• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old Colt Revolver Value Website

Laser1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2009
The Great State of Texas
I'm helping a friend whose husband just passed. He has a couple of old colt revolvers that she will sell once probate is settled. Does anyone know of a website that will give me general values on these? One appears to be maybe a 1909 US Army marked 45 Colt. The other appears to be maybe a 1907 Brisbey in 41 Colt. The serial numbers are legible, and I will get those today. Thanks in advance for your help.

Pics and details and possibly moving to the vintage section will probably get you a pretty good ballpark

Reactions: camocorvette
But just to get ahead of it. Iffin you go to Colt’s webpage, and then to the services link on that page, you will find a serial number lookup for age. That will help you establish what generation the pistols are, and so on.

Reactions: stefan73 and Modoc
IMG_7119.jpg
IMG_7119.jpg

Its not a great picture, but it appears to be a 1903 Bisley Single Action Army. This is the one I am having a problem with finding a value. The one above is a M1917 produced in 1920. I did run the serial numbers through Colt. The "23" strike mark is of particular interest. The M1917 is a 45 cal. and the Bisley is 41 cal.

Attachments

• imagejpeg2.jpg
    imagejpeg2.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: camocorvette
I'm helping a friend whose husband just passed. He has a couple of old colt revolvers that she will sell once probate is settled. Does anyone know of a website that will give me general values on these? One appears to be maybe a 1909 US Army marked 45 Colt. The other appears to be maybe a 1907 Brisbey in 41 Colt. The serial numbers are legible, and I will get those today. Thanks in advance for your help.
The first thing you need to do is see if Colt can tell you where those were originally sold/shipped to.

Interesting part is after the letter data IMO. The 1917s were probably handed down to some guard units or other fed/state entity, and is where they likely acquired the “23” stamp. Probably just a rack number for that agency. Sadly a colt letter will never give you that info.

That Bisley looks fairly good, but the picture is hard to tell much from. Plenty of 41 Colt models have sold lately from my little digging. Putting a price on it is one thing, finding a buyer is another. Again, just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Modoc
Hey, Laser1... send me a PM with better picture and we can chat offline. One is an SAA Bisley. I have several. love them. The other is a New Service or a similar target model. Stamps are interesting. I'm a Colt guy... so can help you with ID and values, etc.

Also, for future... post stuff like this in Vintage. It's where you'll get the best 'old gun guys' helping!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Ps. Not target model. Front sight confused me when I glanced at photos. War finish 1917 and, yes, probably rack number. Still an interesting gun.

Last edited: