• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Off-Duty Pilot Facing 83 Attempted Murder Charges For Trying to Shut Off Plane Engines Mid-Flight Took Psychedelic Mushrooms

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

npayq4qfiz0.jpg

Joseph David Emerson

Joseph David Emerson, the off-duty pilot who tried to shut off the plane’s engines midflight took psychedelic mushrooms, court documents say.

As previously reported, an Alaska Airlines flight was diverted to Portland Sunday night over a “credible security threat” related to an authorized person in the cockpit.

The airline said the authorized occupant was sitting in the flight deck jump seat.

“On Oct. 22, Alaska Airlines Flight 2059 operated by Horizon Air from Everett, WA (PAE) to San Francisco, CA (SFO) reported a credible security threat related to an authorized occupant in the flight deck jump seat,′ Alaska Airlines said. “The crew secured the aircraft without incident.”

It turns out the man who posed the security threat was an off-duty pilot.

The two pilots in the cockpit immediately jumped into action, neutralized the threat and removed the man from the cockpit.

Emerson, 44, was arrested and charged with attempted murder after he tried to shut off the airplane’s engines mid-flight.

Emerson was charged with 83 counts of attempted murder, 83 counts of reckless endangerment (state charges), and one count of endangering an aircraft (federal charge), NBC News reported.

“The jump seat occupant unsuccessfully attempted to disrupt the operation of the engines,” Alaska Airlines said. “The Horizon Captain and First Officer quickly responded, engine power was not lost and the crew secured the aircraft without incident.”

According to court documents, Emerson told officers he took psychedelic mushrooms and hadn’t slept for 40 hours.

Excerpt from KATU:

The off-duty pilot facing 83 attempted murder charges after he allegedly tried to shut off the engines of a plane mid-flight on Sunday night admitted to taking psychedelic mushrooms, new arrest documents claim.
In the official criminal complaint, Emerson is stated to have been sitting in the cockpit’s jumpseat when, after chatting with pilots for several minutes, suddenly said “I’m not okay,” before pulling the handles of the fire suppression system, which are used to stop engine fires and shut off fuel to the engines.
One of the pilots grabbed Emerson while the other declared an inflight emergency. He initially resisted, but records say he settled down after a roughly 30-second struggle.
The court documents state Emerson wasn’t able to fully pull down the handles and fully shut off the engines. If he had, “then it would have shut down the hydraulics and the fuel to the engines, turning the aircraft into a glider within seconds.”
Witnesses said Emerson peacefully walked to the back of the plane, and once seated in the back he reportedly told a flight attendant “you need to cuff me right now or it’s going to be bad.” They put his wrists in a pair of flex cuffs.
During a police interview, Emerson said he was having “a nervous breakdown,” and hadn’t slept for 40 hours, and felt dehydrated and tired. He admitted to pulling the handles and said he did it because “I thought I was dreaming and I just wanna wake up.”

An off-duty pilot has been charged with 83 counts of attempted murder after allegedly trying to shut off the engines mid-flight while sitting in the cockpit jump seat during an Alaska Airlines flight to San Francisco.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Motherfucker is trying the eons-old defense: "But but I was drunk at the time!"... Guess what, even if that IS the truth, YOU took those mushrooms on your own free will and choice, and right before you knew you would be sitting in an aircraft cockpit full of sensitive equipment, so the consequences are still YOURS, dumbshit... Unless you can PROVE that some insidious party had drugged you without your knowledge, and the act of the poisoning of your food/drink was caught on video and/or seen by verifiable and credible witnesses, those charges are NOT going away. You almost murdered 83 innocent people. Enjoy the iron bar hotel.

Bullshit. Nobody that ever took mushrooms followed it up by staying awake for 40 hours.

I can't imagine anyone taking mushrooms and deciding it was time to kill a bunch of innocent people. It creates the exact opposite effect. I'll bet when the tox screen comes back, it won't be mushrooms, it will be some George Floyd shit.

yet another example of " he was stoned/drunk so isn't responsible". this points out the basic weakness in our jurisprudence system. the perp is rarely/never punished for the actual crime. there are always extenuating circumstances eg his "daddy beat him","he has been discriminated against","he takes good care of his mama" etc. the biggest weakness is that guilt is not really at question. it is which lawyer is smartest. actual commission of the crime is of only minor import.
works the other way too. if you do something the rulers don't like,they are free to declare anything a crime. if you did it,you go down or at least get bankrupted.

His commercial and private pilots licenses need to be revoked immediately and permanently.
He admitted to taking a prohibited substance and being on a prohibited substance while in the cockpit.
If he ever pilots again, commercial or private, and anything happens then the FAA needs to be sued to the hilt for allowing him to remain a licensed pilot.

He looks like Uncle Festus Jr.

His commercial and private pilots licenses need to be revoked immediately and permanently.
He admitted to taking a prohibited substance and being on a prohibited substance while in the cockpit.
If he ever pilots again, commercial or private, and anything happens then the FAA needs to be sued to the hilt for allowing him to remain a licensed pilot.
Small detail but large legal difference. They aren’t licenses. They are certificates.

Bullshit. Nobody that ever took mushrooms followed it up by staying awake for 40 hours.

I can't imagine anyone taking mushrooms and deciding it was time to kill a bunch of innocent people. It creates the exact opposite effect. I'll bet when the tox screen comes back, it won't be mushrooms, it will be some George Floyd shit.
People can have bad trips when ingesting mushrooms...it isn't limited to synthetics.

Reactions: Maggot
Passenger airline pilots wanting another round of CARES to keep their paychecks coming and avoid mass furloughs during the pandemic when passenger volume dropped off a cliff should surprise exactly nobody.

I'm certain there's been a lot of shit talked by FFDOs this week...

Alls well that end well....hashtagMinimumTwoPilotOperations

The rest of his Twitter is kind of boring...just tweeting at democrats begging for money...

View attachment 8256980View attachment 8256981View attachment 8256982

Leftists cock-fag confirmed
View attachment 8256986
So he is in fact mentally unfit.

As for the last tweet... I'm just going to start punching people over the "inciting a riot" nonsense.

We are all accountable for our own actions. I don't care who came on the "stupid box" and told you to do something... Exercise some discernment and don't do dumb shit. Quit blaming public personalities for your complete lack of common sense.

Mike

I'd like to see his social media history and perhaps religious affiliation.

R
Plus browser history.

I’m less suspicious of his religion as I am his other thoughts and happenings in his life. This guy knew exactly what he was doing when trying to commit mass murder-suicide by plane. That isn’t a bad trip, that’s being a sadistic fuck who wants to burn the world with him in it.

“It was the ‘shrooms” is nothing but lawyer prep for the jury trial and the MSM doing the airlines’ and government’s bidding to reassure the people “move along, nothing to see here”.

People can have bad trips when ingesting mushrooms...it isn't limited to synthetics.
People make excuses when they do stupid shit too. I just have a hard time believing any of his version of events. I think it is probably also impossible to test for mushrooms, especially 40+ hours later. They have a very, very short half life, even in heroic doses. He wasn't on "a bad trip" 2 days after ingestion. They average around 6 hours in and out. There may be some circumstances that could double that time, but I doubt it.

also,being heavy under the influence would disrupt his planning and execution. just another psycho who should not have been certed in the 1st place. gives great confidence in gov ability to license,cert or qualify "professionals". doctors come to mind.
i won't start on the argument that any government licensing is useless and corrupt. all should be handled by the private sector.

People make excuses when they do stupid shit too. I just have a hard time believing any of his version of events. I think it is probably also impossible to test for mushrooms, especially 40+ hours later. They have a very, very short half life, even in heroic doses. He wasn't on "a bad trip" 2 days after ingestion. They average around 6 hours in and out. There may be some circumstances that could double that time, but I doubt it.
I am not justifying his actions in any way so don't misinterpret my comment. I was merely pointing out the errors of your statement regarding the efficacy of their use.

Your knowledge of hallucinogenics is based on what? My knowledge is based on first hand. How many you eat, their age, the experience of the grower, and the constitution and physical characteristics of the person taking them relative to absorption define half-life. I have seen people eat the exact same amount of the exact same mushroom react very differently.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I am not justifying his actions in any way so don't misinterpret my comment. I was merely pointing out the errors of your statement regarding the efficacy of their use.

Your knowledge of hallucinogenics is based on what? My knowledge is based on first hand. How many you eat, their age, the experience of the grower, and the constitution and physical characteristics of the person taking them relative to absorption define half-life. I have seen people eat the exact same amount of the exact same mushroom react very differently.
My knowledge is also first hand. Now, with that established, have you ever seen anyone experience the effects of mushrooms beyond 12 hours? I haven't.

I've also never heard of anyone eating mushrooms and staying awake for 2 days. For anyone I've ever known, you're fighting like hell to stay awake to finish your time on them. Once it's over, the exhaustion sets in, and they don't make enough caffeine to keep you awake for the next 8-12 hours. Now, everyone is different, but I just don't believe this guy was effected 40 hours later.

My knowledge is also first hand. Now, with that established, have you ever seen anyone experience the effects of mushrooms beyond 12 hours? I haven't.

I've also never heard of anyone eating mushrooms and staying awake for 2 days. For anyone I've ever known, you're fighting like hell to stay awake to finish your time on them. Once it's over, the exhaustion sets in, and they don't make enough caffeine to keep you awake for the next 8-12 hours. Now, everyone is different, but I just don't believe this guy was effected 40 hours later.
I have seen people have trips so bad that they weren't clear-headed for a while. Was it 40 hours...no. Sometimes it isn't caffeine that keeps you awake...it is anxiety.

It really is irrelevant. Nothing justifies what he did. He was obviously not right in the head.

YOU took those mushrooms on your own free will and choice, and right before you knew you would be sitting in an aircraft cockpit full of sensitive equipment, so the consequences are still YOURS, dumbshit...

I agree with you, but they landed in Portland, OR. That place is not exactly known for holding people accountable for their actions, even at the federal level. And they want to transition eventually to single pilot airplanes……….

• Sad
People with a negative opinion of hallucinogens are programmed to think that way. Look into the creation of lsd. It's not what you think. Then look at the original (pre-prohibition) and modern prevailing research. It isn't what they told you. You've been lied to.

I am just surprised we have so many members who have had trips on mushrooms! There is nothing about a hallucinogenic that appeals to me. It sounds like a bad nightmare.
It's exactly the opposite of what you fear. Look into how they are and have been used to cure ptsd. I said cure.

When was the last time big pharma cured anything. You've been lied to.

People with a negative opinion of hallucinogens are programmed to think that way. Look into the creation of lsd. It's not what you think. Then look at the original (pre-prohibition) and modern prevailing research. It isn't what they told you. You've been lied to.
Remember the old commercial where a bunch of kids are hanging out in the basement and one of them pulls out a joint?

And three seconds after he takes a drag into his mouth he pulls a handgun out from under his chair and BANG.... screen cuts to black?

That's what I thought of when I read this post.

That and the crazy bitch making eggs.

Last edited:
Remember the old commercial where a bunch of kids are hanging out in the basement and one of the pulls out a joint?

And three seconds after he takes a drag into his mouth he pulls a handgun out from under his chair and BANG.... screen cuts to black?

That's what I thought of when I read this post.

That and the crazy bitch making eggs.
Entire generations of Americans were brainwashed into believing that hallucinogenic drugs were going to turn them into Charles Manson.

Meanwhile, nothing could be further from the truth. There probably is almost nothing that is healthier for an intelligent adult human than an annual hit of lsd under the right conditions. It can be life changing. It will make you see straight through your own bullshit, anxiety and armor, and if you have the wherewithal, it is a way to improve your relationships through a kind of insight that isn't possible without it.

It's a gateway drug...you'll do worse after you take them...Oh wait...RATS.

I did a lot of things when I was a teenager that most wouldn't do...I am thankful to be able to say that I have no regrets

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway

Entire generations of Americans were brainwashed into believing that hallucinogenic drugs were going to turn them into Charles Manson.

Meanwhile, nothing could be further from the truth. There probably is almost nothing that is healthier for an intelligent adult human than an annual hit of lsd under the right conditions. It can be life changing. It will make you see straight through your own bullshit, anxiety and armor, and if you have the wherewithal, it is a way to improve your relationships through a kind of insight that isn't possible without it.

I don't know if these were a response to my post:
I am just surprised we have so many members who have had trips on mushrooms! There is nothing about a hallucinogenic that appeals to me. It sounds like a bad nightmare.

But if they were, my lack of attraction to even trying these substances does not come from "programming" or bad TV ads in the 1980s. It comes from others I know who described to me what it was like, and, to me, it sounded like a nightmare, but you can't wake up. It just held zero appeal.

I don't know if these were a response to my post:

But if they were, my lack of attraction to even trying these substances does not come from "programming" or bad TV ads in the 1980s. It comes from others I know who described to me what it was like, and, to me, it sounded like a nightmare, but you can't wake up. It just held zero appeal.
That doesn't sound like anything I or anyone I know has experienced, but everyone is different. I read a story about a reporter who went to a range and shot an ar15, and he described it as a terrible experience with brutal recoil and ptsd inducing sound and flash. Maybe your friends were soft like him. Hard to say really..

That doesn't sound like anything I or anyone I know has experienced, but everyone is different. I read a story about a reporter who went to a range and shot an ar15, and he described it as a terrible experience with brutal recoil and ptsd inducing sound and flash. Maybe your friends were soft like him. Hard to say really..
^This. MP's friends think that Mayo is spicy.

• Haha
It can be life changing. It will make you see straight through your own bullshit, anxiety and armor, and if you have the wherewithal, it is a way to improve your relationships through a kind of insight that isn't possible without it.

Your mileage may vary. While I do believe it has some very useful purposes in controlled environments, it can also be very destructive. I have a family member who has preached micro dosing for years and with stark certainty, it has not in any way way improved his relationships with anyone. In fact it’s pretty much destroyed all of them family wide.

For certain the big pharma has no interest in making any cure for anything; they care about symptom cover ups, big money, and squishing any form of anything natural that could actually heal you that can not be patented. I developed allergies in my 40’s; you should have seen the junk the ENT prescribed that he said I would have to take the rest of my life. Screw that, I went to a DO and took his prescribed naturopathic stuff. He said it would take a while. Took about 6 months and it got rid of 90% of my allergies to this day. Big Pharma will kill you

That being said. Taking mushrooms as a pilot is just plain stupid, but so is voting for Biden and I’m certain he did that too. You can’t fix that, but you can keep him out of the cockpit forever more.

Your mileage may vary. While I do believe it has some very useful purposes in controlled environments, it can also be very destructive. I have a family member who has preached micro dosing for years and with stark certainty, it has not in any way way improved his relationships with anyone. In fact it’s pretty much destroyed all of them family wide.

For certain the big pharma has no interest in making any cure for anything; they care about symptom cover ups, big money, and squishing any form of anything natural that could actually heal you that can not be patented. I developed allergies in my 40’s; you should have seen the junk the ENT prescribed that he said I would have to take the rest of my life. Screw that, I went to a DO and took his prescribed naturopathic stuff. He said it would take a while. Took about 6 months and it got rid of 90% of my allergies to this day. Big Pharma will kill you

That being said. Taking mushrooms as a pilot is just plain stupid, but so is voting for Biden and I’m certain he did that too. You can’t fix that, but you can keep him out of the cockpit forever more.
Definitely, but I'll bet if you're being honest, the micro dosing advocate was 10lbs of smashed asshole in a 5lb box before he started his experiment, and this pilot was suicidal way before this weekend. His mental health problems weren't caused by a mushroom trip, they were exposed by one. It's the introspective quality I spoke about earlier. In both cases they were able to look inside themselves honestly, and what you see is what they found. It doesn't cure people of being a shitty human being.

Reactions: KYAggie
Definitely, but I'll bet if you're being honest, the micro dosing advocate was 10lbs of smashed asshole in a 5lb box before he started his experiment, and this pilot was suicidal way before this weekend. His mental health problems weren't caused by a mushroom trip, they were exposed by one. It's the introspective quality I spoke about earlier. In both cases they were able to look inside themselves honestly, and what you see is what they found. It doesn't cure people of being a shitty human being.

No, he wasn’t an asshole when he started his ride; he was actually very pleasant to be around in most any situation. He was dealing with mental health issues that had not yet been revealed to anyone and that have been been since then cared for in the most unhelpful of ways by the psychiatric nut jobs much in the way the medical establishment these days “cares” for people with big pharma……..by not addressing the root cause of the problem. Couple that with lsd and mushrooms and the result is very sad.

i must say,IMHO,that lsd is not a good thing. it is an unstable molecule,very heat sensitive and needs exact storage conditions. people in the 60s would "cook it up in the bathtub". then they might bring it to wherever in the trunk in june. all the casual dealers claimed to have real "sandoz" acid. none did. never knew what was really being taken or sold. declined same. i felt/feel that mushrooms or cactus are the way to go. ie if grown by knowledgeable people under the correct conditions. peyote been used by amerinds many years with no downsides (except vomitting like mofu). mushrooms same in use around the world by several cultures. "natural" is better in this setting. same with MJ and hash. i do read that modern MJ strains are different than in the past and possibly more harmful. don't know been out of that scene for 40 years. no way should those 4,at least, be subject to felony arrests. like ALL gov drug control is a total control issue.

not the right thread,but i gotta say all this hysteria over fentanyl is more gov control bull shit. 100,000 dead? if so,who cares? nobody held a gun to their head forcing use. don't snort,swallow or inject it and it won't kill you. a result of voluntary stupidity like a lot of things.
the gov has had WAY too much control of opiates for WAY too long. they now have and seek more control over our pain management,just like rest of medical care. they keep gaining same and we are again truly fucked.

No, he wasn’t an asshole when he started his ride; he was actually very pleasant to be around in most any situation. He was dealing with mental health issues that had not yet been revealed to anyone and that have been been since then cared for in the most unhelpful of ways by the psychiatric nut jobs much in the way the medical establishment these days “cares” for people with big pharma……..by not addressing the root cause of the problem. Couple that with lsd and mushrooms and the result is very sad.
My assholes overloaded in the box wasn't intended to call him an asshole. That analogy is meant to mean that he's just a wreck of a human, not a statement about his temperament necessarily. More in line with a soup sandwich.

Last edited:
Reactions: KYAggie