• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ok so I have to ask....

Togeneral99

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2010
Lynchburg, Virginia
Has anyone built, heard of a build, or seen a build using a remington 770 reciever?
I'm just curious as to whether these ARE complete junk or not?

Re: Ok so I have to ask....

My Son-in-Law's buddy just had three 770 misfires in a row yesterday, cost him a Doe. The primers showed extremely light hits. The fourth round actually fired; but the doe was already at full throttle.

I advised him to soak the bolt in kero overnight, dryfire it plenty, then flush it out with brake cleaner. Gun was bought used, performed perfectly at sight-in a few weeks ago. No real idea about what caused it or whether the above regimen is a solution, but as an immediate action response, it's probably a good start. If no joy, a bolt disassembly would be next, to determine the problem with incosistent firing pin protrusion.

The 770 is probably the very last action I'd choose as a build-donor. If you want cheap and good, try the Stevens 200.

Greg

I believe the barrel is press fit into the receiver. As greg stated have fun with it but the 770 would be the last receiver I'd chose to build on.

Thanks for the info guys
I didn't know the barrels were pressed in I can't imagine that makes them very accurate or easy to work on!

China mart gun made exclusively originally for deal worked out with the Wally world empire. CHeap gun in more ways than one. but you can still have some fun with it. or end up giving it to a new young shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pure_mahem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">China mart gun made exclusively originally for deal worked out with the Wally world empire. CHeap gun in more ways than one. but you can still have some fun with it. or end up giving it to a new young shooter. </div></div>

pure mahem,

There are no young shooters I hate well enough to give them one of those POS. But then again I've not met them all........

Bob