• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ohio Now Has Mountain Lions

Re: Ohio Now Has Mountain Lions

Same here in michigan, DNR says we don't, but there are feild cam pictures and sightings.

Watch the video in it at the bottom.... Some locals blame a farmer saying it escaped from his farm where he has "horses, goats, and lama's," damn these Mountain Lion Farmers, when will they learn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ditto for VA </div></div>

Have seen a LOT of hunters and sportsmen try to prove there are Cats in the east, some getting downright irrate about it.

The question is, just when will people figure out that they really don't want to prove anything......

Proving the existance of Cats in the east, meaning a viable reproducing population, opens the door to all kinds of litigation and law suits in the state and federal courts fronted by every environmental nutjob organization there is.

If you don't believe me, for those who weren't around for it back then, look into the Spotted Owl controversy in the North West and see what a cluster that whole thing turned into for the residents there who depended on the logging industry.....there may just be a damn good reason why the state DNR's aren't willing to confirm anything.

If the enviro-whackos can prove that Cats need their habitat protected it will in one way or another close a lot of doors for the sportman....not to mention the industries that a lot of us depend on. Farming, Oil, Gas, Mining, Timber, Land Development, etc.

Wake up folks....let sleeping Cats lay.

Reactions: brettb614

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same here in michigan, DNR says we don't, but there are feild cam pictures and sightings. </div></div>

The whole denial by various DNRs has gotten really, really old. Cougars are now clearly in residence throughout the midwest and now into the east. One was just killed in Connecticut.

About 6 years ago while living in MI near the Willow Run Airport by Belleville, our lawn bordered on some undeveloped and wooded land. I went out early one morning to run the dog and as he ran around burning off some steam I noticed something brown lying in a low spot back by the trees. I went closer and saw the ears; yup, cougar. Dog had not seen it yet as it was 50yds away but he wouldn't come when I tried to call quietly. Went back in and grabbed the 12ga, then back out, the dog was now within 20 yds of the cat, which was facing the other way. I walked out until I was about 30yds from the cat, and YELLED at the dog. He came to me, the cat jumped up and was in the woods in 3 bounds, clearing the 4-ft fence like nothing. At that distance, the identity was unmistakable. It was a relatively young one, probably 60-80 lbs. For about 3 weeks before that there had been sightings all over the area. In retrospect, I wish I'd grabbed a camera instead of the shotgun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same here in michigan, DNR says we don't, but there are feild cam pictures and sightings. </div></div>

You don't need a tag to shoot something that doesn't exist...

Just saying.

• Haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^^
I rest my case......... </div></div>

Indiana simply made them protected from hunting. You can put the tinfoil hat away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ditto for VA </div></div>

Have seen a LOT of hunters and sportsmen try to prove there are Cats in the east, some getting downright irrate about it.

The question is, just when will people figure out that they really don't want to prove anything......

Proving the existance of Cats in the east, meaning a viable reproducing population, opens the door to all kinds of litigation and law suits in the state and federal courts fronted by every environmental nutjob organization there is.

If you don't believe me, for those who weren't around for it back then, look into the Spotted Owl controversy in the North West and see what a cluster that whole thing turned into for the residents there who depended on the logging industry.....there may just be a damn good reason why the state DNR's aren't willing to confirm anything.

If the enviro-whackos can prove that Cats need their habitat protected it will in one way or another close a lot of doors for the sportman....not to mention the industries that a lot of us depend on. Farming, Oil, Gas, Mining, Timber, Land Development, etc.

Wake up folks....let sleeping Cats lay. </div></div>

Shoot, Shovel and Shut up.
wink.gif

LegioX has the right idea!

If it doesnt exist, you couldnt of killed it. And DO NOT come on here saying you killed one, DO NOT put it on facebook with pictures either!

Their are now wolves in Ca too, fyi.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You don't need a tag to shoot something that doesn't exist...

Just saying. </div></div>

Im with ya on this one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ditto for VA </div></div>

Wake up folks....let sleeping Cats lay. </div></div>

Yep, they did the spotted owl thing here, closed all the mills down except one, everyone lost their job and if it were not for a vampire movie the town of Forks WA would be gone forever.

I remember seeing a loggin truck with a stuffed spotted owl as a hood ornament.

The thing is, the owl's are still dying off at an unprecedented rate and the UW th inks it's because of a disease, not the forests that have long since grown back (and the other old growth they live in).

Nature's funny about that, Cody Lundin has a good philosophy on Nature- you better respect her.

As for these cats, some theorize they came BACK up from Mexico and are repopulating - MonsterQuest has done research to track down a BLACK leopard in West Virginia, others claim it was a housecat (3' tall?).

I believe they are there, in-laws that live in WV have SEEN them.

I would be for protecting them though, might do the environment some good to have a natural predator in there, if there were no silly lawsuits...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^^

Indiana simply made them protected from hunting. You can put the tinfoil hat away. </div></div>

I'd be the last one to wear a tin foil hat, if at all, pard.....

That you can only think on a singular plane, and can't fully grasp the subject matter, is obvious.

Protecting a Cat from "hunting" satisfies only one dimension of the enviro-whacko's agenda. Save yourself from looking so stupid and do a little research on the spotted owl fiasco a couple of us have already mentioned, per "protected habitat". A proven viable population of Cats in the east could be a cluster fuck of the highest magnitude.

Let sleeping Cats lay.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^^

Indiana simply made them protected from hunting. You can put the tinfoil hat away. </div></div>

That you can only think on a singular plane, and can't fully grasp the subject matter, is obvious.

Protecting a Cat from "hunting" satisfies only one dimension of the enviro-whacko's agenda. Save yourself from looking so stupid and do a little research on the spotted owl fiasco a couple of us have already mentioned, per "protected habitat". A proven viable population of Cats in the east could be a cluster fuck of the highest magnitude.

Let sleeping Cats lay......... </div></div>

Yeah, they're going to shut down corn farming for cougars. This isn't the Pacific Northwest, buddy. No "habitat" left around here. Everything is a world-ending conspiracy to people like you.

Enviro-whackos seek to screw up the livelihoods of people that live far away from them where it doesn't affect them and they can feel all warm and fuzzy about their environmentalism. When the cougars are walking in and out of their cozy suburban neighborhoods, they keep their children in from the bus stop and want them trapped and removed ASAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^^

Let sleeping Cats lay......... </div></div>

Yeah, they're going to shut down corn farming for cougars. This isn't the Pacific Northwest, buddy. No "habitat" left around here. Everything is a world-ending conspiracy to people like you.

Enviro-whackos seek to screw up the livelihoods of people that live far away from them where it doesn't affect them and they can feel all warm and fuzzy about their environmentalism. When the cougars are walking in and out of their cozy suburban neighborhoods, they keep their children in from the bus stop and want them trapped and removed ASAP. </div></div>

People like me?

Conspiracy theory?

K.............

Guess you'd be the first to bitch if the already proven aspirations of the enviro's hits your local "habitat". You're right, it's not the Pacific Northwest, it's the East, and cougars have been gone from here for a LONG time. Perfect excuse for the nutjobs to hit the courts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Enviro-whackos seek to screw up the livelihoods of people that live far away from them where it doesn't affect them and they can feel all warm and fuzzy about their environmentalism. When the cougars are walking in and out of their cozy suburban neighborhoods, they keep their children in from the bus stop and want them trapped and removed ASAP. </div></div>

Sure Dewd and carbon taxation and the whole green movement will never happen either (already is - right?).

Note where I live Dewd. Been through the Spotted Owl thing, understand the politics behind it - currently working on the politics of 'Green'.

Here is a thought - the folks that will finance the studies, write the scoping letters for the studies, write the policy that is an outgrowth of the studies, finance the junkets and campaigns for the Politicians who will ultimately champion the bills, will finance the requisite media dollars to manipulate the squishy and essentially useless grey matter inside the average idiot's gourd in order to achieve a vote of the people and enact it into law - don't live any where near there, are generally ignorant of the true issues, and don't share the same values as most of us. These are groups like the Audubon Society.

BTW - what makes Ohio, corn crops, and kitties different from the San Joaquin Valley and the delta smelt, or potential impacts to whales from drilling in the Chukchi Sea?

Denial of the paradigm doesn't change the rules of the game.

We have lots of kitties here. The enviros were able to champion a ban on hunting with dogs. That got reversed last fall by vote - only because of the level of kitty activity in the 10 yrs or so it was in place. I have been told that 1 cat eats at least 1 adult deer per week. ODF&W is the same - gross under reporting of the population.

Good luck

Well I may not agree with everyone, but I do belive in the live and let live philosophy.

IF there are big cats, they may actually help the environment by pulling out weak prey since they do tend to target the weak and young first.

This assures survival of the fittest.

You see, in California they banned hunting of their cute wittle huggly mountain lions. They put it to the people.

Then a woman moved into the cats neighborhood with her brand new suburbanite household and she went jogging wearing her high dollar clothing and Sony Walkman not pay ing attention to mother nature.

Mother nature ATE her ass alive, (In the form of a Cougar).

I had no remorse for her, maybe for her family but she was just a nother meal for an animal.

(My daughter would have pulled out a 38 and shot the thing so that's not a logical argument).

Suddenly California wants them hunted because they killed a human.

There are far too many humans on the planet, especially in California so I rooted for the big cats.

If I get killed by one it's my own fault but unless it's hunting season I'm not going to go kill one.

I did buy a tag a few years ago and missed out on one as he was about 450-500 yards away and my 243 is not zero'd that far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

People like me?

Conspiracy theory?

K.............

Guess you'd be the first to bitch if the already proven aspirations of the enviro's hits your local "habitat". You're right, it's not the Pacific Northwest, it's the East, and cougars have been gone from here for a LONG time. Perfect excuse for the nutjobs to hit the courts.

</div></div>

People like you are one reason the greenies get so far. Here you'd rather waste your time slitting the online throat of someone on your own side so you can puff your chest out and feel like a badass than do anything constructive about the situation.

As a trained biologist I've actively fought for common sense management of resources from pushing for wolf hunting out west to wild boar control closer to home. What have you ever done for us but run your mouth here?

I'm with ArcticLight on this one, I don't mind a few of them around. The culture here is far, far different from CA, as anyone with half a brain can tell, and several years after the cougar presence was acknowledged no one seems to give a damn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

People like you are one reason the greenies get so far. Here you'd rather waste your time slitting the online throat of someone on your own side so you can puff your chest out and feel like a badass than do anything constructive about the situation.</div></div>

Well, with the entire scope of my argument on this subject geared to NOT give the greenies any ground or ammunition to make any headway, (which is obvious to everyone EXCEPT you) it seems a little ironic that you blame anything on "people like me"....maybe you simply don't understand, or maybe you are the one attempting to puff a chest and be badass. How's that working for ya anyway?

As a trained biologist I've actively fought for common sense management of resources from pushing for wolf hunting out west to wild boar control closer to home. What have you ever done for us but run your mouth here?
</div></div>

Trained, really.....

If you were really a trained biologist, and with true conservation at heart, then you would FULLY understand what the greenies are willing to do with the courts and the votes to realize their agenda. IOW, you wouldn't be running <span style="font-style: italic">your</span> yap the way <span style="font-style: italic">you</span> are.

I'm with ArcticLight on this one, I don't mind a few of them around. The culture here is far, far different from CA, as anyone with half a brain can tell, and several years after the cougar presence was acknowledged no one seems to give a damn. </div></div>

Indiana, isn't it? Cornfields?

Nowhere close to the Blue Ridge, or Appalachia, or the Piedmont, or the Smokies, or the Shenandoah Valley, or the Pennsylvania Coal Fields, or the 'Dacks, or the Mohawk Valley, or the Alleghenies, or the Catskills, etc.

Get it?

So, just to clear up your position, based on your "argument", you are okay with hunters and sportsmen willingly promoting the "proof" that Cat's exist where they are not believed to exist; and you are okay with "greenie" groups using that "proof" to take states to court so that cougars and "cougar habitat" can be protected from the mean old human being....along the lines of the Spotted Owl, and such things as the California Condor?

Nope, never happen will it. The logging industry in the PNW never even felt a pinch did it. California hunters don't have to worry about buying non lead bullets, do they.

People like me huh....laffin' at ya dude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are cougars really that rare? You can have some of ours..... </div></div>

Even more rare are the black Jaguar that have been spotted in the Carolina's.

Everyone denies they exist but there are extensive sightings of them.

Cougars and Jags were hunted out of the US on the east of the mississipi many decades (a century) ago.

Cougars in the East are like Bigfoots in the West. If they are around, somebody would have hit them with their car by now and we wund have a carcass to prove it.
There are a few Drug gangsters, usually in NYC or Philadelphia, who think exotic pets like alligators and cougars and tigers are cool, and buy little ones in states that don't have laws against their propogation and sale and bring them home to the Gjetto Palace. When they grow up they release them. We have had several alligators and camen in the creeks around Philadelphia over the years, and even a couple exotic cats, still with collars, released into "The Wild' of pennsyvania, where they got run over or shot in somebody's back yard.
They are not there by migration, or natural reproduction.
But we sure do have coyotes everywhere now, the big ones with Wolf genes, right into Philadelphia.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cougars in the East are like Bigfoots in the West. If they are around, somebody would have hit them with their car by now and we wund have a carcass to prove it.
There are a few Drug gangsters, usually in NYC or Philadelphia, who think exotic pets like alligators and cougars and tigers are cool, and buy little ones in states that don't have laws against their propogation and sale and bring them home to the Gjetto Palace. When they grow up they release them. We have had several alligators and camen in the creeks around Philadelphia over the years, and even a couple exotic cats, still with collars, released into "The Wild' of pennsyvania, where they got run over or shot in somebody's back yard.
But we sure do have coyotes everywhere now, the big ones with Wolf genes, right into Philadelphia. </div></div>

I agree with you about that being "The most likely".

but you cannot say with any certainty there is no migration, unless you are a wildlife biologist that studies cougars for a living I'd have a hard time buying that one.

MonsterQuest did a lot of research, and in fact th ese cats existed in the 1800's, and were hunted to near extinction. That some survived or migrated is not unreal.

As for bigfoot, they just had a sighting, some kids filming themselves, they never even saw it until they got home and looked at the vid...my daughter lives in bigfoot territory - firmly believe based on all of the local sightings..

PA DNR says the same thing, PA hikers and hunters have reported them for years and the DNR says that they're just mistaking them for bobcats.

If the hunting regs in your state don't have anything in there saying that you CANNOT kill it, then there's no grounds to prosecute for killing one.

Just like housecats and dogs are not in the PA DNR hunting regs, you can kill either one of them and they don't do squat.

I've never seen a PA mountain lion, but I know several highly credible people that have seen them on numerous occasions. One in particular had prints in the dirt around his horse barn and marks from the cat trying to figure out a way in the building. It made perfect sense why the horses were going crazy that night.

Like was said above...

Shot, shovel, shut-it.

If you want to mount it, go for it. No regs on it mean nobody can prosecute you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cougars in the East are like Bigfoots in the West. If they are around, somebody would have hit them with their car by now and we wund have a carcass to prove it.
But we sure do have coyotes everywhere now, the big ones with Wolf genes, right into Philadelphia. </div></div>

I agree with you about that being "The most likely".

but you cannot say with any certainty there is no migration, unless you are a wildlife biologist that studies cougars for a living I'd have a hard time buying that one.

MonsterQuest did a lot of research, and in fact th ese cats existed in the 1800's, and were hunted to near extinction. That some survived or migrated is not unreal.

As for bigfoot, they just had a sighting, some kids filming themselves, they never even saw it until they got home and looked at the vid...my daughter lives in bigfoot territory - firmly believe based on all of the local sightings.. </div></div>

Grizzly Bears were easily wiped out in California. Plains and Woods Bison, and Wolves, were extincted in the lower 48. Same with jaguars in the southwest. And nobody, ever, managed to shoot one and get a picture or a skin or drag it to a settlement?
No single cougar snuck from the Rocky Mountains across the Great Plains, The Missouri, Ohio, Mississippi, or St Lawrence Rivers, through a dozen states, to end up in PA or Ohio. Neither did one come from the Everglades to Ohio. Breeding populations of Coyotes are easily documented how they got to the Northeast. They were seen, encountered, shot, and run over all the way there. One animal would only indicate that a guy from Chicago, or Brooklyn tossed one out of his trunk when it got too big for the apartment. One, or two, or 4 doesn't make a successful population. They are doomed.
With a hundred years of often more that 1,000,000 hunters in the woods for deer season in Pa we would have gotten some Cougars on the lodgepole by now. Hasn't happened for over 100 years.
There are no surviving or naturally ocuring Cougars, or Wolves in the East. Period.
And there are no Bigfoots in the West or Northwest either. Period.

Much experience in the woods in WV. I do not believe they are there. There are not many counties wilds I have not explored in the muddy/snowy winters. I travel by foot when hunting as well. Lions will predate sheep/cattle. Even bears do. No sheep/calfs have been reported as lion kills that I know of. They are like Burger King for predators. Even if some of DNR were dishonest, I know several honest game wardens(most now ret'd) who spent much time trying to track down reports to find them... never a credible find.

I've never seen a bigfoot but plenty of people have.
That's neither here nor there tho.

I do agree the "Odds" are strange that the cats survived.
They are probably exotic pets that were released.

HOWEVER they do have them in Mexico, and thhey have been seen in Texas (Jags)...very well possible.

As for bigfoot, well still waiting for more photographic evidence on that one LOL or a body..

We're also beginning to get some bears around these parts.
Here's one I caught on my game camera the other day.

gWHrv.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're also beginning to get some bears around these parts.
Here's one I caught on my game camera the other day.

gWHrv.jpg
</div></div>
Yhat is clearly definative evidence of a thriving bear population. The discussion is ended. Case Closed.
Now they need special protection from the Federal Government, to insure their survival. Thanks, Thanks a lot.

No offense to the OP, but this is a topic that has been beaten to death here in Kentucky.

I have personally been out to investigate some of these 'sightings', and they turn out to be nothing more than an over fed house cat.

Most uninformed citizens have absolutely no idea on the actual feeding habits or size of a native Cougar! If there were one loose in the area there would be more than cats and dogs missing. There would be livestock missing on a massive scale.

Again, pictures are undeniable proof! With everyone owning cell phones with cameras these days ... why is it so hard to get a picture when people 'sight' these big cats?

Another reason I don't believe it ....

There are literally thousands of deer hunters in the woods every deer season. How is it that none of them are ever attacked, or you never hear of an ER visit by these hunters? As humans, our imaginations tend to run wild sometimes, and 90% of the time the story is extremely exaggerated in the telling or recollection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are literally thousands of deer hunters in the woods every deer season. How is it that none of them are ever attacked, or you never hear of an ER visit by these hunters? As humans, our imaginations tend to run wild sometimes, and 90% of the time the story is extremely exaggerated in the telling or recollection. </div></div>

That means there's a lot of deer for the cougar to feed on?

We have cougars here, I've seen one in my life.....ONE....and I'm out in the woods a LOT, whe tehr driving, walking, or hunting.

Never say never...that's all I'm saying...:)

No offense taken.
I have personlly seen a bear in Washington county 10 years ago.
Last year I saw a bobcat with a woodchuck by the back of it's neck in Coshocton.
All three of us were surpised.
Game warden told me about several road kills he responded to.

The cougar report is just something I stumbled across.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are literally thousands of deer hunters in the woods every deer season. How is it that none of them are ever attacked, or you never hear of an ER visit by these hunters? As humans, our imaginations tend to run wild sometimes, and 90% of the time the story is extremely exaggerated in the telling or recollection. </div></div>

In the summer I am generally on foot and in the woods at least one day a week - winter a lot less but I am still out there. I've seen a lot of tracks - seen them as fresh as 10 minutes (based on the snow fall rate and depth of track) but I have never seen one. I will say this - I'm pretty sure they've seen me, and I am certain they have smelled me.

They ain't dumb...unless compelled to do so - there is no sense in f*ckin with an alert, full size adult human that doesn't smell good, stands upright, moves funny, and makes odd noises, i.e. doesn't really look like food; vs a four legged woods critter, a household pet, a child, or a woman (esp a menstruating woman).

Locally I know folks that have witnessed them come into an outlying residential area, jump into a 6' dog run, attack and kill a full grown German Shepard, and while holding it in its teeth - leap back out of the dog run on its way back to seclusion. They are amazing creatures.

On another note - I think I saw a blurb about a reported Grizzly sighting in Western WA last week. Another majestic creature.

Good luck

A few panthers where released in a large wooded area which is a hunting club in my county in South East NC back in the 80's or 90's to help control the deer population I guess. I personally have seen 2 panthers while hunting. A black one back in 2002 and one that was tan (looked like a mountain lion) in 2004. Never heard of an attack on humans, and this area is heavily hunted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are literally thousands of deer hunters in the woods every deer season. How is it that none of them are ever attacked, or you never hear of an ER visit by these hunters? As humans, our imaginations tend to run wild sometimes, and 90% of the time the story is extremely exaggerated in the telling or recollection. </div></div>

That means there's a lot of deer for the cougar to feed on?

We have cougars here, I've seen one in my life.....ONE....and I'm out in the woods a LOT, whe tehr driving, walking, or hunting.

Never say never...that's all I'm saying...:) </div></div>

I can understand seeing Cougar in Washington state. We're talking about Ohio. There haven't been native cougar in the Midwest for well over 200 years that I know of.

All of the known / proven sightings of Cougar in the Midwest and Eastern US have been due to irresponsible owners. In all cases, these animals are declawed and fairly tame.