• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old guys rule...

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman

47 years old... retired Royal Marine Commando. Breaks world marathon record for both 80 lb and 100 lb pack... Carrying a 100 lb pack on a full marathon and finishing in 4 hours 47 minutes. That's 26 miles... with 100 pounds on his back. At age 47. 5 miles every hour. With 100 pounds on his back. At 47 years old.

Fuckin A bubbas. That's some hard core man shit right there.

Old guys rule!

Sirhr

I came home pissed as hell a few months ago after a big 3g match. I didn’t do very well and I was pretty ill about it. After talking about the match for a while with the Mrs, she started chuckling, then laughing. I wanted to know what was so damn funny. She said, “you had four green berets, a seal and two force recon guys on your squad, and you are pissed because you couldn’t run with them. You do realize that you are 60 now, right?” I need some help. Can some one pull that big ass knife out of my back? I’m not limber enough to reach it anymore! 🤣

My dad was a WWII Navy vet.
He was a real piece of shit in every way you can think of.
But, I have 2 very impressive memories of him.
1 - When I was about 4-5 years old, he put me on his shoulders at the beach, and then proceeded to swim out past the breakers, around a bit, and back in.
Note to those not knowing about the ocean in SoCal....the breakers start at least 100-150 yards off shore, so figure at least 1/4 mile with my maybe 50 pounds on his shoulders, swimming, in waves.
Not on my best day at my peak could I ever pull that off, and I'm a very good swimmer and open water certified diver.

2 - When he was about 60, he owned a fishing resort/RV park on the bank of the Sacramento river in NorCal by Red Bluff (if you know the area).
I watched him jump in the *about* 45-50 degree snow melt water, swim upstream against the current (5-7mph usually) about a mile, turn around and swim back.
Again, not on my best day....100 yards and I would have had hypothermia.

They just made em tough back then I guess ?

My dad was a WWII Navy vet.
He was a real piece of shit in every way you can think of.
But, I have 2 very impressive memories of him.
1 - When I was about 4-5 years old, he put me on his shoulders at the beach, and then proceeded to swim out past the breakers, around a bit, and back in.
Note to those not knowing about the ocean in SoCal....the breakers start at least 100-150 yards off shore, so figure at least 1/4 mile with my maybe 50 pounds on his shoulders, swimming, in waves.
Not on my best day at my peak could I ever pull that off, and I'm a very good swimmer and open water certified diver.

2 - When he was about 60, he owned a fishing resort/RV park on the bank of the Sacramento river in NorCal by Red Bluff (if you know the area).
I watched him jump in the *about* 45-50 degree snow melt water, swim upstream against the current (5-7mph usually) about a mile, turn around and swim back.
Again, not on my best day....100 yards and I would have had hypothermia.

They just made em tough back then I guess ?
Swimming in that water is no joke...grew up there and lost a friend to that river.

That is amazing, I wonder what he was like when he was active duty 😳
Absolutely zero clue.
I never heard a complete sentence from dear old dad that did not have something religious in it.
Not kidding when I confronted him and honestly begged him to talk to me as a father, a friend, and enemy....or even an asshole.
What came out was something akin to "Well, the lord says....".
Blah blah blah.
I never saw him again.
That was the deal on my end, be a human and have your only son in your life. or be a religious fanatic and never see me again, ever, for any reason.
I guess he never knew a thing about me either...and that I held to my word, even when he died, I went to no funeral and I cannot say I'm sorry he's gone.
I'm guessing you can understand why I will never step foot in a church and have nothing but pure hatred for anything church or religion related.

Absolutely zero clue.
I never heard a complete sentence from dear old dad that did not have something religious in it.
Not kidding when I confronted him and honestly begged him to talk to me as a father, a friend, and enemy....or even an asshole.
What came out was something akin to "Well, the lord says....".
Blah blah blah.
I never saw him again.
That was the deal on my end, be a human and have your only son in your life. or be a religious fanatic and never see me again, ever, for any reason.
I guess he never knew a thing about me either...and that I held to my word, even when he died, I went to no funeral and I cannot say I'm sorry he's gone.
I'm guessing you can understand why I will never step foot in a church and have nothing but pure hatred for anything church or religion related.
Sorry for your suffering, but you sound bitter. Be free from that burden, man!

I give the guy credit for the accomplishment. That's pretty awesome feat.
I hope his genetics are better than the majority of us. Knees, hips and back only have so much cushion and for a majority don't last long enough

Reactions: FatBoy
Hell, my body was crushed at 40. I couldn’t imagine doing what he did even now. Tough old goat for sure.