• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Off the wall Japanese Iced Coffee Question

match-grade

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2006
Knoxville, TN
When I was stationed in Okinawa, our barracks had these really cool vending machines. Inside these machines was a type of canned iced coffee that I replaced half of my blood with while over there. I was sucking down like 4 or 5 of these cans a day! Well, I want some more, but cannot remember the name to try and find it online. I believe it was licensed by Coke in Japan. If any of you jarheads in Okinawa can snap a picture of a vending machine and send it to me, that would be freaking awesome! And, The Wife will thank you too, as she is sick of me going on and on about it.

Oh, and yes I am a coffee whore. I actually prefer coffee over beer!

Re: Off the wall Japanese Iced Coffee Question

I think the brand you're looking for is Georgia. Off the top of my head, there are several OEMs:

BOSS
Fire
Wonda
Roots
Black Gold

I can't remember the other brands. That's the best I can do off the top of my head.

Re: Off the wall Japanese Iced Coffee Question

What you are looking for is:

Pokka
Vivo
UCC

which came in the Japanese Coke styled thin cans. We also used to replace our blood with the cans of Schlitz Malt Liquor(The Bull), and the crap Bud or Oly if the Bull was NIS

Futenma MCAS was fun, but not nearly as fun as Koza's clubs or this little place in Naha called 'The Stage', heh heh heh, that freakin place off the chain!