• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oigee scopes in WW2

micmacman

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2021
WV
i have several Oigee scopes , one predates WW1 small caliber , one was WW1 era , and another WW2 era , i know they were sporting scopes , but also know they were used by German Snipers as well , just how common plac was it to see sporting glass on military gear back in the day

thinking about doing a faux sniper with the WW2 era scope , i made a bad purchase at a gun show about 30 years ago , its a Erfurt Gew 98 that was converted to K98 configuration , but the thing ended up being a total bubba reserial job , i didnt know enough at the time to know better

since it was a bubba butcher i never felt right about trying to sell it , it head spaced great so i kept it as a shooter , great bore , and a great shooter , so i waas thinking about getting a set of repro high turrets and throwing the 3 post Oigee on it , i have a sniper k98 safety already, be a good winter project pretty inexpensive since i have the majority of parts

Reactions: ZG47A