• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns OK Boomer.............

What the boomer thinks effective dry fire is

Let's use a laser so we learn nothing about calling our shots based on where the sights were when the shot broke.

What effective dry fire really is

Gosh, anyone can give them self a title nowadays, can't they? Looking forward to seeing what gems you uncover in those videos.

Here's another tool that thinks old Claude is some high speed operator...

Why practice drawing from a holster? You don't you walk around town pointing just to the outside of everyone's left foot?

That's something else that struck me immediately about this fool.

Gosh, anyone can give them self a title nowadays, can't they? Looking forward to seeing what gems you uncover in those videos.

I typically fall asleep before the halfway mark.

I read a thread in the old doodieproject forum by some gal in Georgia who trolled the IDPA folks down there by using mag pouches that had the magazines facing bullets-out but otherwise complied with the letter of their rules. She says this Werner guy was some big wheel in IDPA and told her she couldn't, even after she pointed out that speedloader carriers accepted by IDPA stuck out from the belt even more. That's what led me to see who this guy was.

I just want to know where to buy his angry face, heart, and sideways glock fotay hand targets.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm a PRS rifle shooter, and Aussie, and I'm fairly confident I shoot handguns better than them. Except for the practical shooting explained video that 308pirate linked, he seems cool to hang with.

Reactions: 308pirate
Holy shit I just noticed the giant 1980's shot timer in the first video.....................LOL

I think this guy has his target audience figured out. It's not my cup of tea, and I doubt that most in the law enforcement or military communities would find much useful information from him.

Still, for guys who like to argue that revolvers are "just as good" as modern combat handguns regarding defense...or perhaps people who just bought their first handgun for defense last year...this is their champion.

I'd suggest to anyone in the "walk" phase that its time to find someone new.

Wait...you guys are running shot timers???

2xscjb.png

Do NOT use a holster, the range rules do not allow it, you're not qualified, and will probably shoot yourself.

Do NOT look around before standing, especially if (per scenario) some creep is sneking up on you to shoot you in the back of the head -- seeing that might give you a startle.

Do NOT use speed loader or strip. Your grandfather didn't need that gay ass shit.

DO pick up and pocket your brass immediately after reloading, to keep the range clean.

DO repeatedly, mechanically and consistently train yourself to run the slide after each and every shot, without transitioning to an "admin" phase of the exercise. Chicks dig training scars.

Die more often.

Since we’re obviously building a quick reference thread for all the top instructors, I’ll just add my nomination. Hopefully he makes it to the tippy top.

Reactions: 308pirate
Be aware that training classes for fudds to check emails and get online still exist.
I know opinions are like assholes here, and one of them is:

A 60yo boomer who has never owned a gun, and is stiff as a board and has no physical skills, training to put a hit on a 5 yard target in 5 seconds could be an actual challenge.

Is it good they are trying to learn, or bad that they could potentially fail the skill test ?

What ever happened to Voda ? The guy who used knives to stab targets at indoor shooting ranges ?

DO repeatedly, mechanically and consistently train yourself to run the slide after each and every shot, without transitioning to an "admin" phase of the exercise. Chicks dig training scars.

LOL

Constantly cocking a pistol to get a trigger press is a sure sign that someone doesn't understand how to use dry fire to train.

And what is even the point of re-enacting a gunfight that happened decades ago, particularly when half the people in it used complete shit tactics? What is to be learned?

^ Those two made .22LR revolver man look pretty damn awesome.

Old boy forgot to yell "Spetsnaz!" as he rolled out of the truck.

I was holding my breath waiting for dipshit to put a round into his $60000 pickup truck.

I liked how his tan pistol turned into a black Glock by going from the driver side to the passenger side.

Now, I'm not an expert on fighting from within and around vehicles but my intuition tells me that everything homeboy did in the first video would likely get you killed.

1626398665898.png

If you're in a gunfight and you find yourself on your back facing away from the threat with your firearm on the ground behind you....that's not good...

I was waiting for the second one to put a round through his left hand :oops:

I think I am getting good enough, I am going to try with my rifle. OAF!!!!!!!! My neighbors are all watching. They must be impressed by how clean my dry fire is. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: