• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Office chair suggestions

timesublime

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2010
Colorado
I have been notified that we are going to have to work from home for the foreseeable future. Looking for recommendations for an ergonomic chair. My current setup will not work for 8+ hours of sitting.

1584549305229.png

Steel case leap chair. Had mine more than 10 years. Still like new.

How vital it is now in a pandemic. I went crazy because my company switched to remote work, and in my house, nothing was equipped for an 8-hour working day.

I have a Steel Case Leap V.2. I have had a bad back since the age of 25 (I'll be 65 next month). This chair is fantastic, very adjustable, not soft like so many others. I went through many less expensive chairs that started off OK but deteriorated in support quickly. I've had the Leap approx. 6 months with no dropoff in comfort/support. Just takes a liitle fiddling to get it adjusted just right. Highly recommended!!!

Joined 9 minutes ago.
Necromancer
I almost wish there was a Hide HR department that would take the new folks through an orientation... don't pick your nose, don't poke the bear, if you see anything from @lowlight be sure and dispute it because you know better, do not take shit from anyone in the 'Pit', and most importantly... reincarnate dead posts.

You're working from home and you're gonna use an office chair.... thats a sucker move. But a massage recliner and write that shit off as a buisness expense... 86" tv as a monitor works well too.

View attachment 7275860

Steel case leap chair. Had mine more than 10 years. Still like new.
That's the one I have. As far as office chairs it's the best I've had. I bought it myself. Every once in a while I wish I'd gotten a Gesture. I think I paid 1200 for mine. Worth it. Had mine with their "pleather" or whatever the call it. Slightly lighter than navy blue to distinguish it from all the other chairs in office. Now it sits at home...where my office has been for 15 months...and not complaining!!

Here's the Gesture:

I've had one for over 20 years and its still in great shape

I do have an older Steel Case drafting chair at my benches and they are bullet proof. Heavy as fuck, but bullet proof. Also, very expensive.

Another steelcase fan. I have one of the older plastic back with the mesh seat at the office at the house, and the fabric padded seat and back at the office. I spend way more time in the one at the house and like it way better than the fabric padded one.

How vital it is now in a pandemic. I went crazy because my company switched to remote work, and in my house, nothing was equipped for an 8-hour working day. How hard it was to find suitable furniture that was comfortable enough to work for so long. I found a site https://www.gardenfurniture.co.uk where you can buy everything you need at a very reasonable price and, besides, very high-quality furniture. So I advise you not to skimp on your comfort, as with the wrong furniture, you can ruin your back and legs. Good luck with your home workspace, and I hope the pandemic will be over soon.