• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Off Center Flash Holes

Jester8

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2006
Bis. No.Dak.
I was uniforming some primer pockets on 5.56 LC brass, and noticed that a few of the flash holes, were way off of center. Anything to worry about or just load'em?

Re: Off Center Flash Holes

From what Ive heard, they do nothing for or against accuracy. Load em up and shoot them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308sako</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't like them, and found some myself earlier today in so G.F.L. rass I scrounged... They go bang, but not in my match ammunition... save for plinkers. </div></div>

+1... They will fire. But I wouldn't use them in my match stuff.

I just picked up 100 rounds of winchester 300 wsm and noticed that the flash holes were off center. WTF! They will probably be used for deer hunting only but is there no quality control?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RebelRouser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up 100 rounds of winchester 300 wsm and noticed that the flash holes were off center. WTF! They will probably be used for deer hunting only but is there no quality control? </div></div>

Next time spend the extra money on Norma, you wont be sorry.

I recently purchased 200 new Winchester cases from Sportsman's Warehouse and about half were very noticeably of center and had a big booger hanging on the inside of the case. SW took them back no questions asked. I am very disappointed in the QC of Win. over the last few years. This is not the first time, they have definitely lowered the bar lately. Also had a couple of cases of low recoil buckshot that were way overpressure (not low recoil!), locking up the actions of several 870s. They had UPS pick them up and replaced them only to tell me they were not defective and that all of the guns must have defective chambers. Have had these 3 870s for years and they have always functioned flawlessly. I kept a couple of rounds back and have always been tempted to have them independently tested to see what was really up. Maybe they have someone smart enough to keep up on the forums that will notice the customers are getting ticked.

Now you guys know how us 7WSM shooters feel. The last bach of Win brass I bought had 5 cases with split necks right out of the bag. I have never bought a bag where every piece was usable.

Sighters/foulers. Marked on the base with magic marker prior to priming.

Another good way to keep them seperate is to use a Sharpie permanent marker and make a ring around the extractor groove. I bought a set of four different colors just for that purpose.