• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old(er) Guy coming back for more...

Shredder58

Team SPF
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2010
NC/VA
So, originally joined SH back in 2010 when organized long range matches were just getting off the ground in a big way. Jumped on the band wagon when PRS got started and travelled up and down the east coast shooting matches and learning all things long range. Got burned out after a few years and mostly left the long range game, turned my attention to USPSA as I figured it was finally time in life to focus on pistols and try to polish my skills in that area.

Recently, decided it was time to jump back into the long range game in some fashion, but not eager to drag out my big rifles and all that gear. So, looks like 2023 will be the year of DMR (what I call "long range lite") and 2-gun related DMR events. Going to shoot some matches that are gearing up, with divisions for Gas Gun Tactical (.223), and should provide a somewhat level playing field against .308 platforms, due to target ranges limited to only 600-700 yards. Sounds like fun!

Already have a new AR .223 platform built and scrambling to gather DOPE and put the finishing touches on that to be ready for the first match of the DMR season. Got a good deal on a nice DMR type scope from a fellow SH member and remember why I liked being a member. Members on this site tend to give each other a fair shake and are generally happy to share their knowledge and resources with other members. Hope to see some of you out on the range!