• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh boy(s?!)

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    As some of y’all read, I’ve got twins on the way. We just had our gender reveal this past weekend, and...

Im having twins boys. Not one, but two dang boys.

Im stoopid excited, nervous, all in one. I’ve got so much to get done before they arrive this August, but the thought of having two boys has my head spinning. I’m grateful to be having them, but if they end up anything like I was as a kid, I’m screwed and that’s saying it nicely.

I’m stocking up on all the diapers and whatnot as I can right now to prepare. August is coming quick, and I know the second I blink I’ll be holding them both in my arms.

Congrats!

You are on the right track. It’s worth joining a Sam’s Club or Costco for diapers alone. My experience was buy more than you think you need. If your don’t use them you can exchange them...the diapers, not the boys.

Better start buying bulk 22lr when you can.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Sleep now.

My kids are 10x better than I was. They are 10 and 12. We don't have many hard and fast rules more just a set of guiding principles. Every day make time for them. You and your wife are the most important thing in their life. They need to know they are the most important thing in your life. This gives them a place where they feel secure.

Be glad you got them both out of the way in one shot.
    After the first, adding a second kid to the mix was pure hell.

Buy gas drops...a built up fart in a baby can ruin your night.
    Line up a vasectomy quick once theyre born and healthy and youre sure you dont want more.

Congrats.
    Kids are the best bad decision youll ever make.

Shred

As some of y’all read, I’ve got twins on the way. We just had our gender reveal this past weekend, and...

Im having twins boys. Not one, but two dang boys.

Im stoopid excited, nervous, all in one. I’ve got so much to get done before they arrive this August, but the thought of having two boys has my head spinning. I’m grateful to be having them, but if they end up anything like I was as a kid, I’m screwed and that’s saying it nicely.

I’m stocking up on all the diapers and whatnot as I can right now to prepare. August is coming quick, and I know the second I blink I’ll be holding them both in my arms.
    For sons are like arrows in the hands of a mighty warrior. Great is the man that has a quiver full of them, for he will not be ashamed when he meets his enemies at the gates. Psalm127:3 . Good luck bud.

Congrats, and good luck! I have an identical twin brother.... we were hell on our parents from day one.

good job, ya big stud!

plan for homeschooling.
    if you put $1k in the market for each, chances are it will cover college when they are 18 (or it used to work).

Reactions: oneshot86
    Have a keg party.... entrance is a case of diapers

Congratulations!

And as a father of twins, my condolences. It gets fun though, once the early days are behind you.

Congratulations! We have 3 little ones

being a dad is a wonderful thing and has made me look at life so much differently
    Less concerned with bs and shitty people

main thing is to take care of momma first 3-6 months- there’s only so much you can do and mostly they want milk and then sleep / try to get her breaks and yes, patience is hard when you have no sleep but try best you can to remain calm
    With the boys and her
    also like someone said above get some noice canceling air pods or similar- they cry alot but get better - also wait until you have your first poo sleeve 🤘🥳

Reactions: Davo308
    Just FYI, babies usually don’t cry for no reason. You might not know what it is but there is usually something. Diaper, hunger, burping. Try and find something that settles them. Every kid is different. A all good advice here so far!! Make sure to burp well after every meal!! I cannot stress this enough. The drops are nice and the special bottles to keep down the gas is a worthy investment. Enjoy it. As mentioned above it goes quick.

Get the book " what to expect when you're expecting " . It's a life saver . Learn how to properly swaddle/wrap a baby . It's unbelievably effective calming and quieting a baby . When you're walkin the floor at 2 am , back hurting from swaying holding the little Dude , Smile . You will miss that time and it's not you have to , you get to . Those two little guys on the way will be the most important people in any room . They are your and our future . In my prayers Brother .

This always applies: Buy more ammo.

And sleep now because forever gone is your peace.

Man this is the serious truth! Enjoy your peace now! It will soon be gone forever! You will never have another "quiet morning " or quiet Anything!

It's worth it, seriously. I have 2 little boys and I'm going to tell this... when you come home and they run up to you yelling "daddy" and you scoop em up and hug on em.... There's no better feeling in this world! It makes it all worth it.

When they scream and raise hell constantly, and just ridiculously loud All The Time, break all your stuff while running like a crazed lunatic everywhere they go.... Well you are going to know a whole new level of frustration...

Enjoy your quiet peaceful existence now. Enjoy sleep! You will soon have seen the last of both for a few decades.... Oh, also enjoy laying down with your wife and such... that's about to end too.

Dude who said use gas drops... legit advice! Burp them babies and use the drops from the get go. Works best if you give it directly to them 10 min pre-bottle, then a tiny bit in the bottle too.

Last edited:
    Oh here’s a gem

Just because you or mama is hot the baby might be cold.

Saw a tiny infant and her big fat slob mom at the store. Baby was 6lbs if that. In a well AC’d store. Baby was screaming. Mama has her in the car seat w no blanket.

I wanted to make a suggestion but I figured one of the other moms at the store could chime in.

Ugh.

Congratulations, it’s going to be a awesome journey. Now go start on matching bearcats, 10/22’s, bows, atv’s, AR’s. Dude, you’re going to need a second job.

You're a very lucky man. Imagine twin girls in about 14 years? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Congrats!

Congrats.

As someone mentioned above. Seriously plan on homeschooling. You wouldn’t believe what goes on in schools these days. If you start planning that way now, homeschooling will be an easy choice once the time comes.