• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Official NF 2014 Press Release, New Product Announcement

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    January 2014/For immediate release

Nightforce announces new products for 2014

Nightforce Optics, manufacturer of precision optics for precision shooting, is excited to announce the company’s new items for 2014.
    4-14 x 56 SHV™
    The all-new 4-14 x 56 SHV™, the most affordable Nightforce riflescope to date, is making renowned Nightforce performance and quality available to a broader audience of demanding shooters and hunters. The “SHV” designation of the 4-14 x 56 SHV™ stands for ShooterHunterVarminter™, an indication of the versatility of the new riflescope. It provides reliable, multi-situation service to law enforcement personnel; extended-range capability to any shooter; a magnification range ideal for almost any environment the hunter might encounter; and outstanding precision to varmint and predator hunters.
    Updated 15-55 x 52 Competition™
    For 2014, the 15-55 x 52 Competition™ riflescope receives several updates to enhance its long-range shooting performance. Elevation adjustments receive the Hi-Speed™ treatment, resulting in 10 MOA per revolution with .125 MOA click values. Also, Nightforce patented ZeroStop™ will be standard. Windage adjustments are now easier to see, and changes are easier to track, made possible by the two boldly engraved windage caps included with every Competition™. The Competition™ is available with four new reticles: the CTR-2™, CTR-3™, DDR-2™ and FCR-1™. The FCR-1™ reticle was designed with input from the U.S. F-T/R F-class team, winners of the 2013 World Championships.
    MOAR-T™ Reticle
    Also new for 2014 is the MOAR-T™ reticle, a variation of our best-selling MOAR™ design. The MOAR™ was originally designed for field and hunting use, but extreme long-range shooters and those seeking the utmost in precision have requested the same reticle with a finer line subtension. Nightforce has given the MOAR-T™ the same spacing and reticle attributes, but with .0625 MOA line thickness. The MOAR-T™ is initially available in the NXS™ 22x and 32x models.
    Clamp-on PTL™
    The remarkably convenient Power Throw Lever (PTL™) has been universally praised since being offered as a standard feature of the NXS™ Compact riflescope. Nightforce is now offering a clamp-on PTL™ that fits NXS ™ 15x, 22x, 32 and 42x riflescopes. This PTL™ allows instant magnification changes, even while wearing gloves.

For more information, visit www.NightforceOptics.com or call 208.476.9814.

Images Competition34view_LoRes.jpgCompetitionSideViewLoRes.jpgCompWindageDial_LoRes.jpgSHV4_14x56_34view_IllumLoRes.jpgSHV4_14x56_34view_nonillumLoRes.jpg

They are touting the "Price" portion of SHV pretty hard, but I haven't seen what it is yet. Anybody have this info?

You won't see another FFP from NF for at least another year, it's not their thing. They are big into the SFP.

The Beast isn't even rolling yet, (soon) so, there is no way they will step on that for some time.

What is your Point ?

I paid $2450 for my first S&B 5-25x...

The US dollar isn't worth as much as it once was...

Besides you could sell that SB for more than you payed for it, try that with an NSX years from now.

You won't see another FFP from NF for at least another year, it's not their thing. They are big into the SFP.

The Beast isn't even rolling yet, (soon) so, there is no way they will step on that for some time.

Any chance in hell of seeing Beasts before shotshow?

Their press release makes me immediately recall the title of William's great play "Much Ado About Nothing".

LL, please use your clout to push for a 3-18x FFP in the future ;) Can you comment on the turrets for the SHV, they don't look like they have calibrated markings on them, are they just turret covers and are screwdriver adj, do they lock by pushing down/pulling up on them, what's the deal with them? And what is turret on the left-hand side, it looks like it has parallax and the new style dial illum on the same turret?

And damnit, I've been complaining that the MOAR was too thick on the compacts for a while now, if only they had changed to the MOAR-T beforehand.

Last edited:
    I wish they had gone with a smaller objective on the 4-14. For a hunting scope it typically means putting it on a rifle with no adjustable cheek piece and getting a cheek weld with even a 50mm can be a bitch. I would have much rather seen a 40-44mm. Either way it's always nice to see new products being rolled out.

After looking through a 5-22x nxs night force and being blown away and all the positive feedback on the realibility, precision, clarity, tracking ect. I have desided I need a night force in my life! Why didn't they make a SHV in 5-22? A 2-7 or 3-9 SHV would be an excellent addition!

The SHV will sell like hotcakes at retail, for entry-level shooters who know the name and can't get over the psychological hurdle of spending $1500+ on a scope.

Interesting, NF has always said that all NF have a illuminated reticle. Its something to se them offer one with out it. But again its there as an option.

I've always been impressed in NF optics. I have had great luck with all of mine.

Thanks for sharing.

It is good to see the company moving forward with a broader product range. I just hope that they can maintain the quality of their products that we have all come to love and expect.