• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Official Ice Fishing Thread

PinesAndProjectiles

Formerly MinnesotaMulisha
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2013
    Solid Ground
    I don’t see many people posting about catching fish through the ice. I can’t be the only one.

Hit the lake today and iced a few crappies. Nothing big, but I ain’t keeping anything anyways.

Did manage to catch this beast on a tip up.

3A16FD46-2E80-45A8-B799-B9C173F7BEF2.jpeg

Havent made it out since after Thanksgiving. All my go to lakes in northern MN for ice fishing have 6 to 8 inches of slush on them. NOT risking my truck, and no tracked vehicles in my stable. Also being a dance dad makes time off for ice fishing damn hard to come by. Hopefully some late season, warmer weather, panfish slaying is in my future.

Heading out in the morning good ice in ohio we get that about every 5 years ,enjoy your kids when their young ,my 2 girls are 27 and 34 now ,how life goes by in a hurry!

Reactions: Spring1A
    We know what you are really doing out there. Just listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about.

Just saw this thread, been pulling bluegill through the ice since Jan 23rd. A long stretch for se indiana.

Got back from catching crappie on lake Kissimmee in Florida on the 22nd in 70 degree temps to gills in 20 degrees the next day.

Would rather eat the fish out of the ice!

That is quite the gut on that fish! How big is it? Congrats!
    26" and a smidge over 6.5lbs. Not a proud angler....but it was awesome. I've lost 2 others this season almost if not as big.

Surprisingly we've had no good perch trips unlike last year. Shit has been kinda slow.

Out of 15 or trips out...I've limited out only once on walleyes and nothing else.

26" and a smidge over 6.5lbs. Not a proud angler....but it was awesome. I've lost 2 others this season almost if not as big.

Surprisingly we've had no good perch trips unlike last year. Shit has been kinda slow.

Out of 15 or trips out...I've limited out only once on walleyes and nothing else.

We killed it on Thanksgiving weekend, that was fun. Been slow ever since.

Been to Leech, Red, Mille Lacs, Vermillion. and I’ve actually had much better luck on a local lake.

I don't fish through the ice because I hate the cold, and it's uncomfortable for me to fish this way. I don't enjoy it, but I am sincerely glad for those who can catch something in these weather conditions and share photos of their catches. It really impresses me! Also, because of work this year, I did not go out of town at all and did not fish; therefore, when I take a vacation next year, I will first go fishing with friends. Especially since I decided to try bowfishing, which many people talk about on the Internet. And so I found an article on Bow Archery about what kind of light you need to buy to see something in muddy water.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Longshot231
    I picked up a Strikemaster 24v Lithium with the 8" lite flight auger for this winter. I'm pumped for the cold to set in!

Reactions: Spring1A