• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Old school SR25 suppressor

m1ajunkie

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Kennewick, WA
What's the scoop on the original SR25 suppressor?

I'm referring to the early 90s era rifles with the 24" barrel and threaded gas block. Understand original versions of this suppressor are no longer available but I believe I've read you can still purchase reproductions of this can from the gentleman that made the originals. Anyone have information on this? Any pics of these old school rifles suppressed?

Still produced, although I do not know if internals have changed over time.

My understanding is -28db a foot long and 30oz.
There are much better options if you want performance these days.

Last edited:

Still produced, although I do not know if internals have changed over time.

My understanding is -28db a foot long and 30oz.
There are much better options if you want performance these days.

That one is the mk11 suppressor that attaches via gate latch to the gas block.

I’m looking to the version prior to this one. Kac no longer produces but apparently you can still get them from the guy that originally made them if I can figure out who that is….

That one is the mk11 suppressor that attaches via gate latch to the gas block.

I’m looking to the version prior to this one. Kac no longer produces but apparently you can still get them from the guy that originally made them if I can figure out who that is….
Try ARFcom for this one.

Reactions: m1ajunkie
But report back because I'm curious just informational purposes.

Get on both the kac facebook groups and ask. Some of the employees are on there

Reactions: m1ajunkie
Get on both the kac facebook groups and ask. Some of the employees are on there

Will do. One of the replies in my Arfcom thread suggested Dan W at Ozark Armory in Lincoln MO. Planning to call them tomorrow and see what's up. Depending on how that conversation I may be looking to dig further into it.

Thanks

Did you ever find anything out? I have 2 SR25 Match Rifles with the Threaded at the gas block that I would Love to get an OTB Suppressor for. I'm ready to Form-4 Now.....
I actually sold the rifle and never pursued anything here. Would've been a super cool setup but I decided I preferred the more modern versions of the SR25.

I have a few leads and I will investigate.

It would be nice if Knights would make a 24" barrel version of their SR25 again.

Mine is a Pre-94 Ban Vero Beach SR25 Match that is All Black in color with no White Lettering. I called Knights years ago and they told me that the one I have is the " Military Match Version. " The Match Rifles with the White Lettering seemed to have a blueish color finish.

It also has the OberMeyer Match barrel and is a Tack Driver. Boots made some Awesome barrels.

Upgrades with a Magpul PRS stock, Magpul MIAD Grip, Geissele SD-E trigger, Harris BRS Bipod.

IMG_7133.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t own it anymore but here’s some pics of a 90s era military match with kac suppressor.

I sent to kac and they replaced the round cf hand guard with their then current quad rail. I put a magpul PRS stock on it. I’ve had 20+ cans but at shooters ear that is the quietest one. Only 5 rnd group on paper I ever shot with it was 3” at 600 yd on an fclass target in the rain 168smk handloads. But if you warm it up POI would definitely start wandering bad.
IMG_3030.jpeg
IMG_3029.jpeg
IMG_3028.jpeg

Look at your muzzle. Is there a land or groove at 12 o’clock?

Reactions: Jarth