• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 10? AR 15?

Re: AR 10? AR 15?

C-moon man. Google.

To make long story short, basically AR10 is 308Win and AR15 is 223Rem. Or actually 7.62NATO vs 5.56NATO, but they are close to same.

Primarily...size of the cartridges they are designed to accommodate.

The AR-15 was designed around the 5.56x45/223Rem cartridge while the AR-10 was designed around the 7.62x51/308Win cartridge.

A few seconds and any search engine can give you the answers you are looking for.

Technically, the AR-10 existed before the AR-15. It was a 7.62x51 before the 5.56 was conceived...charging handle was in the carrying handle....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Easley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i may sound like a complete idiot but whats the difference in a ar10 and a ar 15? and which ones better for long range? </div></div>

You wouldn't happen to be from Monahans TX would you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Easley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i may sound like a complete idiot...</div></div>

You said it, not me.

IBTL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to answer your next question. GET THE AR 10!!!!! </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say to get one of each! </div></div>

Exactly what I am doing now. AR10 under construction to complement the AR15!

- Phil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say to get one of each! </div></div>

Exactly what I am doing now. AR10 under construction to complement the AR15!

- Phil</div></div>
In San Francisco, wow, I am impressed
grin.gif
you may be the last hold out in that part of California.