• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ok, new stock from McMillans

Dick D

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2002
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks
We were going to save this for the SHOT SHOW but just in case you havn't turned your wish list in to Santa yet, We have just about finished a new mold for an M40A1 stock for the CZ-452-453-455 series rifles. You are asking Tom to make a T4 so we though we would make this one. Probably call it the M40A22 or something like that. Any suggestions? It will be the textured model rather than the plain since the few people I asked preferred that for a field stock. We will probably be able to fit some of the other 22's like the Anschutz 1700 and 64 series into it also. Maybe even the Win 52 and Rem. 37's. Mold should be ready first week in January. Price the same as all the other hunting stocks.
Happy Holidays

Re: Ok, new stock from McMillans

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We were going to save this for the SHOT SHOW but just in case you havn't turned your wish list in to Santa yet, We have just about finished a new mold for an M40A1 stock for the CZ-452-453-455 series rifles. You are asking Tom to make a T4 so we though we would make this one. Probably call it the M40A22 or something like that. Any suggestions? It will be the textured model rather than the plain since the few people I asked preferred that for a field stock. We will probably be able to fit some of the other 22's like the Anschutz 1700 and 64 series into it also. Maybe even the Win 52 and Rem. 37's. Mold should be ready first week in January. Price the same as all the other hunting stocks.
Happy Holidays </div></div>
Ive been waiting for this one. The M40a1 stock for the cz452 will be awesome. I am in for one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any work on the price or best estimate? </div></div>
Same as other hunting stocks, read the whole post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any work on the price or best estimate? </div></div>
Same as other hunting stocks, read the whole post.</div></div>

You know your right I didnt read the whole thing. That being said sarcasm will get you nowhere.

I vote textured, and now I can't decide whether to turn my Sako or my CZ into a full-blown trainer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We were going to save this for the SHOT SHOW but just in case you havn't turned your wish list in to Santa yet, We have just about finished a new mold for an M40A1 stock for the CZ-452-453-455 series rifles. You are asking Tom to make a T4 so we though we would make this one. Probably call it the M40A22 or something like that. Any suggestions? It will be the textured model rather than the plain since the few people I asked preferred that for a field stock. We will probably be able to fit some of the other 22's like the Anschutz 1700 and 64 series into it also. Maybe even the Win 52 and Rem. 37's. Mold should be ready first week in January. Price the same as all the other hunting stocks.
Happy Holidays </div></div>
Hey Dick,

Do you think that this new stock would fit a <span style="font-style: italic">Kimber Model 82A, 82B or 82C Repeater</span>? If McMillan is interested and needs a rifle as a test bed I might be persuaded to send one of my babies up. Just let me know. TIA.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagayos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw the CZ. Make one available for the KIDD Supergrade receiver. </div></div>

Thats what we need more 10/22 accessories ....not

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagayos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw the CZ. Make one available for the KIDD Supergrade receiver. </div></div>

Thats what we need more 10/22 accessories ....not </div></div>

+1 lol

One for Savage MKII would be sweet though!

Actually the Ruger 77/22 market is bigger!

Any chance thses could/would be inletted for a left handed CZ action ???

No, this stock will not fit any of the Kimber 82 series rifles.
We have never inletted or provided any stocks for the Kimbers because they require a deeper stock thru the action area than any stock design we have ever had. Most stocks for actions that use a floorplate have a slant on the bottom, about 3 to 4 degrees up to the front. The Kimbers requre a stock that is about flat on the bottom, with about the same depth at the front guard screw area as in the trigger area. So, we have no programming for them and I doubt anyone of you want to foot the $600 to $800 to have some prints made and CNC programming written for one just to find out that we can't make then fit in a stock properly. If you want a flat-top stock to try it yourself then I can help with that, but I am pretty sure they will not work.

On the other question, CZ makes a Left Hand .22??? We have never seen one, but if they are pretty much a mirror image of a right hand then programming should be no problem and they should fit the stock o.k.
No, these stocks will not take the 77/22 rifles.

The Savage 93 rimfires will work just fine in the standard M40A1 stock. I have both a .22 mag and a .17 HMR in one and they look fine. We have to have your rifle sent in for fitting as there are two different series of receivers out there and we have only the old series in house. We have to use a different trigger guard, the Anschutz 64 type we make and sell for $36 (the factory plastic one will just not fit), and we cut a little curve out of one end of the plate over the magazine slot to clear the new trigger guard which comes up to the guard screw. Mine are both in Forest Camo and have the .6 brown pad and look just like an M40A1. No, I did not spend the money to put Wichita loops on them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Savage 93 rimfires will work just fine in the standard M40A1 stock. I have both a .22 mag and a .17 HMR in one and they look fine. We have to have your rifle sent in for fitting as there are two different series of receivers out there and we have only the old series in house. We have to use a different trigger guard, the Anschutz 64 type we make and sell for $36 (the factory plastic one will just not fit), and we cut a little curve out of one end of the plate over the magazine slot to clear the new trigger guard which comes up to the guard screw. Mine are both in Forest Camo and have the .6 brown pad and look just like an M40A1. No, I did not spend the money to put Wichita loops on them. </div></div>

Does this include the Savage Mark II series?
Thanks.

Dick,

Do you have any pics of the Savage 93 in the M40A1? Would love to see what they look like!! I thought the only stock you guys offered for the 93's were the rimfire magnum varmint! Might have to dump my SSS MTR stock?

Thanks

Dick, they have made a CZ452 in lkefthanded in the past. Their current web site says they have been discontinued and replaced b the CZ455, but Im not sure they make a lefty version of that. But Im interested in that type of a project. So I'll research and contact you all if its possible. thanks

4th, possibly 5th for a 77/22.

Its the only modern 22 action that's sized appropriately, hence why its my trainer.

MARKET DEMANDS *AFTERMARKET* STOCK FOR 77/22

Dick,
I know the 453 standard and Varmint have 2 set screws and would therefore be better suited for accuracy over the single set screw of the 452. What is McM's plan for that. I am leaning towards a 452 but dont want to sacrifice potential accuracy just to save a few bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sobrbiker,
Sorry, but no. The 1700 series will not fit any of our centerfire stock designs. </div></div>

Bummer. I had my hopes up since the McM Anschutz stock fits both R700's and Annies that the A series would work too....

-at least the "gotta have" list hasn't grown yet today....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ida83704</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Savage 93 rimfires will work just fine in the standard M40A1 stock. I have both a .22 mag and a .17 HMR in one and they look fine. We have to have your rifle sent in for fitting as there are two different series of receivers out there and we have only the old series in house. We have to use a different trigger guard, the Anschutz 64 type we make and sell for $36 (the factory plastic one will just not fit), and we cut a little curve out of one end of the plate over the magazine slot to clear the new trigger guard which comes up to the guard screw. Mine are both in Forest Camo and have the .6 brown pad and look just like an M40A1. No, I did not spend the money to put Wichita loops on them. </div></div>

Does this include the Savage Mark II series?
Thanks. </div></div>
+1 waiting for a reply.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> No, this stock will not fit any of the Kimber 82 series rifles.
We have never inletted or provided any stocks for the Kimbers because they require a deeper stock thru the action area than any stock design we have ever had. Most stocks for actions that use a floorplate have a slant on the bottom, about 3 to 4 degrees up to the front. The Kimbers requre a stock that is about flat on the bottom, with about the same depth at the front guard screw area as in the trigger area. So, we have no programming for them and I doubt anyone of you want to foot the $600 to $800 to have some prints made and CNC programming written for one just to find out that we can't make then fit in a stock properly. If you want a flat-top stock to try it yourself then I can help with that, but I am pretty sure they will not work.</div></div>
Thanks for the informative reply Dick - I always wanted a fiberglass stock for one of my old Kimbers and now understand the physics of why one was never made.
frown.gif

Wood stocks are beautiful but synthetics are more practical and durable. I'll just have to steel my resolve in my wait for the Repeater versions of the Skunkworks Model 605 and Predator 25X RF.

Keith

Hey DICK- dont ignore the 77/22 crowd!

Any new McMillan stocks inletted for rimfires is a step in the right direction. I haven't looked into it, but I would like to get my Annie 1517 into some sort of adjustable McM stock in the future.

That McM rimfire varmint stock looks like identical to the wood stock on my Anschutz 64mpr.

Yup, seen the Magnum Rimfire Varmint, but an A-3,4 or 5 for the 77/22 would be much more desirable.

IBA takes a standard HTG and cuts some off the top. Then inletts it for a 77/22. Wonder where they get those HTG's from?

You would think with a company full of stock makers and stock designers, McMillan would realize this and make a scaled down HTG and A5 specifically for the 77/22. But nope. Their market research guy should be fired.

That's why when I saw the potential in the Sako Quad, I contacted Tom Manners and had him build the first prototype. Those sold really well.

There's a lot of hints in this thread as to what consumers really want. The Magnum Varmint is not it...

sobrbiker,

We don't have an adjustable RMV stock, you'd have to put a karsten c/p on it or somethin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You would think with a company full of stock makers and stock designers, McMillan would realize this and make a scaled down HTG and A5 specifically for the 77/22. But nope. Their market research guy should be fired.
</div></div>

So you are in the stockbuilding business? Maybe you should offer McMillan your services in market research. Why don't you contact them rather than run them down in an open forum.

I am glad to see McMillan offering more choices for the trainer rifle no matter the model. Keep up the good work.

Hello Mr. Davis, will the new stock be able to fit the Anschutz 1500 series. I believe they are built on a 64 action? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Noone's looked at the McM Magnum Rimfire Varmint?
Scroll down to the bottom of this page:
http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-hunting-stock-list.php?subnav=branch2j
</div></div>

So, does "Magnum" mean it's for the 77/22 mag or .17HMR, or is it for the shorter 77/22?

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
Why don't you contact them rather than run them down in an open forum.
</div></div>
They've been contacted. Numerous times. Over many years.

The fact is they are losing market share to Manners. Case in point, they are only interested in pursuing this project after Manners has announced taken it up.

I guess if we want McMillan to produce 77/22 tactical trainer stocks, we should stop asking them and just get Manners to produce one...which strikes me as sad.

Well, let me respond to a bunch of questions in one post:

The standard 452 rifles have one center guard screw. The 452 "American" has two guard screws, and so does the 453 rifles.
We inlet for all three.

So far we do not have inletting for the Savage Mk II rifles. Frankly no one has ever asked us for a stock for one so I have never bought a shop rifle. If someone has a new "E" series one and will send it in I will see what it will fit. If it is not too far off from the 93 it may go into any of the Remington design tactical stocks like the 93 will.

We inlet for the 77/22 in .22LR, the mags and the Hornet. Actually the inletting is the same for the standard .22 and the .22 mags. I have my 77/22 Hornet in the RMV.

No adjustable cheekpiece for the MMV. And yes, this stock is based on the Annie MPR stock. We modified the rear tang a bit to take several different actions and added texture to the pistol grip. We had a lot of people asking us for a good stiff field varmint stock for the various annies and this seemed a good place to start.

We have been inletting for the Sako Quad and Sako Finnfire for several years. We do a lot of the adj. A-5's for the Quad, and I have my Finnfire in a standard M40A1 stock and it fit's just fine.

Yes, the new M40A22 stock should take the Annie 1500 series. We will find out when we get some stocks made to play with.

I'm in for one...when will it be available?

CMS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Noone's looked at the McM Magnum Rimfire Varmint?
Scroll down to the bottom of this page:
http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-hunting-stock-list.php?subnav=branch2j

Hey Dick-can an adjustable cheekpiece be put in the MRV?
</div></div>

I did.

695585.jpg

CascadeClassicRHSide8inch72dpi.jpg

rimfireMag_lg.jpg

Volquartzen, Richards, and McMillan essentially make the same stock for the 77/22...

Will there be a group buy price on these. A special cheaper than normal price.
grin.gif

If so then I am in. I just gotta get me a rifle on order. After of course I sell my Ruger 22lr pistol.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
Why don't you contact them rather than run them down in an open forum.
</div></div>
They've been contacted. Numerous times. Over many years.

The fact is they are losing market share to Manners. Case in point, they are only interested in pursuing this project after Manners has announced taken it up.

I guess if we want McMillan to produce 77/22 tactical trainer stocks, we should stop asking them and just get Manners to produce one...which strikes me as sad. </div></div>

Boy the Air Force is a little bitter today
wink.gif

Aim High Jack :lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrDeath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually the Ruger 77/22 market is bigger! </div></div>

That would be nice

I have to join the +1 group for the 77/22, have a couple and really like them, I just ordered a McMillian Rimfire Magnum (McSwirley) for a new 17 mach II I'm putting together. There is little to no stocks out there for the 77/22's. Can't wait to get this one here and put together

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
While I agree with you, McMillan did not copy manners and only decide to make a stock for the cz after them. I remember calling McMillan a few months back asking if they could inlet anything for the CZ, and was told that they were working on it, they didn't specify which stock but they said "were working on one". Just because Manners posted on the Hide about it first doesn't mean they were the first to get the ball rolling on a 452 stock.