• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors OK, got the Springfield in today, question...

Peepaw

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2010
Pearland, TX USA
OK guys, as some of you know, I bought a Springfield Mil-Spec couple days ago online, and just went down to pick up from FFL today. Plan on taking her out tomorrow and see what we can do, here are couple pics of her (question below pics)

DSCN2022.jpg

DSCN2020.jpg

The ILS......when in storage, any benefit to leaving it locked? Or unlocked?

Re: OK, got the Springfield in today, question...

No need to ever lock it. It is a legal safeguard...that's about it.

Josh

You will love it! You can actually change out the mainspring housing easily enough if you wanted to do away with the ILS, or just wanted a closer replica of the 1911. I installed a flat MSH on one of mine, and it lightened the trigger pull a bit, too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No need to ever lock it. It is a legal safeguard...that's about it.

Josh </div></div>

Ah, ok. Thanks. Wasn't sure, sinc the argument about "leaving hammer cocked, long term" argument. Some say is harmful to leave cocked, some say no, blah blah blah. Just was not sur eon teh ILS.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ecdbcd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will love it! You can actually change out the mainspring housing easily enough if you wanted to do away with the ILS, or just wanted a closer replica of the 1911. I installed a flat MSH on one of mine, and it lightened the trigger pull a bit, too. </div></div>

Yep, was reading owners manual last night, describing on how to remove it. for right now, will just let her ride out with it there. Maybe one day in future will do away with her, but right now, not messing with it.
Thanks

Leaving the hammer cocked won't hurt anything and remove the ILS. It's a problem waiting to happen...

I dont lock mine thats what the safe and holsters are for.