• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OK Now I'm a Quader and It's time to buy a barrel

donws2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2008
Mountain Rest, South Carolina
I'm going to put a Lilja barrel in the first Quad I mod. I've contacted Dan Stith about his stocks and ordered some bits from Rimfire Tecnologies. I need a 22LR barrel and found that Whittaker Guns only has factory lite barrels. Does any other companies carry the Lilja barrels as a stocked item? If so do any have them in stock? I've emailed Lilja and called but think they may be a Camp Perry so I'm not sure when I'll hear from them. Donald

Re: OK Now I'm a Quader and It's time to buy a barrel

Oh Don, so it begins! I'll be looking forward to some targets when your project comes together. I noticed that Stith has an aluminum bedding block for his Quad stock. Should be interesting. Regards

The stith gun is going to be a full on BR rig. That was my first plan anyway. After seeing the nice set ups here I desided to buy two of the Quads so I can do something along the lines of a trainer. I don't have the cash on hand to tackle both and I really need a Good honest BR 22 so that's the first project.

I did hear by emai from Lilja. They do have some barrels in stock. I've wrote back and am waiting again for a reply. I believe the Eley EPS is susposed to like the 16 twist barrels but they have a tight bore and a standard bore so not sure which way to go now.

Good luck on Stith, I ordered a stock a year or so ago. Was promised it'll ship yadda yadda and never happened.

MP did you prepay or was it pay when finished. I offered to pay up front so I'd like to know if that's a bad idea. Donald

Yeah I offered to pay upfront but he said to wait. Then 2 weeks excuse or i'm at a match this week it's done and will let you know when I get back etc etc.

I'm not out anything but lesson learned.

That's the first neg that I've ever heard about Don S. In fact he is so helpful that if I go with wood for my 40X build it will be with one of his stocks.

KAZ I Agree, I've had a grat time by email. He's been very helpful and provided some good advice. Donald

I've had the same experience until the promises started. Hopefully, it works out different for you. He's got awesome stocks BTW. I'll email him today (he may not remember) to see what's up.

I'm glad that you are going to contact him MP. I believe that he will feel bad that the ball was dropped. Regards