• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Offset Folding iron sights for a CMMG Mk3 .308 ??

Sudsy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2011
NJ
CMMG Mk3 308 AR-10
18" SS Barrel. Black River Tactical linear compensator, Superlative Arms adjustable gas block, Magpul Bipod, Larue MBT-2s trigger, Magpul pistol grip, Magpul prs buttstock

The folding sights will only be used in case a deer or hog is spooked up while walking to or from my blind.

I've been looking at what seems like hundreds of different ones on the internet, 90% look like the same exact Chinese made cheapo's but with different names and prices.
Looks like there are the cheap ones, under $40, then a direct jump right to $175 to $300
Is there anything in between, around $100 to $125? I don't need top of the line, but I don't want trash either.

Last edited:
FAB Defense has a set of polymer offset sights, I can't speak to their quality or anything but their price is right in your wheelhouse so they may be in the same ball park as MBUS sights.

Other than that I don't think I've run across anything else that occupies that $100-$125 bracket that wasn't tailor made for airsoft.

Do polymer (plastic) sights stretch and loosen at the base over time ?

If forced the Magpuls are what I'll go with
I can't believe there isn't an in between, seems like an opportunity for some company

I have the MagPul Pro Folding offset sights on my Noveske 308. They work great and are super low profile.

Why not a reflex red dot like Holosun or primary arms? You’re not gonna have time to pop open two sites if you spook a hog or deer.

They'll be popped open before I start walking
Been shooting iron for 50 years so I'm faster with it then with dots

Reactions: db2000