• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ohio LE Scoped Rifle Course

Andrew Blubaugh

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2003
Ohio
I am part of this class so any questions please feel free to ask me or call the numbers listed.

This is a LEO/Mil class only.

Round count will be around 250 rounds. This will be a GREAT class for anyone with a little or a lot of knowledge about scoped rifle.

The following is a cut/paste from the flyer...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ohio Attorney General
Richard Cordray
OOTA Richfield Campus
4055 Highlander Parkway, Suite B
Richfield, OH 44286
(330) 659-2311

Scoped Rifle Operator
This fast paced three-day course is for officers that have an existing knowledge of their scoped rifle system. This course will be especially useful to individuals who are assigned to a tactical unit as a precision marksman. Instruction will cover fundamentals of marksmanship, equipment selection, maintenance, camouflage and hide construction. Students will fire from 21 feet to 300 yards during the range exercises. Dry fire and live fire drills will be used to help improve performance. All course content is taken from instructor’s real-world experience and training background.

Date(s): Location Course Number Price
May 26-28 Wadsworth Fire Dept. 04-177-09-01 $200

Agencies should register students for the above courses by faxing or mailing a registration form to: OPOTA Richfield Campus, 4055 Highlander Parkway, Suite B, Richfield, OH 44286 – FAX: 330-659-2401.

For further information on this course call: 1-888-436-7282 (Richfield). Registration forms are available in the OPOTA course catalogue or on line at www.ag.state.oh.us. (Locate the Law Enforcement Training tab>click on Law Enforcement Training>click on POTA Publications Index>Select Campus)
</span>

Re: Ohio LE Scoped Rifle Course

Been getting a bunch of pms and emails about this class. Just to clarify a few things...

This is not an "Advanced" class but it is not a basic class either. We will touch on the basics and then concentrate on non conventional shooting positions. Hide sites will also be covered including live fire from the hide site (urban and rural). If you have zero time behind a precision rifle this class may or may not be a bit munch for you but it is my opinion that you will still walk away with some great info and skills.

As for gear list. A precision rifle, pistol gear, ammo and YOUR call out gear is all that is needed.

Any other questions please feel free to contact me.

BTT

Spoke with a contact at OPOTA yesterday. Not many slots remain. Give them a call and reserve a spot.

This class is full. If you are interested in the class but were not able to attend let me know. We are looking to do a few more in the coming year.