• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

OG SR25... Opinions?

supertac7

Minuteman
Mar 15, 2017
I've recently come across an opportunity to buy a (almost new) factory original KAC SR25 (M110 spec), but the price is discouraging. The guy wants $10,000, but knowing I can get a used TacOps and good glass for that price makes me question my nostalgia for the M110.

NOT looking for recommendations for other rifles, more-so wondering the value of a real M110 SR25.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
New short action ax and a S&B. Not going to lie I do have an ECC its nice but my pre 14 ax is nicer..

Nice pre14 ax with two barrels in px. Not mine and I don't know the seller.

Last edited:
New short action ax and a S&B. Not going to lie I do have an ECC its nice but my pre 14 ax is nicer..

Nice pre14 ax with two barrels in px. Not mine and I don't know the seller.

I'm not looking for any other rifle. I'm asking along the lines of the SR25 being worth the asking price, but thank you for the opinion.

I'm not looking for any other rifle. I'm asking along the lines of the SR25 being worth the asking price, but thank you for the opinion.

You got more cash than brains... go for it.

Or wrench a 6.5CM barrel, from GZ's smiths short list, into an ArmaLite AR-10T{DEF10 is mighty cheap starter point} and purchase @ three (3) NF NXS or onepointfive (1.5) S&B pieces of glass with left over cabbage.

Ain't nothin' BUTT!!! my opinion, OP.

You got more cash than brains... go for it.

Or wrench a 6.5CM barrel, from GZ's smiths short list, into an ArmaLite AR-10T{DEF10 is mighty cheap starter point} and purchase @ three (3) NF NXS or onepointfive (1.5) S&B pieces of glass with left over cabbage.

Ain't nothin' BUTT!!! my opinion, OP.

Haha don't get me wrong, I agree there are much better options. I just don't understand if there is some kind of collector market for the SR25 that drives the price so high.

I also kinda just want to shoot a rifle that reminds me of the good ol' days.

There are several different makes and models of the SR25 you need to be more specific... But to answer your question if it's a original M110 full deployment package ..yes if not. No.. 4,000 MAX!!

I'll second that. A full m110 deployment package would draw something like $18k without the can last time I looked. But only due to the militaristic aspect. The public market sr25 by itself is not worth that pretty much ever by itself. The new modern sr25s seem to flow in price between 3500 and 5500 brand new depending on what it is.

Last edited:
There are several different makes and models of the SR25 you need to be more specific... But to answer your question if it's a original M110 full deployment package ..yes if not. No.. 4,000 MAX!!

Crap. Forgot to mention that.

Its is an original M110 SASS with NF 3-15x50, but it is not the complete deployment package.

I also hope to own something close to a 110 someday. To me it doesn't have to be a real army m110 with the deployment package. For me a good quality clone would do the job. I am far from a SR25/110 expert, the purists would need each part to match exactly. Me I just want a foreend that looks similar, a2 stock on a .308 Ar with one of the scopes used Leupold 2.5x10, NF 2.5x10, 4x14 or 16, whatever you choose. I would not spend 10k just because knowing how much other stuff I could have bought would kill me.

If it's a legit m110 then yes. That is if you're a collector and you have the money for it. As far as the 4k max remark well I wouldn't listen to that. Emc's and Ecc's regularly sell above 5k. If it is a legit m110 and you end up with it count me as jealous lol

I've recently come across an opportunity to buy a (almost new) factory original KAC SR25 (M110 spec), but the price is discouraging. The guy wants $10,000, but knowing I can get a used TacOps and good glass for that price makes me question my nostalgia for the M110.

NOT looking for recommendations for other rifles, more-so wondering the value of a real M110 SR25.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

id rather spend $2500 on a custom made 6.5 creedmoor OR 6creed AR.. especially IF you reload... ammo per round is damn near the same other than the accessibility of the components when times are tough...

2nd, regardless of the SR25 price.... don't get me wrong, it's an amazing BATTLE RIFLE and is built like a tank,,, but just because it is stupid $$$ doesn't make it a sub-moa rifle... IMO they are WAY OVER PRICED for what you get.... give me a good new in box $2200 LMT and ill be happy

It just depends if it's worth it to you. If you're thinking investment, I doubt it very much but you might find someone that would want it as bad as you someday..........maybe. If you're actually going to shoot it then no, because you could clone it (or close enough) for much less. As you mentioned, if it would be cool enough own a piece of history, recount memories, have $10K worth of sentimental value then rock on!

I would run the serial number by Knight's to make sure it is an authentic m110 before paying 10k. Seems kind of cheap for the real deal!

It just depends if it's worth it to you. If you're thinking investment, I doubt it very much but you might find someone that would want it as bad as you someday..........maybe. If you're actually going to shoot it then no, because you could clone it (or close enough) for much less. As you mentioned, if it would be cool enough own a piece of history, recount memories, have $10K worth of sentimental value then rock on!

Very good point. I think I'd have a hard time not shooting. So, I should get two?!

I've got to be honest, and DON'T let this dissuade in any way, but I tend to kiiinda regret making purchases based on nostalgia or because I like the idea of something. I have a few nice collector guns I've always wanted from the WW2 and Vietnam era, I don't run them hard, I don't shoot them much, there are better performing options at a lower price that are more fun etc...

BUT that's just me. If you want it, go for it! At that price though, for something that's not in production, I tend not to take it out much for fear of messing up its value. I just get paranoid when it starts costing that much lol.

OP... Its clear you're not Military because if you were you would not be asking the questions that you are. So that removes the nostalgic connection to the platform.. So why woul you be willing to spend that kind of money, it's not even in the Top 5 in Accuracy.. hell Rock Rivers are more accurate......

What experience do you have with shooting long large frame ARs???

I only ask these questions because once reality sinks in and you find out that those rifles are pretty much on par with a" Quality" LMT MWS,... I'd hope you'd start asking yourself why you to spend $7,000 more then you would for any quality AR, because it's painted tan and has a cool name??

Just some food for thought, I wish you the best in whatever decision you make...

OP... Its clear you're not Military because if you were you would not be asking the questions that you are. So that removes the nostalgic connection to the platform.. So why woul you be willing to spend that kind of money, it's not even in the Top 5 in Accuracy.. hell Rock Rivers are more accurate......

What experience do you have with shooting long large frame ARs???

I only ask these questions because once reality sinks in and you find out that those rifles are pretty much on par with a" Quality" LMT MWS,... I'd hope you'd start asking yourself why you to spend $7,000 more then you would for any quality AR, because it's painted tan and has a cool name??

Just some food for thought, I wish you the best in whatever decision you make...

pretty much sums up my thoughts

Only way I'd spend that on an M110, would be if it were surplus'ed and a complete system. And that is only because I carried one.

Outside of that, it's not even close to worth it. And that is assuming it is a legit M110 and not something someone cloned into one. Don't waste your money.

I've got to be honest, and DON'T let this dissuade in any way, but I tend to kiiinda regret making purchases based on nostalgia or because I like the idea of something. I have a few nice collector guns I've always wanted from the WW2 and Vietnam era, I don't run them hard, I don't shoot them much, there are better performing options at a lower price that are more fun etc...

BUT that's just me. If you want it, go for it! At that price though, for something that's not in production, I tend not to take it out much for fear of messing up its value. I just get paranoid when it starts costing that much lol.

That's a really good point and I feel like I'd end up in the same boat with this purchase.

Well, considering the OP asked about M110's and SR25's, I'll just stick to that.

I recently was in the market for one and I looked at all the ones for sale and the ECC's and EMC's that were real M110's were actually trade in UPPERS from the military and came in grades 1-3; most of the grade 1's went fast and cost the most. The grade 3's still went for $6000 or so, not much different than the grade 1's, and all were trade in uppers mated to new civilian marked lowers. These were the FDE M110's with the rifle length FF rail and used the full adj. stock and the long suppressor that threads onto the gas block. I don't think it came with a scope because if it did it would have been the Leupold Mk4 2.5-10x, not the NF. Sounds like it may be one of these. If so, it's basically a used rifle with a nicer scope and max cost would have been around $8000. And it wasn't worth it then IMO.

They DO or DID sell a deployment kit that has everything minus the can and the thermal/NV stuff. It came/comes with a hardcase, several mags, books, targets, soft case or drag bag, covers for the scope, full cleaning kit, etc. It's also several thousand, I forget just how much but I wanna say $13,000.

I ended up getting a new civilian M110. It has the keymod handguard, they all do now, that or the m-lok. Originally planned on installing a FF rail, but that turned out to be not only more hassle than it was work, the keymod is actually an upgrade from the old URX system. A huge upgrade, and as good or better than the old FF systems. Anyway, it grew on me and I kinda like it now, in fact, I used one to build an SBR Grendel and outfitted my 20" Grendel with one so it's kinda like an AR version of the SR-25/M110 I have. It certainly is easier to build using them since they are one piece and basically yield a monolithic type upper. The KAC lower is superior to all others, period, end of discussion, be it AR15 or 10. Full ambi controls BUILT IN, not added on. While not necessary, certainly is nice. The trigger they come with is good enough I felt no need to change it out with a Geissele. Wish I'd known this years ago, since I use the LMT stock anyway, so they basically offered a better complete one I didn't have to build.

Anyway, the new M110 also uses a cut rifle barrel in 16 or 20 inch, and one is chrome lined but still cut rifled, the "combat" version. Nice. The 20" has the heaviest profile followed by the 16" medium and the 16" chrome lined lighter profile. It weighs about 2lbs. less than the 20". The ONLY differences between the military and civilian models is that the military lower says "M110" and the civilian one says "SR25". The military one comes with the inferior Magpul adj. stock but the superior (IMO) QD brake. The civilian one comes with the LMT SOPMOD stock and the flash hider. All come with the keymod or m-lok handguard. For $3800 or so shipped direct from KAC, I'd say that rifle was a great deal. Comes with a target, guaranteed to shoot sub-MOA (1MOA or less, mine was about .5, a bit larger). I can put whatever scope I want on it, so that's a plus and I plan on the USO 1.8-10x instead of the issue Mk4.

IF you buy a KAC rifle, I'd strongly suggest purchasing directly from KAC. If you are a veteran, military or police it's definitely worth it. I disagree about other rifles, I looked at them and even contacted some of them. Building a rifle like this isn't like building an AR, nothing is standard, so to get a GREAT rifle, you have to get one built ground up for it. That's the SR-25, all others are just copies of it really. Some better than others. The HK is nice, but not worth it IMO. They won't sell you the G28. FN is selling their Mk20 to civilians and it has similar requirements of the M110 and is the one SF is currently purchasing to replace their M110's. Mags are cheaper, but dealing with FN is a bitch. I still like the M110 better anyway. IF you have the money to just blow and really, really want a military type M110, call KAC and tell them you want the .mil version and are willing to pay the tens of thousands it will cost to get one. Then while on the phone, go ahead and get the clip on thermal and NV for several thousand more, then hang up and call up AAC, Silencer Shop or Ops Parts to get your hands on one of the older M110 reflex cans for another $2000 or so.

But if the factory $3800 SR25 doesn't float your boat, you can always build or buy another upper in the configuration and caliber you like later and still take advantage of the KAC lower and guts and possibly have two rifles, still for less than the cost of the deployment kit. Hell, you can build you own deployment kit for less. I got ten KAC mags and I think it came with the full blown cleaning kit and other stuff, so for what, $4800 shipped I had all but a case and drag bag. I ordered the appropriate KAC suppressor which fits the FH and is superior to the older reflex can, waiting on that still, and it currently sports a 3.2-17x USO and Atlas bipod, so it's no junk toy and still cost WAY less than 10k all said and done. Did I mention it's a NIB rifle too?

So personally, I'd get a new one for less and not look back. KAC has always made a fine rifle, one of the best, and has always used a fine cut rifle barrel. They've changed barrel supplies over the years, but always go with a good one. GAP was the only other one that offered a quality 7.62AR with a cut rifle 20"bbl. that I found.

That's about all I can say off the top of my head, but I'd go with a new one and just shy from the other one. Sounds too much like one of those graded trade ins.

So, the real question I'd ask, from a value perspective, is whether it's got the "M110" receiver marking, or "SR-25." If it's the former, then 10k is probably a reasonable (in terms of current value), even good price. If it's the latter, then it's likely an ECR or similar-based clone. And while the history of the ECR, and specifically ECR "Special Release," are both kind of interesting, neither is worth anything close to 10k. The days of 3-something-thousand dollar ECR's seem largely over, but beyond $5000 is insanely overpriced.

Keep in mind, these values are based on the KAC collector's market, not the utility of the platform vs. other offerings. KAC collecting is a special kind of sickness, with people tracking down all sorts of rare and odd parts. It's not unlike vintage watches or motorbikes. But for the money, there are all sorts of more accurate platforms.

As to whether they're worth it to you, well, that's up to you (and how much you're willing to risk "KAC sickness." ).

I say all this as the owner of an ECR Special Release, with an M110 can in NFA jail. It's a fun gun to shoot, and I love having it, but I also have no illusions about what it is and isn't. But it did lead to buying an SR-15...