• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Here it is, your first look at the Accuracy International AT Rifle

<!--[if IE]><object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-a46af3d2" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

<object id="viddlerInner-a46af3d2"><video id="viddlerVideo-a46af3d2" src="//www.viddler.com/file/a46af3d2/html5mobile?openURL=108686640" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/a46af3d2/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-a46af3d2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/simple/a46af3d2/">

<object id="viddlerInner-a46af3d2"> <video id="viddlerVideo-a46af3d2" src="//www.viddler.com/file/a46af3d2/html5mobile?openURL=108686640" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/a46af3d2/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

Accuracy International[SUP]®[/SUP] AnnouncesNew Model AT Series Rifles for 2014

January 14, 2014
    Portsmouth UK- Accuracy International (AI) is introducing an exciting new model to the companies unmatched line of battle proven sniper rifles, the AT rifle system. The AT is a culmination of ideas and requests from the law enforcement community and civilian tactical shooters for a tactical rifle system delivering leading edge capability and unmatched value. The AT provides the end user with the latest in AI’s long line of battle proven features and adheres to AI’s long standing dedication to accuracy, reliability, ruggedness and quality.
    The AT rifle series incorporates the proven Accuracy International flat bottomed, precision machined action that is epoxy bonded and bolted to a chassis that has been evolved in theatres of war and competition ranges. Standing on the shoulders of giants, the AT incorporates the best features of the AW and AE models to set a new standard of expectation for precision tactical rifles. The AT is a configurable, mission adaptable, long-range tactical rifle system offered in 308/7.62 NATO.
    The base model AT is priced at $3,550/£2,366 (taxes not included) with the following standard features and available options.
    Proofed steel action featuring AI’s patent pending Quickloc quick release barrel system.20 MOA STANAG 4694/Mil Std 1913 action rail.Quickloc match grade 24” stainless steel barrel.6 lug, 60 degree bolt with AI combat proven leaf spring extractor.3-position safety.AI’s world renowned two stage trigger. Fixed stock with adjustable cheek piece and length of pull.Configurable pistol grip.Detachable AI 10-round double stack magazine is compact, reliable and can also be loaded though the rifle ejection port.Available in black, green or pale brown stock-sides and black metalwork.
    Options and Accessories include:

Folding stock using AI’s battle proven hinge system.20”, 24” and 26” Quickloc match grade barrels, plain or threaded for muzzle brakes and suppressors.Standard or tactical threaded muzzle brake to fit AI suppressor.Night vision mount with STANAG 4694/Mil Std 1913 rail.Side mounted STANAG 4694/Mil Std 1913 accessory rails using AI’s patent pending KeySlot™ accessory mounting system.Thumbhole stock-sides.Bipod and a rear butt spike (available mid year 2014).
    Accuracy International, Ltd is widely regarded as the manufacturer of the world’s best sniper rifle systems. Headquartered in Portsmouth UK for over 30 years, Accuracy International has designed, tested, manufactured, and supported precision rifles and accessories for the most demanding special operations units and competitive shooters in the world, utilizing proven world class manufacturing principles. Accuracy International rifle systems are in use in the UK, US and over 60 countries internationally.
    For Further information contact:

Accuracy International Ltd: [email protected]
    Accuracy International of North America, Inc: [email protected]
    Visit us on the web at: www.accuracyinternational.com

So basically the AT is an AW with a quick change barrel for 3,500 bucks. That's outstanding. No wonder everyone is trying to give away all the old AWs.

Very nice + the quick change barrel is outstanding. Shit, looks like I'll be adding another AI to the collection.

AvsFan:)

Lowlight do you know, or can you say, if the AT will be available in a long action version?

Thanks for the first look.

Justin

Hmmm I smell some cheap aw's.... Can't wait to pick up a used aw for cheap from somebody!

honestly at the price point these are at there might be a serious shortage of the at availability for awhile. The combo of refined trigger, barrel change system, key mod..... Wow a whole lot of upgrades and they lowered the price!!!

Kudos oa to ai for upgrading and substantially lowering the price all at the same time!

OK, that's worth an extra month in Afghanistan for...

I would like to know the potential for interchangeable bolt heads on either the AX or the AT series.

This looks like a very nice platform for the Rem 260. May need to eventually pick up one of these to keep my 2 DTAs company. Thanks for the great review. look forward to seeing one of these in person.

Sold my AE MKII to get a DTA which I also sold because I couldn't get comfy with the bullpup design. Looks like I'll be able to get my switch barrel capability in a AI design which in my opinion is perfection! Good job AI team.

Not sure if I missed it, but since this uses the AW 10-round mag, uses the AW square/slab side style receiver (and not the round AE) that the action is "permanently" bonded to the chassis like the AW?

[MENTION=96845]dms16[/MENTION]

It says this in the above specs:
    "The AT rifle series incorporates the proven Accuracy International flat bottomed, precision machined action that is epoxy bonded and bolted to a chassis that has been evolved in theatres of war "

Not sure if I missed it, but since this uses the AW 10-round mag, uses the AW square/slab side style receiver (and not the round AE) that the action is "permanently" bonded to the chassis like the AW?
    Says in the description "The AT rifle series incorporates the proven Accuracy International flat bottomed, precision machined action that is epoxy bonded and bolted to a chassis that has been evolved in theatres of war and competition ranges."

Awesome. I really hope they offer this in a fully FDE model like the PSR is, FDE barreled action, skins, and FDE anodizing on the chassis.

Hopefully theyll build a lefty for the same price. I wanted one of the lefty AWs they had available a while back, but the price was way out of reach. For $3500, Id sell every bolt gun I own and get this and extra barrels to replace them.

This gun is pretty awesome.

When it says it takes double-stack AI mags, I wonder, are they AW mags, AX mags, or both? Any idea what the weight is?

After seeing the new AX's and seeing I'll finally be able to get the 300 I've been lusting for and in a PSR without the extras non the less, and then this... It's going to be weeks before the swelling in my pants goes away.

The quick lock is cool I guess but it was never really difficult to change barrels to begin with. I'm curious how much replacement barrels are going to cost now.

Holy cow! An AW action for $3550?! Sign me up!!!

I'm wondering if that price is ready-to-shoot, or if it represents a base price for the action/chassis (recall that a vendor posted an outline of the AT optioning structure, and it appears as if this rifle will be more of an "a al carte" ordering process where the barrel and skins are spec'd separately).

The AI rifles were always switch barrel guns, for about $200 in tools a user could change barrels in the guns pretty quickly with repeatable POI. I bought a bunch of barrels for my AX. When they burn out I can just order another and spin it on. Or change calibers or buy used barrels from other owners.

I'm wondering if that price is ready-to-shoot, or if it represents a base price for the action/chassis (recall that a vendor posted an outline of the AT optioning structure, and it appears as if this rifle will be more of an "a al carte" ordering process where the barrel and skins are spec'd separately).

Agree... Knowing AI, a .260 folder with some of those fancy rail options will probably be significantly more than $3550, BUT still much cheaper than an AW! If I can get my hands on a "basic" version of one of these for under $4k, I'm sold.

I don't know this first hand, but knowing AI I would bet that you will be able to use your old ae/aw/ax barrels in the new at also. just by looking at it quickly in the video the thread style looks the same.

For of us still holding AWs - hope you like them, as their value just took a serious hit.

Many cool features, (potentially) great pricing on the AT.

I don't know this first hand, but knowing AI I would bet that you will be able to use your old ae/aw/ax barrels in the new at also. just by looking at it quickly in the video the thread style looks the same.

Your probably wrong. They used a very funky barrel profile for the PSR......and these are all based on the lockup of the PSR.

I'm liking the new AT set up. As usual for new'ish things, especially from AI as I have a soft spot for them it's causing some very serious consideration and inner conflict. I'm all ready to snatch up a new GAP HRT rifle my wife spotted on a gun rack at a shop while on a road trip last week. The price is border line to good to pass up so here I am, grab the GAP for my wife or hang tight a little bit and buy the AT. She likes the McM A5 as much as the AI chassis so that's not an issue, price for either isn't an issue, but I'm only going to buy one.......... Might be time to flip a quarter, can't go wrong with either though.

I am not buying the $3550 "base" price, has to be some sort of a catch like its for action/chassis only. Why the hell would AI destroy the market on their older AW's. If the AT comes in around $4000 ready to go that would be GREAT. I have been shooting m mark3 ae and my AW sidebyside and they are nearly the same, didnt make sense why the AW was 2ce the loot. The quicklock is cool but not really needed for 90% of people, anyone with basic tools can change the barrel in minutes on older guns.

Also - AT's are SA only right? So if one takes the grammatical construction of the AXMC document at face value - the only way to get an AI LA Mag is to buy a bundled kit with both the .300WM and .338 barrels and bolts.

I have to believe that I am missing something - there must be a way to buy a stand alone AI LA Mag caliber.

Looks like I've found my next rifle. I have been waiting for a switch barrel short action so i could move from 308 to 260 easily.

I am not buying the $3550 "base" price, has to be some sort of a catch like its for action/chassis only. Why the hell would AI destroy the market on their older AW's. If the AT comes in around $4000 ready to go that would be GREAT. I have been shooting m mark3 ae and my AW sidebyside and they are nearly the same, didnt make sense why the AW was 2ce the loot. The quicklock is cool but not really needed for 90% of people, anyone with basic tools can change the barrel in minutes on older guns.

Read the press release. It specifically states it comes with a barrel. The 3550 is going to be a plain non-folder with no threaded muzzle, no extra rails (although it states the action rail is standard) and no butt spike. I'd expect the folder to come in around 4000 and the butt spike to add around $300 or $350. Essentially these are the same prices as the outgoing AE. I wonder how many shops here in the US will offer prefit barrels.

We now have current pricing on the new 2014 Rifles from AI. Please go to Accuracy International - AI Rifle Systems - 2014 Accuracy International Rifles - Mile High Shooting Accessories

Note there was a release showing the base price for the AT at $3550.00. That is an incorrect price. The base price for the AT’s is $3823.00 for a plain barrel system. Folding stocks are available for an additional $422.00

We will continue to offer Snipers Hide Members an additional 5% off of AI’s list price. Please call for details on all of AI’s new rifle systems!

The AT sounds like a nice generational leap over the AE. I was all set to buy a discounted AE until I saw this thread. I'm curious to see what real difference there is between the new Pale Brown over the outgoing FDE. Not likely a dramatic change, to be sure.

Pre-fit aftermarket barrels sound interesting. A fast twist 20" .338 Federal would be interesting.

I'm sort of gurgling with lust right now so forgive me if I misunderstood, but in the video Frank did say that the action is an AW... right? If that is the case I think I may have found a way to squander some more money very soon.

Mmmmm, this looks more attainable than the AXMC pricewise and still a lot of bang for the buck. So the threaded switchbarrel adds a bit more but that's the one to get. I'm wondering how much an alternate caliber barrel will run. My dreaming of a DTA has taken an about face.

The AI rifles were always switch barrel guns, for about $200 in tools a user could change barrels in the guns pretty quickly with repeatable POI. I bought a bunch of barrels for my AX. When they burn out I can just order another and spin it on. Or change calibers or buy used barrels from other owners.

I think most of us know that. In reality a lot of rifles can be switch barrel rifles. Alas not with the ease of this quick switch barrel system ie. loosening a screw and removing the barrel. Versus a full vise grip, work bench, tools. I'm figuring that takes anywhere from a 1/2 hour up and can't be done on the fly.

We now have current pricing on the new 2014 Rifles from AI. Please go to Accuracy International - AI Rifle Systems - 2014 Accuracy International Rifles - Mile High Shooting Accessories

Note there was a release showing the base price for the AT at $3550.00. That is an incorrect price. The base price for the AT’s is $3823.00 for a plain barrel system. Folding stocks are available for an additional $422.00

We will continue to offer Snipers Hide Members an additional 5% off of AI’s list price. Please call for details on all of AI’s new rifle systems!

Anything on the twist rate of the barrels in .308?