• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh the Joys of Anschutz Triggers!

Va_Gentleman

Cook
Minuteman
Well guys, I have a few questions.

I was shooting the .22 TSC on Saturday when my 64 MPR just would not fire. The bolt would snap forward on close and would not remain open.

Tonight, I pulled her apart and inspected the 5098 trigger system very closely. It appears that the catch release on the sear has sheared off.

My questions are:

1. Will I have to bite the bullet and buy a whole new 5098 system?

or

2. Can I find the catch release part somewhere and try to rebuild the system myself?

I know that a new 5098 trigger is $255. (Ouch... says my head after my wife just hit me upside it)

Any thoughts?

Brian

Wow, that sucks. Is there any chance that Anschutz will repair it at no charge? I just bought one from a guy on RFC but haven't shot it yet. My rail from DIP came over the weekend, so hopefully I'll get it out this weekend.

Chris

I am not sure Chris. I am thinking that it was a 2010 product.

I will give them a call tomorrow and find out... would be nice if they did. I have seen folks talking about the sear taking abuse from racking the bolt vigorously... It could be a function of wear and tear. One thing is for sure, the previous owner took care of the rifle and it is a thing of beauty! (Mr. Roe)

I think I could rebuild the mechanism... just can't find the part or even an underside pic of the system to see what it exactly looks like.

Thanks bro.

Call Carl at Champions shooters supply 800-821-4867. These guys supply Anschutz to half the shooting teams in the country. They have quite a knowledge of their inner workings and would certainly know the best rout to follow.

My go to guy is Neil Strepp at ISS shooting in Fort Worth, Call him at 817-595-2090. He stocks a HUGE amount of Anschutz stuff and has a vast technical background on these guns. He will be able to help you. Do not E-Mail him as that seldom works , but he almost always will pick up the phone.

Well guys, I have a few questions.

I was shooting the .22 TSC on Saturday when my 64 MPR just would not fire. The bolt would snap forward on close and would not remain open.

Tonight, I pulled her apart and inspected the 5098 trigger system very closely. It appears that the catch release on the sear has sheared off.

My questions are:

1. Will I have to bite the bullet and buy a whole new 5098 system?

or

2. Can I find the catch release part somewhere and try to rebuild the system myself?

I know that a new 5098 trigger is $255. (Ouch... says my head after my wife just hit me upside it)

Any thoughts?

Brian

Hi Brian
I also have an Anschutz 64MPR and I had a trigger issue as well.
Contact Steyr Arms at (205) 655 8299, ask for Herbert Wohlmut, he is the Gunsmith there. They are the "official" USA repair shop for Anschutz.
Their shipping address is: 7661 Commerce Lane, Trussville, AL 35173.
I purchased my MPR in March 2012 from Champion Shooters Supply, so it may still have been under warranty, not sure.
Anyway, after calling Herbert, I sent them the rifle (you can ship the full rifle, or just the barreled action, or just the trigger), they are in Alabama. I did pay for shipping but the trigger repair was free of charge.
Herbert did a good job, trigger is at .6oz and my MPR is a tack driver.
I hope this can help you.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Ombre, I just saw your post. I actually spoke to Herbert this morning about a different problem with my MPR and came here to post his info. He was as helpful as he could be with my problem. Unfortunately, my issue it seems is with DIP. I've spent the morning on the phone with Herbert and now DIP. My rail won't slide onto the action more than about 1/4". Bob from DIP is checking to see if there is a problem with the latest batch of rails but asked me to verify the age of my rifle. That's how I ended up on the phone with Herbert.

FYI, Herbert goes to lunch from 11:00 to 12:00...

Chris

Thanks Ombre! That is who I sent it off to this morning. Kind of interesting talking to a German feller in Trussville Alabama. No doubt he enjoys what he does.

Sounds right to have a German Gunsmith working on German rifles, isn't it; I did talk to him a few times and he is a nice fellow.
I hope you will get your rifle back soon.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Ombre, I just saw your post. I actually spoke to Herbert this morning about a different problem with my MPR and came here to post his info. He was as helpful as he could be with my problem. Unfortunately, my issue it seems is with DIP. I've spent the morning on the phone with Herbert and now DIP. My rail won't slide onto the action more than about 1/4". Bob from DIP is checking to see if there is a problem with the latest batch of rails but asked me to verify the age of my rifle. That's how I ended up on the phone with Herbert.

FYI, Herbert goes to lunch from 11:00 to 12:00...

Chris

Chris
He is a knowledgeable fellow but don't mess with his lunch time ;)
I hope your issue will get solved soon.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire