• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh OpticsPlanet, how I've missed you

On the plus side, you could be on month 6, and delayed shipment notification 4, of an indefinite wait for an upper you ordered, knowing full well that it was discontinued by the manufacturer- but still be under the impression that OP will magically be able to fulfill the order. At least OP did you the solid of putting you out of your misery… If you’re wondering, see the other recent OP thread- “Is OP a scam?”
My order for a 2020 Christmas present to myself, ordered first week of December 2020, is now scheduled by OpticsPlanet to ship April 2022.
They just keep moving the date out. The product is available directly from the manufacturer. I asked.
I believe OpticsPlanet is waiting me out, as the price I ordered the scope was on sale at the time, and now the price is over $100 more than what the price was at that time.
That is just not ethical in my opinion.

Reactions: Salad_shooter
I waited it out for the hell of it. I looked at the other thread- unless optics planet gets an upper back on a return, (they won't) you're hosed. If you want to still wait despite knowing its discontinued, I'd say look for this same email 13 months after whenever you ordered up, and you may want to address with a psychiatrist how you still believe in the easter bunny.

Ordered 9mm pros and lapua brass nobody else had, showed up 5 days later. I knew it was a gamble, but it was fine. Both came in optics planet boxes, so no drop ship.

Reactions: Salad_shooter
My order for a 2020 Christmas present to myself, ordered first week of December 2020, is now scheduled by OpticsPlanet to ship April 2022.
They just keep moving the date out. The product is available directly from the manufacturer. I asked.
I believe OpticsPlanet is waiting me out, as the price I ordered the scope was on sale at the time, and now the price is over $100 more than what the price was at that time.
That is just not ethical in my opinion.
I've had similar experiences with OP. I ordered a bunch of. 300 nm ammo from them for like $43 a box right as the scamdemic hit. They shipped them to me but immediately raised the price to $177 a box. I still have 4 boxes of 300prc on order from them since December 2020 also. I paid $45 a box and they keep pushing my order back hoping I cancel so they can charge $100 a box to someone else(Speculation). Had a similar experience with an aero upper from them too, but eventually got that delivered 7 months later.

On the flip side, perhaps them being a big, clumsy, online retailer makes them susceptible to their own blunders more often. If the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, the occasional great deal can be found.

Its been called OP roulette for a reason!

Anyway

Cheers! 🍻

Fuck Optics Planet. When I first dealt with them they were a solid company. Every year they get worse. I finally just said fuck it a few years ago. Best decision I’ve made.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
OP doesn't work in MILS or MOA, they work in MIA! I can't say this enough....fuck OP!

BFJU 13% off coupon works on these right now. Just ordered a pair for $1408 w/ tax/shipping. 1-2 weeks estimated shipping :) We'll see.

Went from 1-2 weeks to now 5 weeks. And the game is afoot.