• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Old style Rem trigger question

krink85

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2008
Sierra Vista AZ
I have an old style rem trigger that is givving me a slight problem. At the begining of the pull there is creep. It is the same ammount everytime as far as I can tell. I have adjusted the trigger to eliminate this but to no avail. With that being said the trigger breaks nice and clean everytime. I read the instructions on adjusing this trigger and I am mechanically inclined person. What did I do wrong or what else can I do to stop the creep? Or should I leave it alone because it is breaking fine as is?

I followed these instructions Click Here

Re: Old style Rem trigger question

on the side of the trigger theres a witness hole to see your sear engagment. take a look to see how much you have. sounds like it may be more than you need .

Is your sear engagement at a minimum and there's still creep? Almost as though it's a two stage trigger... it will move like 5 thou, then break crisp? I've noticed this in many triggers

(And by sear engagement at a minimum I mean it will break if you turn it any further)

sear.jpg

This is what im seeing. It stops right at the corners of the two. Maybe I adjusted it incorrectly. If I readjust and it still does this would it need polishing by a stone?

Improper Adjustment is the culprit of your creep!!
Trigger shoe lever to connector back lash is the creep that you feel.
The connector needs to be seated against the trigger shoe lever.
The pull weight spring is the only mechanical device that keeps the connector seated.
Adjust sear engagement with sufficient pull weight.

1/8 or 1/4 turn of the adjustment screws will not allow adjustments with-in a country mile of where you need/want to be.

For every action there is an equal & opposite reaction!!!

thats what ive got. took the travel screw to the point where the trigger wouldnt release the sear and backed it off.
dont forget to measure the trigger for a safe range, pull trigger with safety on and really slam the bolt around as fast as possible to check.

I'm having a similar issue with mine only sometimes it creeps and sometimes it doesn't. Also, when it does break without creeping, I can't feel it at all! I increase my pressure slowly and ... Bang! No felt movement.

I am trying to adjust it right now and if i follow the instructions correctly with the over travel screw set as they say the trigger is impossible to pull. When I back it out the is alot of slop. Is there susposed to be a spring in between the over travel screw ond what ever it hits?

I think I have it now. No slop, creep or anythign. Looks liek the pic 051F posted with a nice brake. Thank for the help everyone.

replace the trigger spring...it'll be easier to adjust and you'll get a more consistent pull.

I like the wolff trigger spring.