• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Okay, what the fuck happened to Bruce Willis….

Jgunner

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 29, 2019
    Arizona
    Seriously. Used to love every movie he was in. Lately there is. A string of movies that are at best, B. He doesn’t even look like he is trying. Its like steven seagall in the 90’s.

Did my taste change, am I just off or am i not the only one….

Reactions: memtb
    Find the Kevin Smith talk about working with him. If he can alienate one of his biggest fans the way he has, he's likely done it to everyone he's worked with.

...All of Hollywood is turning out B grade trash right now...

They've all stopped putting any effort into films...from the acting, to the screenwriting, to the CGI...and they're all using "Covid" as the excuse.

And if you dare criticize the hot garbage they are making....it's because you are a racist, sexist, homophobe, alt right troll...and total not because the film just sucks.

Hollywood is a dumpster fire, ill give Bruce a pass. Smith is a dopy leftist, anything recent from Smith has been lackluster at best, same silly pot references, "Gods not real", Comic books are life ect ect ect...... Read through that article, sounds about how i would picture Smith directing..... "just go with it man 🚬"

Reactions: 308pirate
    I have it on good authority he's a really nice guy.

Can't say I've ever watched anything he was in that I would watch a second time.

Reactions: Maggot
    gets an age where they should all hang it up, not because they're bad guys, they're acting abilities just go to hell. Bruce, Silvestor, Robert Devall, to mention a few. Watched Robert Devall's "wild Horses" a couple weeks ago. Really really bad

Reactions: Jgunner
    I have it on good authority he's a really nice guy.

Can't say I've ever watched anything he was in that I would watch a second time.
    Moonlighting, where he got his start, was pretty good. He should have stopped there....back when Cybil was the hot one...

Probably wannabe directors and producers throwing a pile of cash at him, so they can get a big name in the film. They think it'll make them the next big time director.

I think it started with the RED movies. Not terrible, not great either. I tried to watch a Netflix movie he was in and it was terrible. I stopped about 20 minutes in. It was just another paycheck for him.
    It's a shame, because I kinda like the Die Hard movies, especially the first one.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
    Probably wannabe directors and producers throwing a pile of cash at him, so they can get a big name in the film. They think it'll make them the next big time director.
    Thats what i am thinking. Most of the other actors on these i have never heard of. They are “made for tv movies” only worse.

Reactions: kindabitey
    I think it started with the RED movies. Not terrible, not great either. I tried to watch a Netflix movie he was in and it was terrible. I stopped about 20 minutes in. It was just another paycheck for him.
    It's a shame, because I kinda like the Die Hard movies, especially the first one.

"Cosmic Sin" was a sin to watch. I kept watching it to see if it was really as bad as the first 20 minutes. .... it was

"Cosmic Sin" was a sin to watch. I kept watching it to see if it was really as bad as the first 20 minutes. .... it was
    This was the first. I am sure i stopped at the same point. It was really bad….

I have noticed the same thing. Some of his latest movies even give him top billing, yet have him in supporting roles. Hollywood being the trash heap it is, can't come up with hardly any good ideas these days, and having a big name like him is a draw. Pretty sure they are throwing money at him just to be in their films. He's probably done with serious acting, and taking the gigs just for the easy cash. Disappointing though, because I always liked him as an actor, and all reports I've seen have him being a straight up guy.

Reactions: Jgunner
    I have been a fan of Willis since Moonlighting. He had a feud with mega-pot-head-stoner Kevin Smith??? Lol, makes perfect sense to me......

Last I knew Bruce is pro 2A, so if he is making money in the land powdered-sugar-coated-doughnut-heads, good for him I say.....

I think after a while you realize that all actors pretty much suck and rely on one or a few signature expressions.

Tom Cruise- Smoldery stern yell for every line. I swear you can substitute "You can't handle the truth" into anything he ever said.

Tom Selleck- The 'stache. And, and "okey dokey" acceptance of the others' lines.

Bruce Willis- Squinty eyed delivery. Squinty eyed expression. Just a kind of "I think I remember what I am supposed to say, but give me a sec" look all the time.

Tom Hanks- Forrest Gump was his best role, because he could just be himself.

Kevin Hart- Manic leprechaun.

I mean, except for when Robin Williams played a serial killer, you know 'what' the character is going to be by who is playing the character.

I like the Die Hard movies, but actors gotta know when to hang it up. For example; Robert Deniro should have hung it up before Jackie Brown.

Found surviving the game on one of the streaming services. I said its got Willis in it, its got to be pretty good. Fuck me was I wrong, I made it about 15 minutes.

I think after a while you realize that all actors pretty much suck and rely on one or a few signature expressions.

Tom Cruise- Smoldery stern yell for every line. I swear you can substitute "You can't handle the truth" into anything he ever said.

Tom Selleck- The 'stache. And, and "okey dokey" acceptance of the others' lines.

Bruce Willis- Squinty eyed delivery. Squinty eyed expression. Just a kind of "I think I remember what I am supposed to say, but give me a sec" look all the time.

I mean, except for when Robin Williams played a serial killer, you know 'what' the character is going to be by who is playing the character.

I like the Die Hard movies, but actors gotta know when to hang it up. For example; Robert Deniro should have hung it up before Jackie Brown.
    I actually prefer an actor stay with the character they are good at. I want Jim Carry talking out of his ass, I don't need him in a serious roll.

there are very few, well trained, and talented actors...people who are actually acting....and not just playing a version of themselves in every movie.

essentially it boils down to :
    • Daniel Day Lewis
    • Hugh Laurie
    • Christian Bale
    • Joaquin Phoenix
    • Julianne Moore
    • Mia Khalifa
    not to say other actors cant make good films...or that i dont enjoy their movies...but they arent what ide call "skilled actors".

there are very few, well trained, and talented actors...people who are actually acting....and not just playing a version of themselves in every movie.

• Daniel Day Lewis
    • Hugh Laurie
    • Christian Bale
    • Joaquin Phoenix
    • Julianne Moore
    • Mia Khalifa
    not to say other actors cant make good films...or that i dont enjoy their movies...but they arent what ide call "skilled actors".
    Don't forget Gary Oldman. That dude is a damned chameleon.
    We need to find the Fountain of Youth for Harrison Ford to keep him going. And teach him how to land a plane...

Reactions: ...

• Daniel Day Lewis
    • Hugh Laurie
    • Christian Bale
    • Joaquin Phoenix
    • Julianne Moore
    • Mia Khalifa
    You forgot Vanessa Del Rio

• Haha
    Reactions: MJF
    Remember….. because YOU liked his movies does not mean they were good movies….he’s never had a “break out“ role as recognized by the academy, for instance Mel gibsons “brave heart“ that role pulled him off the B list onto the A list……

j7989i_GIF-123.gif

644a52cf8381e905ba5090867b245233.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-04-18-at-11.32.39-AM.png

s-l300.jpg

Wrong thread perhaps?

At least they're not all tatted up and flabby, but that's definitely not Bruce Willis.

Don't forget Gary Oldman. That dude is a damned chameleon.
    We need to find the Fountain of Youth for Harrison Ford to keep him going. And teach him how to land a plane...
    Gary Oldman is brilliant. Between his roles in The Fifth Element, Leon: The Professional, Harry Potter, and as Viktor Reznov in Call of Duty, you'd never think it was the same actor.

Even playing a typical wasteland villain with questionable planning skills in The Book of Eli, he does a great job of making his performance different from his other roles.

Gary Oldman is brilliant. Between his roles in The Fifth Element, Leon: The Professional, Harry Potter, and as Viktor Reznov in Call of Duty, you'd never think it was the same actor.

Even playing a typical wasteland villain with questionable planning skills in The Book of Eli, he does a great job of making his performance different from his other roles.
    Right? He doesn’t get credit where its due because people think he isn’t the same actor! He’s that fuckin good!!!

what do you want he's like 80 isn't he you are lucky he can even wake up in the morning look at joe people call that alive really ? that guy would not know where he was if not for all the secret service around him 24 /7 oh soup yea ..

i don't pay to see movies, so the last one i saw was deathwish, which wasn't terrible.

My point above about actors being the same character in different roles was not meant to be overly disparaging. I enjoy actors that play a certain role well. He may be polarizing, but I like Mark Walberg. Dwayne Johnson too. Both have wafer thin acting depth. Pain and Gain was amazing. I also enjoy actors that have depth.

But, Willis has been the same gritty, tough, bad boy with a golden heart for 30 plus years. Him and his character are just old.

They take some dumpster fire of a movie and throw a geezer in it so Boomers will go to the movies. My parents look at movies, no idea WTF any of them are but hey this one has Bruce Willis in it OK let's go see it.