• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old Guy Low Post Count and Confused About For Sale Postings

LDHunter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2007
NW Florida Piney Woods
First I'll introduce myself.

I'm LDHunter (Long Distance Hunter) and have been handloading my own ammo for over 50 years now and I'm starting to consider myself a low grade amateur. LOL

I live in the panhandle of Florida and hunt whitetails on leased land.

Here's my question. I read in several places that you have to have 100 posts to post a for sale ad but I see people all the time with a post count significantly below 100 posts with for sale stuff in the optics section.

Here's an example. This guy has a whopping total of 3 posts and 2 of them are in this ad.

What am I missing? Do some people contribute to the site and then get to post before they have 100? Are they breaking the rules? Do they know a guy that knows a guy?

I always try to strictly abide by the rules anywhere I go but this perplexes me.

Thanks for reading my lengthy post and I will now go back to keeping my big mouth shut and learning from the Hide.

LDH

More than likely some older accounts had grandfathered in access during one of the migrations before the changes were put in place.