• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh boy...med examiner claims heart attack as cause, not asphyxia!!

What... the... fuck...

Whoever signed off on that "autopsy report" just pretty much placed every police officer's life in direct danger now.
smiley_freak.gif

I think the powers that be don't yet fully understand that this is not going to be the average case of murder by the police they can just sweep under the rug and hope the public forgets about it.

Lots more that are not in any way involved in the rioting are sitting on the sidelines a bit happy that somebody finally decided to do something, even if they are disgusted by the actions of the folks doing the current rioting.

I think the powers that be don't yet fully understand that this is not going to be the average case of murder by the police they can just sweep under the rug and hope the public forgets about it.

Lots more that are not in any way involved in the rioting are sitting on the sidelines a bit happy that somebody finally decided to do something, even if they are disgusted by the actions of the folks doing the current rioting.
The powers that be want this. Turn it to cnn for a few minutes. They are pushing this. Hell the cops arrested a business owner protecting his store. Facing murder charges now. Yet the rioters are off limits. Disgusting.

The powers that be want this. Turn it to cnn for a few minutes. They are pushing this. Hell the cops arrested a business owner protecting his store. Facing murder charges now. Yet the rioters are off limits. Disgusting.

SSS seems to be proper way to deal with nonsense during social unrest...

Reactions: Foul Mike

Authorities on Friday identified the only person whose death has so far been connected to the unrest that has persisted since George Floyd died Monday after his curbside detention in Minneapolis.
Calvin L. Horton Jr., 43, of Minneapolis, was fatally shot outside a pawnshop Wednesday night on East Lake Street near S. Bloomington Avenue, according to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office.
Horton suffered wounds to his chest and other upper extremities, the examiner's office announced.

A 59-year-old man from Galesville, Wis., who owns Cadillac Jewelry, was arrested that night and remains jailed ahead of possible murder charges. The Star Tribune generally does not identify suspects before they are charged.

Pretty much guarantee that if I can get the drop on a person and pin them with a knee on the neck like that I can kill them via cardiac arrest. Not choked...not asphixiated. Deprive the brain/body of oxygen like this long enough and he will die.

He was murdered.

VooDoo

The Cop clearly over did and it lead to a man's death. end of story.
We speak about the law very often but don't allow it to guide through trying times.

Here's the officer's defense:
Official medical exam shows underlying issues as cause of death. The officer used an approved procedure for use of force. There is no way the officer could have known about the man's underlying conditions that ultimately caused his death. Therefore, the officer is innocent. This was just a very unfortunate event, but it was bad luck to blame, not this officer.

He'll get off scot-free. Then the real riots will start.

If they find an underlying condition......maybe they will. Kneeling on a neck is an approved detention/control technique? Effective no doubt but as an arrest technique? Is this true?

VooDoo

If kneeling on someone's neck is an approved technique then I think all law enforcement needs to be retrained. Choke holds and kneeling on necks is a death sentence and has been for a long time. Lots of people have been killed this way.

If they find an underlying condition......maybe they will. Kneeling on a neck is an approved detention/control technique? Effective no doubt but as an arrest technique? Is this true?

VooDoo

I believe i read somewhere that it was, but i cannot say for sure. The news is definitely reporting he had other health issues that contributed to his death. So if that technique is indeed taught/allowed, there is a very good chance he gets off.

If kneeling on someone's neck is an approved technique then I think all law enforcement needs to be retrained. Choke holds and kneeling on necks is a death sentence and has been for a long time. Lots of people have been killed this way.

For sure...probably need some refresher training anyway. I've heard guys like jocko willink and tim kennedy talk about how poorly trained many police forces are on stuff like that. Wouldn't surprise me at all if their force procedure/policy, whatever they call it, is terribly outdated.

Studied/taught a lot of Jujutsu, Aikijutsu, Aikido, etc and that kneeling on the neck technique is not an arresting technique. It's a killing technique or at the very least a last resort for someone who simply will not be detained/arrested.

Nothing in this arrest video suggests to me that he needed to be detained in this manner. Then again, I wasn't there...but the video makes it look really bad.

VooDoo

He didn’t kneel on his neck. He knelt on his right knee and used his left to pin dude’s neck. I doubt there was any significant force applied to the neck. It looks bad from far away, that’s all.

That “technique” - Using a knee to apply pressure to the neck, as I was taught is a way to briefly control someone who is really trying to get up and you don’t need or want to hit them (more than you already did) not a way to secure indefinitely while you wait to move them
Perhaps I was poorly trained, never used the technique but I know a downside of it now

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
As for the heart attack.... Floyd said he had pain in his stomach and shoulder minutes before going unresponsive in the video. That's a fairly typical location for males going into cardiac arrest.

Also is it normal for the Ambulance crew in MN to be wearing what appeared to be level 3 vests under their shirts? It's not in my area.

Studied/taught a lot of Jujutsu, Aikijutsu, Aikido, etc and that kneeling on the neck technique is not an arresting technique. It's a killing technique or at the very least a last resort for someone who simply will not be detained/arrested.

Nothing in this arrest video suggests to me that he needed to be detained in this manner. Then again, I wasn't there...but the video makes it look really bad.

VooDoo

Basically same as the neck breaking technique that is often employed by Triad street enforcers from Hong Kong to Malaysia and Indonesia during routine gang wars. A walking stick applied to the side of the neck and then yanked back extremely hard and held there until the target dies. Same results as a knee being placed on the area at full weight...

That “technique” - Using a knee to apply pressure to the neck, as I was taught is a way to briefly control someone who is really trying to get up and you don’t need or want to hit them (more than you already did) not a way to secure indefinitely while you wait to move them
Perhaps I was poorly trained, never used the technique but I know a downside of it now

Knee above and below shoulder is taught as handcuffing technique to isolate the shoulder and lock the arm prepatory to manipulating the elbow down to the back to handcuff with the opposite arm.

It is that uncomfortable the person usually brings their other wrist voluntarily to the back to be cuffed or another officer does same as first and gets cuffs on.

Once cuffed no further need to apply force. Person is totally disadvantaged.

Extended time in position shown in video and complaints of party in custody needs some splaining.

Reactions: FishinGuns