• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old member, new Florida man

TheOfficeT-Rex

Small N, small x̄
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2019
    Hey all, doing another cross country move to central Florida (Tampa/Orlando area) and looking for some local dope.

Hear good things about JTAC, but they’re closed for membership currently. Looking for a good 600+ range or some PRS type events to check out within about an hour drive from either Tampa or Orlando.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: DustBun and lash
    You’re definitely in a good spot for some matches. There are a bunch of guys here that shoot at JTAC, including me when I can get down there. I’m not a member but those who are can have you along as a guest for $50 (I thinks that’s still the price).

PRS matches are held in Volusia county, JTAC and Immokalee on a rotating basis every month. Volusia is about a hour north of orlando, JTAC an hour south. Immokalee is 2 hours south of Tampa

Awesome, I’ve been spoiled shooting WyCo so excited to stay in the sport. Is there a website or calendar for the match schedule?

You’re definitely in a good spot for some matches. There are a bunch of guys here that shoot at JTAC, including me when I can get down there. I’m not a member but those who are can have you along as a guest for $50 (I thinks that’s still the price).
    I’m pretty sure if you take one of their courses they offer memberships

Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex
    Screenshot_20230426_203320_Google.jpg

Invitation is open to you and also to Casey. Just shoot me a PM.

Thanks guys, don't know why I didn't think to check the PRS website first. Definitely excited to check the local matches - I've already picked where the reloading bench is going in the new house since my press is now safely boxed up.

Invitation is open to you and also to Casey. Just shoot me a PM.
    Thanks Mike, I appreciate that and will hit that PM once I'm established. JTAC would be super close and convenient, I'm bummed their memberships are closed atm.

While further (90m drive) Ares looks like it could be a good interim solution, anyone rec that range? Also seems like there are a few 100yd WMA ranges to pick from, but I'd prefer to member up someplace and skip daily fees (and not have to watch my back so tight) if there is someplace good a short drive from lakeland, even if it's only 100 or 200... Lord knows my fundamentals need work - Kraft drills are humbling 😅

Reactions: lash
    Most of the local short ranges limit you to bench shooting. They are as you describe, a place to watch your back.
    Manatee range has at least 600 yards, and maybe up to 1k. I haven't been there in at least 7 years so I can't say for sure.

I'm only a few minutes from JTAC, so just having it close is great. The fact that it's long range and limited number of people makes it even better.

Reactions: lash