• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ok Dilemma. what stock should i get

daltexmex

Sergeant
Minuteman
1. AICS 1.5 or 2.0
2. Mcmillan A4 or A5
3. McCree Tactical Stock the Tmag version 130

What do you guys think? I mean if you were going to build one for shooting and tacti-cool applications.

Re: ok delima. what stock should i get

I chose the AICS 1.5 because it fit my mits.
It should be a decision based on how it fits you-primarily

Everyone is going to have there favorites, and what works best for them.

For me, it's the McRee..

Don't forget our friends at Manners ... they have some cool stuff this year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at Manners, they are ok but the 3 stocks i named just look so much cooler. </div></div>

Coolness has absolutely nothing to do with function. The "real" misson is to find a stock that actually fits you, and your shooting style, and your shooting discipline, and actually functions in the field, not the stock that fits your self image as a "shooter".

Now the AICS you have listed is wonderful shooting kit, and very cost effective, considering it needs no bedding, and has the DBM built in, and is rigid as an I beam. But at nearly 6 lbs all by it's lonesome, it's a heavy soma bitch to hump around any great distance, unless your SOCOM ready, or like to participate in the Marque De Sade school of shooting abuse.

And if you ever had to shoot one off-hand, or drag it through alders, briers, or up a mountain side, you'll quickly realize, that the AICS is great for somethings, and not so great for other things. None of this is a disparagement on the excellent design and utility of the AICS chassis. Handy and lightweight are however, not among it's attributes, nor should they be.

Which is why folks like McMillan and Manners sell a bunch of rugged and lightweight glass rifle stocks.

In short, you maybe the envy of your buddies when you pull your tacticool stuff out of the safe, but if you can't hit shit with it, or lack the ability to actually hump it further than 100 yds, you'll look like a fool when you actually go try to shoot the damn thing.

Yea, but looking cool is so much more important....
cool.gif

IMHO, YMMV......

I am preparing to purchase an AI. So, I would be partial to the AICS 2.0. However, it fits me. My other preferences would be Manners and then McMillan.

If you can try each one and see which fits you BETTER (more natural, comfortable, etc.). That will be the BEST stock for you to go with.

Im with BobinNC on this one, cool looking doesn't mean shit if your gonna use it, get what fits.

Aesthetics may be of some importance to you ...
Ergonomics should be at the top of the list ...
But out of curiosity ... what do you see in an A5 that you don't see in a T4?
Just curious?
If its looks ... Manners has this guy with a magic wand and there are pics to prove it here ...
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=882440#Post882440
Large doses of aesthetics to be found when clicking here ... !
I don't work for Tom but I have found his stocks to be superb.

A4. I love mine. Just tighten the screws down if you get the saddle cheek piece

I have owned a few AICS and still do, they are nice but heavy.

I'd lean A3-5 if it were me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at Manners, they are ok but the 3 stocks i named just look so much cooler. </div></div>

The reticle on the counter sniper looks cool as well (well, maybe not) but you won't see me buying one.

On a constructive note...You need to find some members of the hide that are in your area (There should be plenty in Dallas) and figure out if you can get some time behind the three you mentioned. Then shoot a couple you didn't mention like Manners. I personally think the McRees stock is a finalist for ugliest rifle stock, but it is well made and I was in absolute amazement the first time I shot one. Your logic will work the day LL starts giving out a prize at comps for the "sweetest looking stick".

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your logic will work the day LL starts giving out a prize at comps for the "sweetest looking stick".</div></div>

...then Shankster will unzip his pants and it will just get weird...

Re: ok Dilemma. what stock should i get

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. AICS 1.5 or 2.0
2. Mcmillan A4 or A5
3. McCree Tactical Stock the Tmag version 130

What do you guys think? I mean if you were going to build one for shooting and tacti-cool applications. </div></div>

Just to add to the mix...Saber-Forsst. YOU really should take a look.

If you want a folder go with the 2.0 other than that the Manners T4A is a great way to go.