• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Official Zero Compromise Optic News & Updates

MPCT1X is awesome. ZCO have really delivered with this one easily the best reticle I have used so far. Very clean but with very detailed wind holds and reticle thickness is perfect and unobtrusive even at 27x.
IMG_6155.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone run these bad boys yet?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240327_192528_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_192528_Chrome.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 67
I am interested in a 5-27 NLE 10 mil with the 3X reticle. My only pause is my worry I won't be able to see the center dot. As I haven't been able to get behind one, can you advise me if it is as small as I think it is .. 69 year old eyes installed in this old(er) guy.

I am interested in a 5-27 NLE 10 mil with the 3X reticle. My only pause is my worry I won't be able to see the center dot. As I haven't been able to get behind one, can you advise me if it is as small as I think it is .. 69 year old eyes installed in this old(er) guy.
Why did you install such old eyes?

Jk Jk. Thought it was funny the way you put it.

The brackets around the dot also assist for those who might have a problem picking up the center dot. Unfortunately since I don’t have your eyes, I couldn’t let you know what you would actually see. I do have customers with various vision issues and some are around your age using ZCO’s reticles with success. 🙂

Let me know if I can assist, I’ll be in the office in a little bit.

Richard
916-628-3490

I was slightly concerned that the dot and circles were too small, they are however pretty good. My favorite is still the 2X but I do have a couple of 3Xs now. My eyes are not 69 (yet) but they are 65 and no where near what they were when I was a teenager (Yeah I can still sort of remember that far back).

Last edited:
Hi Richard - what is updated in the:

updated 2024 models

I'm 71, I have a 5-27 ZCO with 2X and have zero problems with clearly seeing any part of the reticle.

Yesterday I took a friend with me to one of the clubs I belong to and shot his KMW-Ops (awesome rifle) with a Tangent Theta on it. I thought that even at 20x, the reticle was far too thin and hard to see. perhaps not for younger eyes, but while I shot it fairly well, I really wasn't comfortable with that reticle and would not want one, personally.

looking to get a 8-40 not sure what reticle I should get for a rimfire for bench rest matches out to 200 meters on some pretty small targets.

Also trying to decide if I should go with 10 mil or 15 mil locking or NLE which one will have better resale if ever decide to sell it ?

Last edited:
I think that the NLE is bit more popular now, but both have their proponents. I like the NLE as I don't have any problems with accidently turning the turret. Same for 10 vs 15mil. I like the 10 mil as the clicks are a bit more pronounced and feel more separated allowing me a bit more (perceived) control. While the proponents of the 15 mil like the fact that they came spin the scope up faster.

@Baron23 New for 2024 we have all of the "X" reticle options in all of the current models of scopes. So big expansion of reticle options from last year. Also new for 2024 we have the 10 Mil turret as either locking or NLE in all models. So again, a big expansion of options from last year.
Thank you for the reply. I’m very happy with my 5-27 2X scope…oh, and my Can Chap too. ;) :D

Just got my 5-27 10MIL NLE from @CSTactical today. I LOVE the look/feel of the 10 MIL turrets vs my 15 MIL, but that is mainly due to my impaired vision. @CSTactical communication and service was phenomenal.

I guess the rumor is true and we are legit! :p - Richard

I guess the rumor is true and we are legit! :p - Richard

Well, I hate to advertise your prices, but you did charge me more than $900 for it so we'll see........:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: CSTactical
Just got a ZCO 527 and it’s a great scope, but just went to zero it and read that the turret screws need to be torqued to 4.5 in lbs. Unfortunately my Borka torque kit doesn’t go that low. Can anyone recommend what they used to torque them down as recommended?

Just got a ZCO 527 and it’s a great scope, but just went to zero it and read that the turret screws need to be torqued to 4.5 in lbs. Unfortunately my Borka torque kit doesn’t go that low. Can anyone recommend what they used to torque them down as recommended?

Just hand tighten using the shorter side where your fingers with the supplied allen wrench. I never see anyone using any torque limiting tool.

-Richard

nice looking set ups shooters, it would be nice to let us all know; for those new to ELR: what chassis your running on your rifles too... triggers, breaks etc...

thanks so much and ring that steel!!!

I too have a 5-27 and like @Rio Precision Gunworks i just use the 6 lb fix it stick torque limiter and have had zero problems.

But, as mentioned, turn with the short end of a hex wrench with fingers will work fine.

Reactions: oldrifleman