• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Official Thank You Thread - Sniper's Hide Cup

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Okay, here is the official sponsor list and my personal thanks to everyone involved whether competition, sponsor or staff.

First, to Rifles Only, it is by the grace of Lisa and Jacob Bynum we have this match and it runs so successfully. I have been lucky enough to be able to hang out with them enough so we operate from one brain, Lisa's. It's definitely better than the combined gray matter between Jacob and I. Also I have to say thanks to Jacob again for letting me do events with 60 people that otherwise might make him cringe. I really appreciate it.

To Lisa & Lindy Sisk, they are the safety net to which we rely on. When the mover goes down the day before, there is Lindy fixing it and Lisa's scoring it second to none. She knows what we're doing even before we do, which I suspect is due to some electronic tinkering on Lindy's part.

Miles, Wynn, Adam, John L, thank you all again for running, stapling, shuffling and safety. It's the least glamorous job on the range and they are always smiling.

To the Competitors, as stated, thank you for being safe, for making it fun and for just plain showing up. There is no match with out people to shoot it. You guys never let us down when it comes to attendance.

Last but not least, please, please, please, email these sponsors and say thanks. These guys reach deep to make sure the prize table is full. They all give generously even with my terrible communication, and short notice. Even if you didn't shoot the match, you just wanted to shoot the match, thank these people. When you want to buy something visit them first, these are the guys that support you so please support them it is that important.

Sponsors 2009 Sniper’s Hide Cup

GA Precision
    www.gaprecision.net
    .243 Rifle

McRee’s Precision
    www.mcreesprecision.net
    stock

US Optics
    www.usoptics.com
    2 GC for $2400, 2 GC for spotting scope, 5 shirts, and stickers

Camera Land, Inc
    www.cameralandny.com
    Doug Paymer

SWFA
    www.swfa.com

JW Precision
    John Wall
    www.jwprecision.ca
    logbook, HTG, hats, Savage SA Bottom w/ 10 rd mag

Surgeon Rifles
    www.surgeonrifles.com
    Preston Pritchett
    Hats, 1SA bottom metal w/ mag, 3 side rails, 1 $250 GC

Corbon Ammo
    www.dakotaammo.com
    4 Certificates for a case of ammo of their choice

Liberty Optics
    www.libertyoptics.com
    Scott Berish

Grand River Tactical
    [email protected]
    Nick Painter
    C.O.M.P kit

Rock Creek Barrels, Inc.
    www.rockcreekbarrels.com
    barrel and bipod
    Paul Tolvstad

EFI, LLC
    [email protected]
    Heller Silver Signature Series AR10 Lower and $1000 donation
    Melinda Meador

Connecticut Firearms & Tactical
    www.cftactical.com
    Darin Far

Tactical City
    www.tacticalcity.com

Big River Tactical
    www.bigrivertactical.com
    Donnie Pridemore

Phoenix Tactical
    www.phoenixtactical.com
    Scott Hansen

Distorted Services
    Cigars

Melody Lopez
    $250 certificate to RO

Triad Tactical
    www.triadtactical.com
    Steve Sheldon
    Pouches, drag bag, and log book covers

Storm Tactical
    www.stormtactical.com
    Mark Hartwell
    10 Log Books

RWS Gunsmithing
    Falcon Menace Scope.

RD Enterprises
    www.specopstactical.com
    Ray DiMaio

Premier Reticle
    www.premierreticle.com
    Scope cert.

Shark Suppressors
    JDW MFG. Co
    214-394-3529
    2 Gift Certificates worth $250/$350 each

Machine Gun Tours
    www.machineguntours.com
    Magpul CTR Carbine Stock, Rail Panels, and Floorplates

Badger Ordnance
    www.badgerordnance.com
    M700 Short Action w/ mag, 2 pic rails, muzzle brake, 34mm rings, rear bags, 30mm rings

B&T Industries. LLC
    www.accu-shot.com
    Kasey Beltz
    4 Certificates

Bartlein Barrels, Inc
    www.bartleinbarrels.com
    1 Cert for a barrel

Tacticts, LLC
    www.tacticsllc.com
    M4 Upper certificate

P.O.F
    www.pof-usa.com
    308 Rifle

Sinclair Manufacturing
    [email protected]
    Slings

Todd Jackson
    606-815-6994
    Custom Refinishing $150 Cert.

Manners Composite Stocks
    www.mannerstocks.com
    $500 off of Stock cert.

The Better Optics Company
    Chirs Wisecarverr
    Leica 900 Rangefinder
    www.sportoptics.com

Seekins Precision
    www.seekinsprecision.com
    Glen seekins
    2 sets of rings, 2 bases, and 2 certs for .223 lowers

NightForce
    www.nightforceoptics.com
    Scope

Tac-ops
    www.tacticaloperations.com
    2 drag-bags

KMW
    www.kmwlrs.com
    Terry Cross

Kirkpatrick Guns & Ammo
    www.kfirearms.com
    laser range finder

Accurate Mags
    Fairfield CT
    AI Magazines

HuDisCo
    www.HuDisCo.com
    50% off Hensoldt Scope, Hats, T-shirts

Bear Basin Outfitters
    www.BearBasin.com
    Hensoldt RSA-S Reflex Sight

If you are not on the list and you sent something please email us near the end of the week things get blurred, the wind is strong business cards blow away, not to mention we make mistakes but will correct them aspect.

Again, thanks to everyone: Oh, and James Lisa's brother for cooking Saturday, almost forgot.

Re: Official Thank You Thread - Sniper's Hide Cup

The prize table was unreal! Big thanks to all the vendors!

Also, I'd like to throw a thanks to the guy that gave me a TAB sling! I was searching the prize table for one, but they were all gobbled up, guy just walked up to me and handed me his. Didn't catch your name, but wanted to tell you I appreciate it...

Jacob, Frank, Lindy, Lisa, Lisa, Miles, Wynn, Adam, and John... thank you! Yall still make RO my favorite place to shoot. It was a great match! Lindy didn't even yell at me at this one
    wink.gif

The prize table was freaking awesome! I came in 19th and still walked away with a $500 EoTech!

Sorry we couldn't stay for the after-party. We headed South to the border to go kill shit.

Here is a special thanks to POF, Premier Scopes and Kirkpatrick Guns and Ammo:

SHCupandNelgaiHunt002.jpg

I would also like to thank Tony Burkes who let me borrow some of his TAB gear for the weekend that saved my ass in the 40mph crosswinds. I'll call you tomorrow to place another order.

Also, Frank joined the Dark Side. He is one of us now.

SHCupandNelgaiHunt013.jpg

SHCupandNelgaiHunt012.jpg

I would also like to thank Maj Plaster for helping Battaglia with Accurate Mags prep for his CBS just before he climbed the tower.

SHCupandNelgaiHunt005.jpg

Also a HUGE thanks to TIS for expanding their product line! The new wind flags kept me on steel in the switching winds!

SHCupandNelgaiHunt011.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also a HUGE thanks to TIS for expanding their product line! The new wind flags kept me on steel in the switching winds!

SHCupandNelgaiHunt011.jpg
    </div></div>

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I would like to thank Jim R., who was at both the trainup and the match, and without being asked did whatever he could find that needed doing, including taking the trash to the burn pit, making targets, doing dishes in the bunkhouse, and probably some other things I didn't see him do.

And Tony Burkes helped not only the range staff and other competitors, but helped clean up the facility on Sunday morning after most everyone else had split, as did Hutch.

A Sniper's Hide / Rifles Only match is a semi-annual gathering of old friends and new friends with a common passion for precision riflery. Nukes couldn't keep me and my wife away.

Thanks, guys!
    -- Lindy

Is it true that TAB Gear is looking to make wind flags as well? My only concern is that his buckles may not be stout enough for the strong south TX wind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it true that TAB Gear is looking to make wind flags as well? My only concern is that his buckles may not be stout enough for the strong south TX wind. </div></div>

Don't fret my friend... Tony offers metal buckles that can withstand gale force winds....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TactiFool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really invented TAB slings 20 years ago...: </div></div>

ROFLMAO....

Just want to say thanks to all of the sponsors.

It was an outstanding match - I'd like to thank the sponsors for their generosity and the RO staff and crew for their hard work. Lindy fixed me up so I now have a better understanding of Density Altitude (amongst other things), and Jacob "got my head" where it needs to be (on the stock!) - thank you, gentlemen, I learned much.

Cheers,

Bill

I would like to thank everyone who helped to put on this match. Lisa, Jacob, Lindy, Frank, all the RO's, and anyone elses name that is not mentioned.

A big thanks is in order to all the sponsors who contributed to this match. The prize table was unreal.

It was my first time at Rifles Only and it definitely lived up to its reputation. Made some new friends and was introduced to some great folks. My hats off to Terry and his performance as well as all the other competitors. Heard a good story about "cold fusion". One to laugh about for some time.

Anyway, thanks again for putting on an awesome match. Looking forward to shooting with everyone in the near future.

Ryan Hager

Thanks CKA, for taking pics of the Prize table.

I hope to shoot it next year, sounds like a hell of a time.

Been a busy week for me and i havent got on here long enough to get me some posts in.

First off a huge thanks to Frank, Jacob, Lisa, Lisa, and Lindy as always you challenged us and provided us a great opportunity to compete and get better as shooters job well done.

Also to Miles, Wynn, Adam, John L and the docs for all the work you guys did. Thank you.

To all the generous sponsors thank you for supporting this event and to the shooters make sure you drop these companies a thank you. Even if you didnt win a prize from then take a few minutes when you are free and drop some random thank you's as well.

To the shooters it was great to be able to hang out and shoot with you all. As always there was no shortage of guys helping and teaching each other, ball busting and more comic relief then you can ever ask for.

Stay safe and look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To all the generous sponsors thank you for supporting this event and to the shooters make sure you drop these companies a thank you. Even if you didnt win a prize from then take a few minutes when you are free and drop some random thank you's as well. </div></div>

I started sending emails a couple of days after the match. I also heard back from Frank at POF.

Just bought a 223 POF yesterday. Not very easy to do in New Jersey.
    Lance

A little late, but I wanted to thank everyone involved in putting this great match together. It was by far the most fun I've had at one, possibly the most humbling as well. I look forward to every chance I get to go back. Here are a couple more pics.
    cup2.jpg

cup1.jpg

cup.jpg