• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Off the Wall Q?

WillAdams

Sergeant
Minuteman
Friend of mine asked me if having a black powder (Ball & cap) revolver coated in NP#3(ROBAR Finish) was a good idea ? Have no info/history to pass on so I thought to present it here.
It's not a SS Ruger Old Army so I can't suggest just cleaning in hot soapy water. Anyone familiar with b&c revolvers & the cleaning of such ?
Thanks

Re: Off the Wall Q?

Maybe the guys over at the Vintage Rifle thread will know something about it... I think the guys who shoot black powder rifles over there might know more.

As long as value isn't a concern I dont see the issue. It may clean up easier and protect better. Although it would definitely look QUITE different than your standard variety c an b revolver.

With the new generation of black powder substitutes that don't rust the steel like the original did or leave the caked on residue, whatever coating he wants to use should be okay. Cleaning is so much simpler. If he wants to use real black powder, I'd recommend the hard chrome. Soap and water clean up and a hair dryer to take care of the water. JMHO