
    Yes it a range they have in meters vs yards No idea why they set it like that,but it's a private range.
    Anyone have any use of either,,or both,, please let me know about your knowledge.
    Seem glass is comparable,,Vortex warranty.

Does Athlon have any warranty?​

Athlon has a warranty, I'd pick the Athlon of the two. I think it has better glass and I like the reticles better. I have three Athlon's two Cronus and a Midas tac. I've used the viper but don't own one. Vortex warranty is great, you break it ,they'll fix or replace it.

Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56mm​

Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50​

So I'm kinda down to these 2 scopes.
    For a Remington 308,5R 24" barrel.
    Can use a 600-800 meter range.
    Yes it a range they have in meters vs yards No idea why they set it like that,but it's a private range.
    Anyone have any use of either,,or both,, please let me know about your knowledge.
    Seem glass is comparable,,Vortex warranty.

Does Athlon have any warranty?​

Vortex also has great Veteran's pricing as well :) If you shoot me over some credentials to [email protected] you can find out your price on that PST, we just got some more yesterday.