• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Oklahoma buck

tcole75

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2017
Hollis Oklahoma
This is the first big buck I've shot in roughly 7 to 8 years. We have problems with our neighbors leasing their land out and the leasee tend to shoot anything that walks.

This was on opening day of rifle season. I went out with my brother and sat on some hay bales. The spot we went to hasn't ever been a good spot for big bucks but perfect for does.

Well we sat there spotting and chatting back and forth watching the does come and go. When out came this big guy chasing hard at 900 yards.

By the time I got my rifle set up and ready I couldnt see him anymore. I went to the other side of the hay bales expecting him to be gone.

As I looked around the hay bales h opequickly fading thinking hes gone or the shooting light will be gone before he shows back up.

He popped out of the grass 100 yards in front of me with 2 does. I dropped my rifle into the tripod slapped a mag in and the does stopped in their track. Which in turn made him stop.

Fired off the first round good hit in the heart. He ran about 20 yards and stopped getting ready to fall. I followed up with a second round just to be on the safe side with a double lung shot.

It was a great hunting season and I couldnt be happier on a side note thou berger 130 otm tacticals out of a 6.5 do not do enough damage at 100 yards.

Attachments

• 20191123_163956.jpg
    20191123_163956.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 82
  • received_787774311666365.jpeg
    received_787774311666365.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 20191123_163959.jpg
    20191123_163959.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 79
Good deer down. I try not to boast much about how big or plentiful Oklahoma bucks are because I don't want to encourage more hunters out here. ?

I popped a decent one this year myself, but had two bruisers regularly patrol the ranch during darkness. Maybe next year I can get one to step out during the day.

Well the plus side there's not much public land in my neck of the woods but its not often we get anything big on this side of the state. Their is to many people that lease their land and out and shoot the first thing they see. I wish more people would take does and let the young bucks grow.

Sorry, seems all of the male deer were killed off this year and there are no more trophies to hunt. Try Kansas or Missouri......

Wish someone would inform all the coonasses that all the deer in my state have been shot as well...

Reactions: Maxduty