• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ok buying seekins

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
have an MTU(m24) contour barrel. what height rings will I need to keep the 50mm objective of my nightforce at adequate height above the barrel? I'll go ahead and buy the 4 screw 30mm rings.

Re: Ok buying seekins

The medium high rings is what I use and it works well for the 50mm nightforce on a factory 700 sps. Gives just enoguh clearance to fit butler creek caps or the bikini cover.

hmm..... well I have a huge barrel. it's an MTU contour BLANK and was cut to 22 inches. so it's basically like an 8.5 contour since it was 30 inches long when it first arrived. It's almost flat taper but not quite.

ok order placed with liberty optics. w00t. no more silly PRI base and TPS rings(that I fucked up. These actually were nice, but I couldn't find any TPS bases to go with it so....)

You know what stucks about Seekins rings?

Their rings are so well designed that you will be addicted to them forever.

seekins could charge two hundred dollars for his rings, and i would still have no problem buying them. they are that nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdd614</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seekins could charge two hundred dollars for his rings, and i would still have no problem buying them. they are that nice. </div></div>

You don't say??? Hmmmmm
grin.gif

^^^you are doing good because you're not price gouging like most other suppliers, but I wouldn't blame you if you did
smile.gif

Two Questions. Which would you chose the 4 or the 6 screw rings? Also what do you think about there bases for a Remington 700?

someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think the six screw rings are offered anymore. all glen seekins stuff is top notch, bases included.

lol. well just ordered from libertyOptics. hopefully it gets here before saturday so I can find someone who knows more than I do to help me install them because I really did a monkey job on the pri base and tps rings. What's the general consensus on installing a scope base? you don't HAVE to bed it do you?

Hey, PDD614 don't give them any ideas :p !!! Their rings and at those prices are unbeatable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's not doing the 6 screw any more
</div></div>Correct and that is straight from Glen himself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's not doing the 6 screw any more
</div></div>Correct and that is straight from Glen himself. </div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1119587#Post1119587

You were saying?????????