• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old News

Re: 2000 Yard Milestone Acheived.

Sounds like a fun trip!

No pics???

I noticed a similar thing with the 375 cal 330 grain lehighs.They worked good out to a mile but not so good at 2000Y and poor at 2500Y.They were probably subsonic at 2500Y though.

On the contrary the Hooker 350's really sail nice.We were hitting a 40" plate at 2500Y 6 out of 10 shots in 2-6 mph winds.

Steve

Congrats. Welcome to the club
smile.gif

Wow nice rigs! 2018 yards! That's awesome E.L.R. shooting.

Wow.....your buddy has a beautiful rifle. I'd love to see some pictures closer up.......

Chris

That Barnard is my rifle, actually the first Barnard P Chey action they released commercially( serial# 08-001).
I'll get some more pics tonight and get them up here tomorrow.
It was good to finally get some serious long range shooting done with these rifles, now we just have to work out what is required to get out to 3000yds and stay supersonic!!
I think we may just have the solution, will post more info as thing develop.
For interest sake, my .375CT is built on the BArnard P-Chey action, 32" Lawton 11.5" twist, Lawton brake, Wild Dog custom stock, NXS 5.5-22x56 NP-R1 zero stop. Wild Dog also did the paint job on the whole lot,and it really does look as good as it shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where do you find hooker 350's </div></div>

Here you go.

Dear Sir:

You mentioned that you had not been able to contact our company to purchase .375-350gr ammunition or bullets. Thank you for leaving an email message on the Sniper's Hide blog.

Hooker Tactical is in business. We are delivering bullets/ammunition/electro-optics. If you would like to contact our company by email, please do so at [email protected] or [email protected].

I will be happy to respond with any information that you require. The new bullet pricing is due this week reflecting the lower cost of copper for manufacturing. I will provide a copy of the pricing for your use to this email address.

Thank you for considering HTBallistic products for your next purchase!

Kind Regards, Susan

Susan Hooker
Acting President & CEO
Hooker Tactical Safety & Defense Equipment, Inc.
(208) 527-3395 Administration
(208) 527-3408 Fax
http://www.hookertactical.com
[email protected]

NIce work PC3 !

With 50 odd pounds of gun between the two I reckon they would have been real stable at the longer ranges !

Good to know she is now living up to your expectations. You only get better with practise !

Well done again mate

Talk soon

DUH

Thnaks DUH,

I know I need to e-mail these pics of cerakote pm me your e-mail adress and I will send them through from work as pics are there any way.

Cheers Paul.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aussiearmourer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was good to finally get some serious long range shooting done with these rifles, now we just have to work out what is required to get out to 3000yds and stay supersonic!! </div></div>

Congrats on your recent ELR engagement! If I may offer a thought, personally I would be more fixated on what development measures would be required to make that same shot & distance cold bore, instead of concentrating on extending the distance limitations of my rifle, cartridge, bullet and load combinations. IMHO, on demand first round hits are the name of the game in the effective deployment of precision rifle.

Something to think about anyway???

Aug ><>

I agree, hitting a target this size with the first shot at this distance is a more impressive feat than taking a few shots. However, at 2000yds I am of the belief that it is more about the shooters ability to read conditions and be completely familiar with the rifle than anything else. Building a half MOA rifle is easy, shooting half MOA groups at 2000yds is a completely different matter. I figure that if we can come up with a cartridge that will stay supersonic furthur whilst retaining the same potential for accuracy, we should be able to achieve consistant accuracy at longer distances. Dont get me wrong, 2000yds is a LONG way and we are certainly not saying that this is easy to shoot this far, I guess its just the curious part of me that wonders how far is too far!!

aussiearmourer

You are spot on! Learning to accurately read the conditions is the key to success, which ultimately takes more practice & developed skill than merely pulling the trigger. If you have a regular shooting partner, have him on heavy glass after you initially make the "call" corrections on your sights, after you break the shot he will give you a hold off correction, break the second shot in rapid succession to the first.. If this correction is effective, study the condtion to determine what you missed the first time, and make a note in your log book as accurately as you can of the condtions, including the new correction. This way each and every shot you break and send down range will be the teacher.

In time as you both gain confidence in your initial calls, you WILL begin to observe more consistant first round hits as you develop the skill to reach further with greater confidence in your accquired/developed ability.

How far is too far?? When we loose the ability to kill, or hit a target on demand that we are engaging at a given distance. Lets say within two rounds. Of course the statistical probabilities of success go down as the field conditions degrade, but with good data development gained by live fire training under a wide set of conditions levels the playing field in our favor ;O)

Also, you will need to acquire the means, and the ability to correct for environmental and atmospheric conditions at the time you develop the correction calls on your sights to enhance your probabilities of successful engagement of your ELR target. This, in and of itself will pay huge dividends to your endeavors in this area!

Best Regards, Aug ><>