• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Old timer in "Shooter"

Re: Old timer in "Shooter"

He was checking to see if he had a girlfriend or if his hands were chapped due to friction.

He was looking to see that he had indeed another actor that was trying to act like he was a either current or a former acting actor about acting like he had been in a shooting job for the U.S.

It is a big topic here. People like myself arrive and condemn people and it stirs emotions. I work in a small office and write papers. I used to argue that the real warriors cannot answer because they are deployed but then deployed people posted 10X more then I could the following week so I am having to re-think my policy about what is 'real.'

You can look up the bio of marky mark or any of the people involved quite easily and determine for yourself unless you are gimic hunting. Unlike the collectors, my heroes are average men so I might seem to be an ass...

Semper Fi

I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. I know Marky Mark the actor isn't a real "shooter". But how does the old man know Bobby Lee Swager is? For example I can tell anyone who rides motocross or desert rides dirtbikes by looking at there right thumb. At the joint on the outside of the thumb there will be a calus or an open sore from where the thumb rubs on the throttle. I'm a mechanic & I ride motocross & my hands are always tore up but none of it comes from shooting. Unless I'm doing a 6-700 round day of loading 10-22 mags. I have not served in the military & I don't pretend to be a sniper. You are not going to hurt my feeling at all. That scene in the movie just made me wander how he could know. Or is it just movie mombo jombo?

he was also Chuck Yeagers jet mechanic in "The Right Stuff". the guy with the beamens, for all that remeber that chewing gum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heavy barrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. I know Marky Mark the actor isn't a real "shooter". But how does the old man know Bobby Lee Swager is? For example I can tell anyone who rides motocross or desert rides dirtbikes by looking at there right thumb. At the joint on the outside of the thumb there will be a calus or an open sore from where the thumb rubs on the throttle. I'm a mechanic & I ride motocross & my hands are always tore up but none of it comes from shooting. Unless I'm doing a 6-700 round day of loading 10-22 mags. I have not served in the military & I don't pretend to be a sniper. You are not going to hurt my feeling at all. That scene in the movie just made me wander how he could know. Or is it just movie mombo jombo? </div></div>

How could he know they had recovered a UFO from Roswell or that artificial sweetner wasn't safe either????
smile.gif

a bit off topic:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: p8re8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he was also Chuck Yeagers jet mechanic in "The Right Stuff". the guy with the beamens, for all that remeber that chewing gum. </div></div>

Interesting on that - Chuck Yeagers F104 from all of his test pilot days is about 45 miles south of hear very nearby my favorite 600 yard range.

It has 4 tires on it and no wings and is attempting to break the world LAND speedrecord...
Click the pic for their website...

he was also Chuck Yeagers jet mechanic in "The Right Stuff". the guy with the beamens, for all that remeber that chewing gum.

I don’t think that I would consider Jack L Ridley as a Mechanic, point of fact, he is widely considered one of the finest engineers in the Army Air corpse/USAF at the time. Chuck has stated that Jack was also one of the finest Pilots that he has ever known. IMO, that a lot coming from Yeager.

He was looking to see if Mark Walburg's character filed the fingertip of his index finger because that improves trigger feel and accuracy. At least that's what Tom Berringer's character did in Sniper, so I believe it.

i saw part of shooter, then turned it off by accident after laughing so hard i rolled on the remote when he shoots a moving target through glass and in the head at 800m. what a gay movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And just what made that old codger think that Anna Nicole didn't marry for love?
confused.gif
</div></div>

Let us just assume for a minute that people have a clue. Marky Mark is Marky Mark. Some fellows do not know they are men so they look up to him as a master shooter. Anna Nicole was an OD drugged income maker for a lawyer. People that collect sniper stuff should see this. (Check it out: http:\\:www.freemakebelieveyouwereaMarine.com, http:\\buyasniperschoolcertificate.com, http:\\buyallthesnipershitandactlikeoneonline.com)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> At least that's what Tom Berringer's character did in Sniper, so I believe it. </div></div>

Potential sig line!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> At least that's what Tom Berringer's character did in Sniper, so I believe it. </div></div>

Potential sig line!! </div></div>

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heavy barrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. </div></div>

I am not sure either... Today ends a phase I go through every year following the date of my birth where I grieve the passing of fine fellows and drink heavily while wearing a kilt made out of fine Marine Corps tartan. During this period, I should never appear in public after dusk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heavy barrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the old timer in "Shooter" looking for when he looked at Marky Marks palm? </div></div>

You are a TOOL

What you really wanted to ask was... "What can I do to my hands that will make an old man think I am a Sniper cause my fat ass internet body and zero skill with a firearm cannot pass for shit and I am looking for free drinks at the VFW where they have degraded eyesight"

Dang it! I've been found out! I guess I can take off the ghille suit while typing on the internet now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EugeneAxWielder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I work in a small office and write papers. I used to argue that the real warriors cannot answer because they are deployed but then deployed people posted 10X more then I could the following week so I am having to re-think my policy about what is 'real.'</div></div>Well said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EugeneAxWielder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And just what made that old codger think that Anna Nicole didn't marry for love?
confused.gif
</div></div>

Let us just assume for a minute that people have a clue. Marky Mark is Marky Mark. Some fellows do not know they are men so they look up to him as a master shooter. Anna Nicole was an OD drugged income maker for a lawyer. People that collect sniper stuff should see this. (Check it out: http:\\:www.freemakebelieveyouwereaMarine.com, http:\\buyasniperschoolcertificate.com, http:\\buyallthesnipershitandactlikeoneonline.com)

</div></div>

Just going for the laugh AX! Never for a second believed the big titted skank married the old fossil for his wit, his sexual prowess or "for love"...

How's your outlook two days later?

To absent friends!

you would've laughed even harder if you watched the rest of it. how about the opening scenes with his spotter about to take the shot with the open bolt? they should put this in the comedy section. next "berringer's best"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you would've laughed even harder if you watched the rest of it. how about the opening scenes with his spotter about to take the shot with the open bolt? they should put this in the comedy section. next "berringer's best" </div></div>

You better watch what you say about sniper Tom!!! He is the sniper god and he is watchingyou!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PIGtooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i saw part of shooter, then turned it off by accident after laughing so hard i rolled on the remote when he shoots a moving target through glass and in the head at 800m. what a gay movie. </div></div>

what's even gayer is thinking that movie was supposed to be a documentary and not entertainment.

Levon's character looked at Swagger's hands to find callouses. for those of you that are familiar with the term "Glock finger"...it happens after pressing off a few thousand rounds in a couple days of training. It's a sore that develops from the rubbing of the skin on the middle finger against the bottom of the trigger guard. This also happens with the AR. You also get pretty messed up hands from bear crawling (sniper school reference). When I was in we shot every weapon system we had almost every morning and almost every night...cleaning your weapons that much does some funky stuff to your hands like spreading the seems to the point were your fingerprints get messed up. All of those could contribute to the checking of the hands to verify if the guy the old man was talking to was actually Bob Lee. Hope that answers your question. Levon asked me if there was anything he could do that would add validity to his character being a gun guru right before he went on set. I gave him the best answer I could in the time allotted.

I've wondered about the old guy in the movie. I know the actor is just an old actor and probably doesn't know shit from applebutter about guns but I was curious to know if his character was based on a real gunsmith somewhere?

heavy barrel, I'm there with you. What was he looking for, or just movie mojo. I have a Marlin 22 with about a 10 lb trigger; shoot several thousand times over 1-2 days, that's the only way I could figure how someone could get calluses from a trigger. I thought this was a great movie. Probaly one of my top 10-maybe top 5. I watch some movies/shows for entertainment, some for knowledge. I do not expect the entertaining/fictional ones to be completely factual.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROGUE7A</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heavy barrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the old timer in "Shooter" looking for when he looked at Marky Marks palm? </div></div>

You are a TOOL

What you really wanted to ask was... "What can I do to my hands that will make an old man think I am a Sniper cause my fat ass internet body and zero skill with a firearm cannot pass for shit and I am looking for free drinks at the VFW where they have degraded eyesight" </div></div>

Somebody here seems to have an attitude problem
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heavy barrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That scene in the movie just made me wander how he could know. Or is it just movie mombo jombo? </div></div>

this.

i liked shooter, but lots of it was BS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drummer and singer for The Band </div></div>

You sure that is the same guy?

Not true. It is Sonny, Cher's original husband and co-star of their hit TV show. He faked his death on the slopes to go into hiding because a couple of bad elements were looking for him to conduct a revenge act against him for some of the things he did as a UDT frogman in Vietnam.

Joking. It is the same guy and it would be great to see him perform. Especially this one:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sMHyovwX7JM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sMHyovwX7JM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>