• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Offset Secondary Sight?

Rynham9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
Enid, OK
I am tryin to mount a secondary sight to my R15. Local shop only carries Buris PEPR. I have been googling and reading threads but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I want something that will allow me to mount a sight b/w 9 and 11 o'clock to clear my turret. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ryan

Re: Offset Secondary Sight?

Go to Google and type in "offset sight mount AR15" then switch the options to "images" and a lot of stuff will pop up.

Daniel Defense and Predator Tactical are two that are popular. Gear Sector makes one that looks good.

I have the Predator Tactical Burkett gen2 and I like it.

shooting17.jpg

It usually mounts on the top rail but I had to run mine like this because of the huge knobs on my Burris XTR

Another view of the same mount

05e11b56.jpg

Predator-Tactical-Gen-2-Burkett-Offset-Gun-Sight-Mount.jpg

I am actually out of room on my rail. Does anyone know of a ring type mount that can go on the scope or is that not possible? The PEPR would be perfect if it where not at 12 oclock. Thanks again.

+1 on the Predator Tactical offset mount. I have mine mounted on the rear of my rifle underneath my scope. Best thing about it are the steel wings...you cant break your sight if you happen to run into something, drop, etc. Built like a tank and it rezeroes and removing.

Badger also makes an offset railed ring cap. The GDI PROM mount can be had with one also. Both are not cheap

I was going to use the gg&g but I don't think it could ever get as close to the bore as the preditor tactical. May have to go with preditor tactical on this one.

You know, thinking about these offset mounts a bit. I think one would also work out pretty good for extra close shots on a coyote rifle...

They are quick and can be accurate. I have one with a Docter sight zeroed at 55 yards. Very quick and spot on with 50gr TSX

Duek Defense Rapid Transition Sights makes a set of offset irons. Sounds like you need some more rail space. Not trying to hijack, as it seems like you want a fastfire type sight, but if you have a dedicated optic and like to use irons check it out. Duek does "pretty good" in the tactical 3 gun class.

BC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Casselton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, thinking about these offset mounts a bit. I think one would also work out pretty good for extra close shots on a coyote rifle... </div></div>

My offset Docter is on the P308 with a scope that's lowest magnification setting is 6x. I shot a moving hog at about 35 yards in low light with it. The 6-24x would have been about impossible to use for that and is why I put it on the gun when I'm hunting.

should any one have or know where there may be one for sale [GEN 2 Burkett JP/DOC OffSet Mount]please pm me unfortunatly matt wont post outside the US , nothing off this quality looks to be available in the UK .