• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Okay for an entry level 10/22 Scope???

Re: Okay for an entry level 10/22 Scope???

Thanks hydro556. I agree w/the Nikon, if I can find a used one as well. You, def got a deal on yours.

Looks kind of a like a Leupold mark 4 clone? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Don't knock it till you try it. I bought a BSA Sweet 22 for my Annie, 6-18x40mm.The turrets are spot on with a zero at 50yrds when I went to 100yrds. Glass is typical BSA. Not great, but for $69.99 at Midway a couple of weeks ago. This is hard to beat. This will serve my purpose until I decide what I really want. With said scope I shot a 1192 out of 1200 in 50/100 yrds prone match.

I hope this helps. By the way, everywhere else the scope is 129.99.

Eddie.

Keep in mind that depending on what you are doing with a .22LR you may be doing ALOT of cranking on the elevation knob.

Cheap scopes usually cheap out on the adjustment hardware and are not as repeatable as mid-level scopes.

I have a $70 CenterPoint on my Savage MkII and will not be surprised when it dies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't knock it till you try it.

Eddie. </div></div>

I was not knocking it just making an observation about the scope's outward appearance.

Just the same as sightmarks 3-9 scope that looks like a super sniper clone in appearance. That's all.

If the scope tracks well, glass is clear, has lots of elevation adjustment, and scope is durable and dependable then that would be a great buy.

Can you see the target?

Can you hit the target?

Can you hit it again?

Jeez, Louise, Boy; that ain't the Shuttle <span style="font-style: italic">Discovery</span> you're strappin' that sucker onto...

'Nuff said.

Greg

Greg, I agree with you 100%, however, before I bought the scope to see the target, hit the target and lastly hit it again, I was looking for some insight on the scope. No need to purchase it if fellow Hide members have negative info on it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't knock it till you try it. I bought a BSA Sweet 22 for my Annie, 6-18x40mm.The turrets are spot on with a zero at 50yrds when I went to 100yrds. Glass is typical BSA. Not great, but for $69.99 at Midway a couple of weeks ago. This is hard to beat. This will serve my purpose until I decide what I really want. With said scope I shot a 1192 out of 1200 in 50/100 yrds prone match.

I hope this helps. By the way, everywhere else the scope is 129.99.

Eddie. </div></div>

I have the same scope, but the 2-7x model. I have had it out twice so far and it is very repeatable, and I am very happy for the price I paid for it ($64, bought at Gander Mtn, price matched to MC Sports)

I've got a Mueller, all the boys over at rimfirecentral.com spoke highly and I decided to get one. Check them out, I've had no problems with mine.

I put Nikon's on mine, pretty dag-gone good glass, relatively cheap and lifetime warranty...just sayin...

OK; I have no problems accepting your logic.

My choice is the Tasco VAR624X42M 6-24X variable, 1" tube, covered 1/4MOA target Knobs, 42mm AO focusing down to 15yd, MilDot ranging at 10X, retails around $80 from many sources, some even cheaper. Around 75MOA of vertical adjustment available, it's what I have on my accurized 10/22, and with some adjustment of base angle it's pretty much all available. Performs like a scope that costs several times its price, my four have held up well for 2 1/2 years on everything from 22's to a lightweight .30-'06, to my .260 1Kyd F Class comp rifle. Brightness issues at low light but otherwise, I like 'em.

One member here has reported 'problems' of an unspecified nature with the 2.5-10X version of this scope.

Asked for particulars but if there was a response, I've managed to miss it.

I've seen my share of Tasco scopes that wouldn't track true at all, and the glass was pretty much unusable. Not that I don't have some cheap scopes on .22's, I've seen some usable ones though.

I can understand the viewpoint.

Right now, what I can afford says Tasco on the box, and if I want to shoot, that's what I get to use. There's better and there's worse, and if this is what I have to cope with, I can cope well enough. Taking the long view, I still can't see where I'll be able to afford much better anytime I can envision, so I'll shut up now.

Greg

For that kind of money, why not try a Vortex. $100 should get you at the entry level scopes, maybe even less. They have a lifetime warranty. I have gone to their shop and it seems as though they have got a nice racket going. Thats my opinion(and what I own now).

Greg, thanks for the insight on the Tasco. That sort of info opens more doors for me. Thank you.

Semper Fi,

Ken

The cheap Tasco's have served me well for several months, I tried one when Greg mentioned it, I figured "what the hell, it's 55 bucks, and if it's not good I'll put it on something that I don't shoot"

I now own 3 of them. I used the first one to shoot a 22 to 200-400y this week. With the money I didn't spend I bought a case of 22 ammo.

Weaver Classic Extremes are on sale at Nanchez 2.5-10x50 or 56 they would work well.