• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Old Remington Model Four with case head stamp in action

Here2Learn

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    I am curious about this rifle but cannot find anything with online searches
    Remington Model Four .270 with Deer medallion on the stock and .270 head case embedded in the bottom of the action.

I'll add pictures when I get back to it.

Iffin it is closely related the the 7400, they are hit or miss. Some work flawlessly and some never work. The 7400 was a doomsday child

Or theyre like ARs and require a little tuning.
    Tuning works on some of them yes. If the gas nipple is damaged or off in the slightest degree, they won’t work no matter how hard you tune them. You can buy new gas check and some parts from numrich, as well as clip the main spring and maybe get lucky as well. You can try to uniform the gas port and you may get lucky. You can polish the chamber and maybe get lucky and have it work as well. There are some of these guns that run like champs and there are some to run from. @Here2Learn , if you can see this gun in action and it works, I’d say enjoy it. If it won’t work, or they hesitate to let you see if work, stay away. They are neat guns, they are not accurate guns, they can be finicky guns, they aren’t of any particular collector value either. They made a half a dozen different models of the same design trying to tweak it and get it to be reliable. They quit making it because they never could.

Reactions: hino895
    Tuning works on some of them yes. If the gas nipple is damaged or off in the slightest degree, they won’t work no matter how hard you tune them. You can buy new gas check and some parts from numrich, as well as clip the main spring and maybe get lucky as well. You can try to uniform the gas port and you may get lucky. You can polish the chamber and maybe get lucky and have it work as well. There are some of these guns that run like champs and there are some to run from. @Here2Learn , if you can see this gun in action and it works, I’d say enjoy it. If it won’t work, or they hesitate to let you see if work, stay away. They are neat guns, they are not accurate guns, they can be finicky guns, they aren’t of any particular collector value either. They made a half a dozen different models of the same design trying to tweak it and get it to be reliable. They quit making it because they never could.
    I have the gun. I’m more just curious about the 270 head stamp embedded in the action and the deer medallion on the stock.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    Pictures

Attachments

• DDE18574-60F6-4D1D-B628-D70B61CEE91B.jpeg
      DDE18574-60F6-4D1D-B628-D70B61CEE91B.jpeg
      307.7 KB · Views: 139
    • F02FA12C-F8C2-4CB8-8AE8-39C492185786.jpeg
      F02FA12C-F8C2-4CB8-8AE8-39C492185786.jpeg
      352.3 KB · Views: 104
    I have a Rem. Model Six (pump action) in 30-06 that has the same case head stamp on the bottom of the action, it's my deceased brother's rifle so it has a lot of sentimental value to me. It does shoot pretty good, not precision rifle good but for what it is it's decent can probably get 1 to 1.5 moa out of it if I try. I just use it for hunting shorter distances, maybe out to 300 yds.

Reactions: Lange Carabine
    Here was one for sale that also had a case head embedded... ( no pics )
    "Remington, Model Four, semi-auto rifle, .30-06, 22 inch barrel, deluxe Monte Carlo stock with cheek piece, cartridge “head” imbedded in bottom of receiver, comes with Redfield 3x9 wide-view scope,.... "

https://www.gunsamerica.com/906468924/Remington-Model-Four-semi-auto-rifle-30-06.htm
    What does this have to do with the medallion on the grip? the fake case heads are known to exist. I'm not an expert on them, but I've followed them for a long time and have never seen that medallion. It looks like an add on after the sale. Maybe I'm wrong. Show me.

What does this have to do with the medallion on the grip? the fake case heads are known to exist. I'm not an expert on them, but I've followed them for a long time and have never seen that medallion. It looks like an add on after the sale. Maybe I'm wrong. Show me.
    Nothing. I thought you were referring to the case head in the reciever. My mistake...
    As for the grip medallion you're right, 100% added by a previous owner.

Last edited: