• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old man wants new rifle

Nope.
Like usin it quick like and bend it real quick….
Works as good as bending a 3’ florescent tube bulb.
There is a reported “popping” sound.

Fractures(tears) one of 2 things inside yer dinger, hurts like hell from the one’s I have seen.
Ouch!

Where I am from, there is yankee who is visiting.

Damn yankee is the one that married your sister.

Anyone north of the Red River is a yankee.

Also, to add in, sorry for that mess of loss and sadness you had to deal with.
Terrible stuff.

Afib aint a joke (as you have learned). Glad you have converted back to Normal Sinus.
Hopefully just a little beta blocker and you can skip the blood thinner BS.

Change is good.

The FL boys can do a dang good job helping you get on the right track.
Dont tell em I said so and @Mike Casselton and @lash are damn good guys.
Cant shoot worth a damn and good guys. 🤣

I'm just a spotter now. I tell ya, even Rebecca can shoot better than me.

Take for instance Saturday afternoon. I stuck a 30 BR barrel on an action and loaded a few rounds for it and headed to JTAC.

I got a total of one group shot before the winds and a big-assed storm rolled in. .242 group. Yaaay.

I just kept shooting, damn the winds and rain. Best I could do was 6 more groups for an average of .495.
Rebecca would have probably averaged half of that in our wonderful weather.

Gonna wait until Wednesday and see what it's really capable of. Maybe I'll have Rebecca do the shooting 😉

I'm going tp Port Malabar Sat 6/10 to have a look see at their rifle program in action. I'll bring some ammo and the 308 gas gun I have, just in case I shoot. Quick story that'll be much faster to read than type.

RO (Range Officer). " You mean you don't know anything about that rifle you have here."

Me " I didn't say that sir, I just said it was a new rifle and would you take a quick look at it. "

RO. " So you'd like me to examine your rifle."

Me. " Yes sir. I'm not new at shooting just new at your range. If you say one thing that I don't know or makes me an inch smarter than I was before I came here I'm a winner, and I'd be a fool not to ask you." " In my opinion anyway.

Anyway the RO was much more comfortable after the conversation with this new guy. That very same day a fellow comes to the lane next to me. I say hello and within 5 minutes I packed up and left because of him. He looked exactly like the character Vincent D'onfrio played in Full Metal Jacket, after he lost his mind.. He was bug eyed with a goofy laugh, shooting from the hip with an AK, AND SPITTING BRASS ALL OVER ME. I admit openly the guy scared me. On my way out the RO said to me, " I can't believe they sold him that rifle." I'd keep an eye on him if I was you.

I'm going tp Port Malabar Sat 6/10 to have a look see at their rifle program in action. I'll bring some ammo and the 308 gas gun I have, just in case I shoot. Quick story that'll be much faster to read than type.

RO (Range Officer). " You mean you don't know anything about that rifle you have here."

Me " I didn't say that sir, I just said it was a new rifle and would you take a quick look at it. "

RO. " So you'd like me to examine your rifle."

Me. " Yes sir. I'm not new at shooting just new at your range. If you say one thing that I don't know or makes me an inch smarter than I was before I came here I'm a winner, and I'd be a fool not to ask you." " In my opinion anyway.

Anyway the RO was much more comfortable after the conversation with this new guy. That very same day a fellow comes to the lane next to me. I say hello and within 5 minutes I packed up and left because of him. He looked exactly like the character Vincent D'onfrio played in Full Metal Jacket, after he lost his mind.. He was bug eyed with a goofy laugh, shooting from the hip with an AK, AND SPITTING BRASS ALL OVER ME. I admit openly the guy scared me. On my way out the RO said to me, " I can't believe they sold him that rifle." I'd keep an eye on him if I was you.
Well that was a sucky day for you. If you make it down to JTAC while some of the regular LR crew are there, we can shoot some rifles, shoot more bullshit, and have a safe and relaxing time. I belong to another club and yet go down there when I can for just those reasons. Good solid guys that are happy to help encourage you to spend your money on more, bigger, better, if that’s your thing.

RedRiverII, when is your new rifle expected to show up? Until then, I suggest getting your rimfires out of the safe and doing ammo accuracy tests. Low recoil, low budget, and high enjoyment. A shooting buddy of mine has switched to almost all rimfire for target shooting. Best Wishes.
Give Life Hell!