• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Offset Back Up Irons

usmcmk12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
California
Are there any cheaper options besides the KAC 45 degree offset iron sights? Looking to put something on a .308 AR. What, if any, are you guys running?

I put fixed daniel defense on 45 mounts. There not much different between the dueck defense. Plus if I later change my mind I'll have a set or fix sights.

I run Dueck Defense on my work carbines. With a 12" Samson rail it gives a long sight radius and a great sight picture.

I'm remembering someone saying that people were having problems getting the XS offsets to zero. Might want to check that bafore buying.

If you are lusting for KAC in the end you wont be happy unless you have KAC in your hands.

If you buy something other than what you really want now I bet in the end you will be spending that money for the KAC you have a taste for and than trying to sell whatever you bought as an expedient.

I bought two sets of KAC 45s off this forum, both NIB, and at a savings from what you would pay retail. Start shopping for some nice KACs and wait for a deal.

I think the the KAC off set sights look great but most likely if I need my back up sites I don't want to have to take the time to flip them up, also make sure you will have room for them to fold down... Depending on where your scope is mounted in relation to the brass deflector and forward assist. Space can be limited. I'm not sure either of those would be in the way but just something to Consider.

Last edited: