• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OLD CCI BR-2 Primers Versus NEW CCI BR-2 primers

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
I have 1,000 of the old BR-2 Primers still ready to go. They are in the white and light blue boxes with the picture of the target with the dark square at the top and an imprinted rifle outline in the middle as opposed to the new primers that are shipped in the dark blue boxes. Is there any reason at all these primers should behave differently than the newer ones?

Re: OLD CCI BR-2 Primers Versus NEW CCI BR-2 primers

I have both varieties and I have used them for 308's and 30-06. I have not run them side by side over a chrono, but I have not seen a difference as they both shoot the same. No difference in my zero and no pressure problems were noticed.

I bought them mainly for BPCR's, but when my stash of FGMM primers got low, I started using them in my smokeless rifles and haven't looked back. I somehow misplaced 2000 of the baby blue box BR-2's and opened a case of the newer dark blue box one's before my dumbass really looked for the old one's. That is the only reason I have used them both.

That being said, I haven't seen a difference in the loads using them or standard Fed LR's either. I don't know that they are worth the extra $, but we got to get what we can get when we can get it.

My .02$