• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

old gun with fresh new look! ruger 10/22

Manzgear

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
Roundup, MT
I recently upgraded my fathers ruger 10/22 with an Adams & bentz
18inch barrel that I bought from another member and a hogue overmold stock- Also recently had a trigger job done on it by a gunsmith name Richard Lague in the great state of Maine. Trigger was 5.2lbs and is now 1.9lbs- I haven't shot the rifle since the new barrel but I can tell you the trigger is great.. here are some pics....

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

yes and I had an extra Zeiss 3x9x40 conquest I wasnt using so dad elected to upgrade his scope by taking mine...Oh well
so a rifle that started out costing $225 is now at
$100 trigger job, $65 stock upgrade, $65 for barrel from another hide member, and yeah my $500 Zeiss-
Dad lucked out...going to shoot this tomorrow
will let you know how she does...

Re: old gun with fresh new look! ruger 10/22

I'm a big fan of the Hogue Overmolded stock on the 10/22. It makes a nice, lightweight package and you can get decent accuracy with it.

So now that you went out and shot it yesterday... What do you think of that Adams & Bentz barrel? We're waiting for a range report.

didnt shoot it yet. took dad fishing- going tomorrow for certain and I will have a range report for you guys. thanks for replying. I had this up and nobody responded....anyways I will have target pics up tomorrow night- I promise- and yes I like the feel of the hogue as it does lighten the rifle a bit- especially when you add the heavy barrel... any ideas of what kind of 22lr ammo works best in these barrels? I have a ammo box with almost all the 22lr ammo you could imagine.. i will bring what I can and try most of it..

I've never shot an Adams & Bentz barrel, so I can't really help on what it'll shoot best. But I can tell you that two identical rifles will usually perfer two different ammos. Every rifle has its own personality. It sounds like it's time to take out that box of ammo of yours, and send a little bit of everything through it to find which one it perfers. And that, sounds like a good day at the range to me.

I like it very much. It is amazing how much you can sink into the wonderful little 10/22.

I have two of them, one with the same stock that you have and one that is the factory mannlicher stock. Both of them have had re-worked triggers and modified bolt releases installed. Both were great improvements.

I noticed that my magazines were a little more difficult to drop out after installing the hogue stock. A little 600 grit sandpaper took care of that problem quickly.

I really like Wolf MT and Federal American Eagle ammo in my rifles.

Enjoy yours and most of all enjoy the time with your Dad.

Ok just got back from the range- Remington ammo did the best...
I had limited time and only shot two kinds but I am happy with the remington results. will post target in a little bit..

ok so heres one target- the middle shots are from CCI ammo and those dont group at all.....the bottom right is remington from the box of 550 - they grouped well- I dont understand why there were two fliers- only one round sounded light like it was not loaded like the rest... there is one more group I shot after but I put it in a video on youtube- are we allowed to put links in so you can look at the video?

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg