• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh OpticsPlanet, how I've missed you

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Haven't looked at or ordered anything from them in years because they were always the same retard level of uninspired mediocrity for as long as I could remember.

Needed 2 smaller items that seemed to be OOS everywhere else, or some places had one of the two but not both. OpticsPlanet had both, same/lesser price and they weren't anything weird or expensive or questionable, so fine, give you one last chance.

I click 'check availability' for both items and.....multiple units in stock ready to ship! Yay.

I notice they have the whole COVID delay on shipping notice and don't care, thats fine and I can live with a little delay. Order both items this past Tuesday. Done.

Fast forward to today and I'm greated with an email about my order status. Oh...did they ship it already? Wow, that was quicker than I was expecting...great!

LOL @TheGerman, where did you think you ordered from, buddy?

It's an order update to let me know that both items will take somewhere between 12 and 16 weeks to ship. Wait....what?

Go back on their site, and both items have multiple units available to ship. Uh?

Ok...off to customer service...oh, we're sorry, send us an email as we're not answering our phone and give us up to 7 days to respond.

Well, not all bad news....apparently the module for your online order is so advanced now, that you can cancel it in realtime now directly through their site. I wonder why that is.

Yeah, about that...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200507-122227_Gmail.jpg
      Screenshot_20200507-122227_Gmail.jpg
      395.8 KB · Views: 550
    Interesting. I've ordered a shit load of stuff from Optics Planet over the years and never had a problem. Slow shipping, yes. But I always got my stuff within 2-3 weeks.

Granted, this was all before the Corona hoax. I do have a couple of things in my shopping cart, but waiting for one of their 10% off coupons to hit.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
    That must be one badass pressure canner.

It is, but not worth 6 month wait and I'll bet other suppliers really do have it in stock!

I've gotten so sick of that MO from OpticsPlanet I don't even bother with them any more. Now, if I'm in the market for a Tasco World Class scope (and I'm not) they may be the go-to source. But for anything I'm interested in I'm guessing I'll need to stick with more specialized sellers.

I recently bought a couple of lower end reddots from them and though they said something similar about shipping I had them in under 10 days. Sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

They keep stringing me along, ordered a month and a half ago stating it will ship in 7-10 days each time I contact them. Finally cancelled today.

I get that the loony COVID bullshit is causing issues, but don't make false promises to customers. Just say, "Out of Stock, no restock date available".

I've only ever ordered items from Optics Planet that show "in stock". And I've never had a problem. Now, if they are showing things in stock that aren't, that's definitely not cool and would prompt me to not order from them either.

I've only ever ordered items from Optics Planet that show "in stock". And I've never had a problem. Now, if they are showing things in stock that aren't, that's definitely not cool and would prompt me to not order from them either.

Both in stock when ordering.

Reactions: Arc Light
    Another dickbag is Earl at Impact Weapons. I will never touch his shit again. Ordered a surefire light/mount kit, said in stock. Told me a week for more in stock. Two weeks go by. Ok - COVID, I get it.

Followed up and asked for an ETA. Called me bitching about "gun industry and shipping is so rough right now, my life is so hard, blah blah blah, I didn't charge your card yet so you should be happy". Everyone's life is difficult. Yeah, nice of him not to charge my card for stuff he doesn't even have in his hands yet, but I could have bought elsewhere before everything started going out of stock.

Why do companies believe the Chyna virus gives them carte blanche to be lazy as fuck? Just an easy excuse for piece of shit management and ownership.

No idea but I've noticed it too.

At the beginning of it I started getting all sorts of emails from vendors/companies about how there will be delays and they're not returning calls or whatever. This was literally like before we had 500 cases.

The best was my ISP where the sent out an email that made it sound like ground zero was in their office, everyone had died and you'll be lucky if you ever get internet ever again - just shut the fuck up, sit in your goddamned office and provide internet.

I scored my Steiner P4Xi 1-4X from them and got it in record time. I also ordered some 30 mm BKL rimfire scope rings and got them in a normal timeframe.

I'm afraid to push my luck

I, too, beat the Optics Planet lottery- not once but twice. Talk about press-your-luck.

On a related note. It is 2000 fucking 20. How hard is it to have real time inventory tracking? Not real fucking hard- Ask Primary Arms. Go into their store and ask someone at the counter if they have something in stock. "You see those computers back there along the wall? If they say we have it in stock, it's in stock. And you can walk out with it today. Yes, order over there and we will call you up here when its ready..." Oh, right now it is by appt only, for FFL purchases only. But, you can place an order on line and they will have it ready by the time you show up. Check in at the front door and they'll bring your order to your car window- like Sonic, but for firearms stuff.

And, how hard is it, really, to redirect calls from a call center to your staff at their homes. I don't actually know, but it can't be that difficult. Why the fuck is it a 9 hour wait to get someone on the phone from my bank, so that I can give them money. You'd think they'd want my money...

Reactions: Jgunner
    I, too, beat the Optics Planet lottery- not once but twice. Talk about press-your-luck.

On a related note. It is 2000 fucking 20. How hard is it to have real time inventory tracking? Not real fucking hard- Ask Primary Arms. Go into their store and ask someone at the counter if they have something in stock. "You see those computers back there along the wall? If they say we have it in stock, it's in stock. And you can walk out with it today. Yes, order over there and we will call you up here when its ready..." Oh, right now it is by appt only, for FFL purchases only. But, you can place an order on line and they will have it ready by the time you show up. Check in at the front door and they'll bring your order to your car window- like Sonic, but for firearms stuff.

And, how hard is it, really, to redirect calls from a call center to your staff at their homes. I don't actually know, but it can't be that difficult. Why the fuck is it a 9 hour wait to get someone on the phone from my bank, so that I can give them money. You'd think they'd want my money...

A ton of places have not gotten my money due to no real time inventory on their site. I'm not fucking around with having to contact you ahead of placing an order so I don't end up with the bullshit backorder notice email the next day.

The absolute worst are those faggots with a website full of 'call for price' listings. Yeah, let me fucking call you about something I saw on the internet so you can quote me a price that is probably retail +20%. Defeats the entire purpose of the fucking internet.

Quiet you.

It was 2 parts for a Safariland holster setup; not the actual holster because they don't ever have any of those in stock like...ever.
    I can never find the ALS or GLS for my rig . The ability to mount any pistol just by plugging it in is very attractive . I wound up with an Uncle Mikes Reflex , purchased some kydex and I'm going to make my own mid ride .

I’ve never ordered anything from them because of a ton of stories exactly like this one. They show in-stock and only after the order is placed do they find out it isn’t. I believe they have a representative that’s a member here. If so, he needs to listen to his customer base and fix it! Many companies in this industry have no problem with keeping an accurate online inventory. In fact, if you’re keeping an inaccurate one, showing in-stock when it isn’t, it strikes me as intentionally dishonest.

I took a chance 2 months ago and ordered a couple of March Scopes at a good price from its sister-site Dvor.com; I figured if it took awhile, no big deal since my credit card doesn't get charged until they ship. Latest email says scopes will ship 5/13 = we'll see.
    I've got another order from back in January that has a couple of Kryptek-branded items that are out of stock and haven't shipped, yet just this week I see they are listing them for sale. Once my orders get backfilled or I decide to cancel I will likely unsubscribe from the daily email notifications and buy elsewhere.
    I do like Dvor's reasonable flat rate shipping fee. And they were willing to accept a return after their 30-day return deadline had passed, so I do have to give them a little credit for trying.

Hey if you are buying from Optics Planet and not calling you have been doing it wrong. They will drop the price substantially and sometimes expedite shipping as well especially on larger orders. No coupon code will touch what they will actually sell the items for.

Already felt the shit stick of their shit business! No more OP for me.

I made 4 orders for various slings, Hoppes #9, other cleaning supplies last year. Received all 4 orders on time and in perfect condition. So far this year, one Sig Kilo rangefinder and one Geissele trigger ordered. Sig showed up early and works great. I knew Geissele was behind when I ordered the trigger, but it was shipped this past Friday and tracking says I’ll see it Monday.
    By contrast, Midway also won’t answer the phone, so that I can ask why UPS just took my Sierra Matchkings (that all the hoarders bought out of stock to kill zombies with), turned around on delivery day and returned to Midway. Took a couple of days, but I did get an email reply, and they admitted that they screwed the pooch. I received the SMK’s two days later. Midway also took orders for stuff that they posted as in-stock, but were not. Long story to say that these companies, just like my wife’s company, sent many of their best home due to this panic from Kung Foo land. That leaves the lowest common denominator at the store/computer/customer service/warehouse to make stuff happen. Only shit happens. My wife’s chemical company makes chemicals for the toilet paper makers. Talk about shit stories, all of her sales folks are “working from home”. That means laying drunk, making more useless welfare recipients, or going out and buying up TP and guns when their neighbors are working.
    She wonders why I carry a P226 with Goldots. I wonder what happens when the makers of Kung Flu decide we need another dose of bio warfare, or worse.
    What a cluster fuck. I keep hoping NK will nuke either Kali or DC to slow the creep of insanity🤡

I have a slug barrel for my daughters shotty in the cart at OP. Was leery about hitting the checkout button because of stories like this. I orded a Zeiss scope from OP a few years ago without issue. But I ain't gambling right now. Gotta get her a barrel so she can try to get her first deer this fall.

I took a chance 2 months ago and ordered a couple of March Scopes at a good price from its sister-site Dvor.com; I figured if it took awhile, no big deal since my credit card doesn't get charged until they ship. Latest email says scopes will ship 5/13 = we'll see.
    I've got another order from back in January that has a couple of Kryptek-branded items that are out of stock and haven't shipped, yet just this week I see they are listing them for sale. Once my orders get backfilled or I decide to cancel I will likely unsubscribe from the daily email notifications and buy elsewhere.
    I do like Dvor's reasonable flat rate shipping fee. And they were willing to accept a return after their 30-day return deadline had passed, so I do have to give them a little credit for trying.

so I got a bit of a surprise yesterday when the mail carrier delivered my March Scope from OpticsPlanet yesterday [Memorial Day, signature required]; the price was right and the 2+ month wait wasn't critical to me = so i'll deal with them on an as-needed basis. Still waiting on a few other backordered items; its getting to the point I don't know what they've shipped me and what I've been charged for.
    March FX 5-42 Scope.jpg

I can never find the ALS or GLS for my rig . The ability to mount any pistol just by plugging it in is very attractive . I wound up with an Uncle Mikes Reflex , purchased some kydex and I'm going to make my own mid ride .

I must have lucked out. Ordered a UBL + QLS plate from OpticsPlanet recently and it arrived in good time.

Only ordered through them, though, as T-Rex Arms didn't happen to have them in stock at the time. They do now, so holster and rest of QLS are en-route from there: https://www.trex-arms.com/

In contrast to the experiences here with some vendors listing things they don't have in inventory, I really appreciate T-Rex Arm's strong stance that they only list what they have in stock.

so I got a bit of a surprise yesterday when the mail carrier delivered my March Scope from OpticsPlanet yesterday [Memorial Day, signature required]; the price was right and the 2+ month wait wasn't critical to me = so i'll deal with them on an as-needed basis. Still waiting on a few other backordered items; its getting to the point I don't know what they've shipped me and what I've been charged for.View attachment 7336729

So it only took 'em two weeks to order it from Eurooptic or some other stocking dealer and forward it to you?

So far they haven't burned me but I figure it's just a matter of time.

I think the only reason they have this stuff "in stock" is because they really don't --they're just a drop shipper. Drop shipping was working okay until this virus shit, now only stocking dealers can come through.

I've used them a dozen times or so and had no reason to complain. Now I did order a scope once that took 11 months to arrive but in all fairness even the manufacturer was posting delayed release dates. I liked that OP let me get my order in early to avoid the rush once released as it sold out within days and was back ordered again for people. Hopefully your order gets filled soon. MidwayUSA has a bad habit of posting something on sale only to be sold out or limit of 1 making it pointless.

Haven't looked at or ordered anything from them in years because they were always the same retard level of uninspired mediocrity for as long as I could remember.

Needed 2 smaller items that seemed to be OOS everywhere else, or some places had one of the two but not both. OpticsPlanet had both, same/lesser price and they weren't anything weird or expensive or questionable, so fine, give you one last chance.

I click 'check availability' for both items and.....multiple units in stock ready to ship! Yay.

I notice they have the whole COVID delay on shipping notice and don't care, thats fine and I can live with a little delay. Order both items this past Tuesday. Done.

Fast forward to today and I'm greated with an email about my order status. Oh...did they ship it already? Wow, that was quicker than I was expecting...great!

LOL @TheGerman, where did you think you ordered from, buddy?

It's an order update to let me know that both items will take somewhere between 12 and 16 weeks to ship. Wait....what?

Go back on their site, and both items have multiple units available to ship. Uh?

Ok...off to customer service...oh, we're sorry, send us an email as we're not answering our phone and give us up to 7 days to respond.

Well, not all bad news....apparently the module for your online order is so advanced now, that you can cancel it in realtime now directly through their site. I wonder why that is.
    I agree with this post. I ordered a reloading tool in August. It showed in stock when ordered. Now it shows estimated ship date mid december still. Very hard to get someone to talk to. Email does not work either. Thats bad service.
    That being said, I cancelled an order for a Forster full length 308 die that was ordered weeks prior with no update status. Since it didnt ship, I was not charged. That is good. Bad news is now Brownells has the same issue. Part delivery date unknown. It may just be everyone gets their parts from China, and China is playing games. Trump is right. We need to bring back our manufacturing base to the US! China owns our ass right now, and with Beijing biden, it will get worse.

Reactions: FishinGuns
    All I'm saying is
    Update on Your OpticsPlanet Order​
    G9C3DTsvCgTEYURZQAw4XrJSpLfUwqcKurc-Z1be1j0lvowoRCgMi3YUuUVX6dW6Os-eRdr_aZg=s0-d-e1-ft
    Thank you again for ordering from OpticsPlanet.com. It's taking us a little longer than expected to ship your order and we wanted to let you know the new estimated ship date. We wanted to assure you that our warehouse is working hard to get your order out as quickly as possible and you will not be charged until it is shipped.​
    G9C3DTsvCgTEYURZQAw4XrJSpLfUwqcKurc-Z1be1j0lvowoRCgMi3YUuUVX6dW6Os-eRdr_aZg=s0-d-e1-ft
    Once your order ships, we'll send an email with your tracking number to let you know it's on its way! We're very sorry about this delay and appreciate your patience.​
    As suppliers and shipping carriers are experiencing delays, it's taking longer than usual to get your orders to you. Thank you for your patience as we work hard to get your products to you as quickly as possible.

New Estimated Ship Date: Wednesday, Mar 03, 2021​
    The full contents of your order will ship once all items are in stock.​
    dyX9-nrh-D9P0CaqIbghtxq1kyVDPlbnyEFnyYAjLZ-AsmRRU2JFqR-FbjVNPY8M2cxfOBSWNMpb8g=s0-d-e1-ft
    Questions About Your Order?​

I'm just waiting to see how long it actually takes. I'm betting 18 months at this point. Already got one elsewhere. Just waiting to see. On a side note, my wife has used every bottle in the county, and it is a great product. Should last a lifetime.

Factor USPS in. Midway is having the same delay issues. Have an item that reached the St. Louis post office on the 19th. St Louis is 7 hours from here. IF it arrives today, that makes...counting fingers... 8 days.

Reactions: FishinGuns
    All I'm saying is
    ....The full contents of your order will ship once all items are in stock. ....

This one could be fun. Many years ago (2005) I wanted a nice three day pack that Lightfighter was selling. Since it was also covered in MOLLE inside and out, I also ordered a few pouches to mount on it. And tossed in some SureFire batteries too. After two months of calling about updates on the order, I noticed a trend. The pack was always a few days from arriving. And the batteries and pouches kept disappearing and reappearing from my order bin. At one point the only thing that was missing was the pack. I asked them to ship the rest, pointed to their policy to ship when available, even if the order was incomplete. Nope. The pack will be here any day now and they will ship it all out as one. Final straw was when the lady on the phone slipped and mentioned that the reason for the delay was Eagle Industries was no longer the maker of the pack, and the new maker was someone I never heard of, and a quick internet search showed the new vendor marketing to airsoft stores. Canceled the whole order on the spot.

Seeing how bad a reputation OpticsPlanet has, I would not put it past them to pull items from one order to fill another. And if they will only ship a full order, I hope you are only looking at one or two pieces otherwise, yikes.

Reactions: Sanwizard
    On the plus side, you could be on month 6, and delayed shipment notification 4, of an indefinite wait for an upper you ordered, knowing full well that it was discontinued by the manufacturer- but still be under the impression that OP will magically be able to fulfill the order. At least OP did you the solid of putting you out of your misery… If you’re wondering, see the other recent OP thread- “Is OP a scam?”