• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh the agony......

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
So I find this Rem 700 that has SN 265xxx and buy it for my spec build... Get the rifle in, and the damn thing is BEAUTIFUL. It breaks my heart to tear such a cherry rifle apart for the action...
cry.gif

I'm gonna leave it together until I get ready to put it all together, hopefully I'll find a shitty old gun show rifle with a correct action that can save this beauty...

Re: Oh the agony......

I know how that feels, bro. I did the same thing to a cherry .243 ADL (SN 211XXX) I found in a local pawn shop. Hardly a mark on it and looked almost new throughout. I'm glad I did it though, with no regrets.

BTW, I had to cut & relieve the stubborn barrel in order to remove it from the action. The barrel vise, wrench, and heat didn't persuade it at all. That S.O.B. was on there tight!

I'm in the same boat with ya! really want to get my M40A1 turn-in build finished right, but the donor is just too nice to sacrifice! Keeping my eyes peeled for another donor!!

I had a Sendero 300wm given to me for a project. It had been sighted in and that's it. After I got it I decided there was no way I was taking it apart. Buy another action and have two new rifles instead of one.

Buy a cheap old non spec remington action. Spin the barrel off your nice one put it on the other action and put it in the stock and bingo. You have your spec action and a nice rifle.