• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old Mini-14 I just bought.

balkandom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2009
NW Arkansas
Hello all,

I thought I would come here and defer to someone, if not many people that probably have a lot more knowledge on the subject than I. I just came into a 181-series Mini-14, blued, with the original factory folding stock and walnut front end. It's an LE turn-in so there is a bit of carry wear, but mechanically it's about perfect. Based on that, could anyone ballpark me an approximate value?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Old Mini-14 I just bought.

Mike,
I picked up a similar "used" mini as you described. Although mine had a fixed synthetic. I talked to a friend who works at a shop where I pick things up from time to time inquiring what the factory folder would cost.
The answer I got was ohhh probably close to $400.00 Reason being apparently they are somewhat "sought" by those who have the full auto/class 3 versions. To add to their rifles. Checked on gun broker and found this to not be very far off on the quote. So however odd it may sound the stock is probably the most valuable portion of your new toy.
On a side note if you do sign on to gun broker you could search for a similar rifle and back date the sales and it will show you what they've been selling for recently.
any pics?

I don't have any now, I should be able to post some next week. Thanks for your help!

According to the 30th edition of the Blue Book Of Gun Values the folding stock was discontinued in 1989. So starting there the value is increased by $300 by having that stock. The condition you described sounds like it's about 80-90%, which would be $275-$300. So my estimate would be $575.00 to $600.00.