• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official First Look at the Accuracy International, AX308MC

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Here it is, the Accuracy International, Short Action, 308 AX Rifle,

<!--[if IE]><object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-67e7ea65" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/simple/67e7ea65/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=64731952&autoplay=f&loop=0&nologo=0&hd=1"><object id="viddlerInner-67e7ea65"><video id="viddlerVideo-67e7ea65" src="//www.viddler.com/file/67e7ea65/html5mobile?openURL=64731952" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/67e7ea65/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-67e7ea65" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/simple/67e7ea65/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/simple/67e7ea65/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=64731952&autoplay=f&loop=0&nologo=0&hd=1"><object id="viddlerInner-67e7ea65"> <video id="viddlerVideo-67e7ea65" src="//www.viddler.com/file/67e7ea65/html5mobile?openURL=64731952" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/67e7ea65/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

Accuracy International[SUP]®[/SUP] AnnouncesNew Model AX Series Rifles for 2014

January 14, 2014
    Portsmouth UK- Accuracy International (AI) is pleased to announce the latest addition to a long line of combat proven sniper rifles, the 2014 AXMC rifle system and AX308. The AXMC (AX Multi Calibre) advanced technology weapon system provides military, law enforcement and civilian shooters the latest in AI’s long line of battle proven features: accuracy, reliability, ruggedness and unrelenting quality.
    At the core of the AXMC series of rifles is the combat proven Accuracy International machined solid steel, flat bottomed action, epoxy bonded and bolted to a combat tested AI chassis. The AXMC is a user configurable, mission adaptable, long range sniper system available in 308/7.62 NATO, 300 Winchester® Magnum and 338 Lapua® Magnum. A stand-alone AX308 is available in 308/7.62 NATO. The latest performance enhancing features include:
    Proofed steel action featuring AI’s patent pending Quickloc quick release barrel system and 20 or 30 MOA STANAG 4694/Mil Std 1913 action rail.Quickloc match grade, stainless steel barrel.Muzzle brake.6 lug, 60 degree bolt with AI combat proven leaf spring extractor.3 position safety.AI’s world renowned two stage trigger. Right folding stock with adjustable cheek piece and length of pull.AI’s patent pending KeySlot™ accessory mounting system with full length top rail to match the action rail and three accessory side rails (1 x 140mm plain, 2 x 80mm flush cup).Configurable pistol grip.Side cut away magazine well for smooth, rapid magazine changes.Detachable AI 10-round double stack magazines; compact, reliable and can be loaded though the rifle ejection port.The AXMC is available in black or green stock sides with black metalwork or pale brown stock-sides and metalwork.

Accuracy International, Ltd is widely regarded as the manufacturer of the world’s best sniper rifle systems. Headquartered in Portsmouth UK for over 30 years, Accuracy International has designed, tested, manufactured, and supported precision rifles and accessories for the most demanding special operations units and competitive shooters in the world, utilizing proven world class manufacturing principles. Accuracy International rifle systems are in use in the UK, US and over 60 countries internationally.
    For Further information contact:

Accuracy International Ltd: [email protected]
    Accuracy International of North America, Inc: [email protected]
    Visit us on the web at: www.accuracyinternational.com

That is about what I expected, very cool. I love the new rear half right fold! On the bolt are they using 2 rows of 3 for the lug configuration? My only concern is with the "quick lock" and galling over time. What is the recommended torque setting for the quick lock? If it is low enough I suppose galling would not be a problem. It looks like good upgrades over the product range over all, however I don't see me selling my AW to get an AT or AX with a .473" bolt face any time soon.

Last edited:
    No mention of msrp pricing for the new AX's? I saw it for the AT line but nothing in any of the AX releases.

Man, both of the new models look great! Im also curious on the MSRP of the new AXMC?

Frank, thanks for the videos, really great to see the new stuff with a quality review.

That is about what I expected, very cool. I love the new rear half right fold! On the bolt are they using 2 rows of 3 for the lug configuration? My only concern is with the "quick lock" and galling over time. What is the recommended torque setting for the quick lock? If it is low enough I suppose galling would not be a problem. It looks like good upgrades over the product range over all, however I don't see me selling my AW to get an AT or AX with a .473" bolt face any time soon.

The OLD 90's era AT had the 2 rows of 3 for the lug configuration.......both of mine combined probably had upwards of 80k rounds between the two of them....and the lugs as good as the day they were made.

I like it, a lot! I assume like the long action, the barrels will not be interchangeable with the old AW/AX barrels?

Also, is there a butt spike option, and if so, what does it look like? Or is it only the pic rail for a monopod? I much prefer the AI spike to a folding Accu Shot.

I like it, a lot! I assume like the long action, the barrels will not be interchangeable with the old AW/AX barrels?

Also, is there a butt spike option, and if so, what does it look like? Or is it only the pic rail for a monopod? I much prefer the AI spike to a folding Accu Shot.

I think the last gen AX338 barrels will work in this gen (30mm tenon and I doubt they'd change headspace).

I really cant tell on the 308 barrels. In this vid he shows a close up of the action/barrel but in reality its the 338 action/barrel he's showing. When i saw that I initially thought 30mm tenon due to barrel profile, but im not so sure anymore. Upon further review it appears the 308 bolt head is not changeable (initially I thought it was due to video misrepresentation) so im not sure they had a reason to stick with such a massive thread in the small action always requiring a huge barrel profile at breech end. However, if they didnt use 30mm on both then you cant take a 308 barrel and throw it on the 338 with a bolt head change and be up and shooting 308 on your AX338, which would mean AI would have more inventory items if their intention is for the 338 to be user changeable from 308 to 338. Hard to tell what their intention is, but I'd like to know the answer to this. I'd especially like to know if somehow the 308 bolt head is user changeable, which would just be the cat's ass running a short action magnum.

Ohhh, I'm seeing a black AX308MC in my future. Hopefully sooner than later.

Also curious about butt spike? I see it mentioned on the AT, hopefully there will be one for the AX too. Something similar to Sako's TRG monopod.

The Quickloc is IMHO very smart. No need for barrel extensions or, worst case scenario, only factory supplied barrels. You can just buy a barrel blank from whomever manufacturer you like, take it to a gunsmith and have him chamber it for your liking.

Good morning everyone. Just over 90 mins to the start of Shot Show and I am really looking forward to it
    The new AX is priced around the same as the AX it replaces
    Tom Irwin
    Accuracy International
    Can you tell us if the AW barrels are compatible with the new quick lock system?

Bad News - I want one but the wife will not allow it, no chance in hell

Good News - Hundreds of thousands of other men want this as well so AW's and all other older models will be up for sale at great prices

What I would be interested in is the pricing on a full up kit
    The AXMC with all 3 barrels & 3 complete bolts (so there is none of this messing around changing out bolt heads) & a set of 5 magazines for each caliber (that needs different magazines).

The biggest improvement for me over the AW & AX that I have with the new style one is that the stock folds to cover the bolt handle, because if you fold up the AW or AX ones & put them in a biathlon sling, you have to deal with either the bolt getting you in the rear, or the thick part of the folded stock against you & changing the mount point for the sling.

So... Are the caliber choices alacarte? For instance if one wanted a .300WM they are simplely buying the AXMC in .300WM only - is that correct?

I'm really digging this new AX, if I was in the market for another short action I would jump all over this!

What I would be interested in is the pricing on a full up kit
    The AXMC with all 3 barrels & 3 complete bolts (so there is none of this messing around changing out bolt heads) & a set of 5 magazines for each caliber (that needs different magazines).

The biggest improvement for me over the AW & AX that I have with the new style one is that the stock folds to cover the bolt handle, because if you fold up the AW or AX ones & put them in a biathlon sling, you have to deal with either the bolt getting you in the rear, or the thick part of the folded stock against you & changing the mount point for the sling.

LOL its called the PSR...you can order it now :) for 17k.

No,you just need a long action and you could put .338 lap,300wm,etc.

Not sure i am tracking - I am asking does one have to buy a kit (PSR style) or can they buy it with one caliber only?

From the press release it (grammatically) infers that only the .308 is a standalone product, while the LA Mag options come bundled as a kit. Thereby significantly upping the cost and making it the only way to get an AI LA Mag. Hence my question.

Last edited:
    I have just read the spec sheet in AI's website. The AXMC pretty much is the PSR. With a stand alone AX.308 still available. However I have seen no literature reporting on any update to the AX.308 will it have the right folding updated stock and quick lock system? That's all I am interested in.

The quick change barrel thing makes me think... think about selling off my individual rifles and just getting this with different barrel lengths and calibers. Tempting...

The quick change barrel thing makes me think... think about selling off my individual rifles and just getting this with different barrel lengths and calibers. Tempting...

I agree 100%. It probably wouldn't save me money initially, but down the road it may. I could have one match barrel, a practice barrel, a .308 for practice....if only they would make a .223 bolt I'd order it tomorrow.

I still may ditch my AX 260, my Remington .308 and a Remington custom 7mm to do it. It would be nice to be able to shoot all the cartridges I like in a single awesome platform and with my best scope. Tempting indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100%. It probably wouldn't save me money initially, but down the road it may. I could have one match barrel, a practice barrel, a .308 for practice....if only they would make a .223 bolt I'd order it tomorrow.

I still may ditch my AX 260, my Remington .308 and a Remington custom 7mm to do it. It would be nice to be able to shoot all the cartridges I like in a single awesome platform and with my best scope. Tempting indeed.

The one scope for everything is a big cost savings and selling point to me. Scoping different rifles seriously adds to their cost.

It would be nice to be able to shoot all the cartridges I like in a single awesome platform and with my best scope. Tempting indeed.

This is my thinking as well. You can easily change barrels/calibers in the field in just a couple of minutes. I watched Scott do this at Allegheny with a PSR and it got the gears in my head turning.

We now have current pricing on the new 2014 Rifles from AI. Please go to Accuracy International - AI Rifle Systems - 2014 Accuracy International Rifles - Mile High Shooting Accessories

Note there was a release showing the base price for the AT at $3550.00. That is an incorrect price. The base price for the AT’s is $3823.00 for a plain barrel system. Folding stocks are available for an additional $422.00

We will continue to offer Snipers Hide Members an additional 5% off of AI’s list price. Please call for details on all of AI’s new rifle systems!

We now have current pricing on the new 2014 Rifles from AI. Please go to Accuracy International - AI Rifle Systems - 2014 Accuracy International Rifles - Mile High Shooting Accessories

Note there was a release showing the base price for the AT at $3550.00. That is an incorrect price. The base price for the AT’s is $3823.00 for a plain barrel system. Folding stocks are available for an additional $422.00

We will continue to offer Snipers Hide Members an additional 5% off of AI’s list price. Please call for details on all of AI’s new rifle systems!

Any idea on availability timeframe?

If they sell a magnum bolt face head for the 6 lug action I could likely convert an existing AX to run 6.5 Saum with changes only taking about 20 minutes.

All I want to know is will they offer a short action magnum bolt!!!! The 6 lug breach ring shouldn't be an issue to change out.

Same thoughts here... 260 rem barrel, one for comp, one for practice, a 308 barrel for kicks and one high dollar scope... basically can sell off 2 rifles and 2 scopes.. that would bring the funds to pay for this bad boy.

CA sales tax kills me though... i loathe paying it for something like this. :(

So Dave, no butt spike option on the AX models?

AI is stating in it's new product accessory page that a Butt Spike will be available for the AX, however we don't see it yet in their new pricing guide...

On the new AX, there is a pic rail under the rear grip, ie 80mm rail, which we believe will take a variety of monopods or buttspike type assemblies. Just can't determine an AI part no. as of yet....